The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Leafs discussing trades with various teams with Kadri, Kulemin, Gardiner and Bolland

Dregger purposely creates the buzz to try and get teams calling. Smart he didn't throw clarksons name in their.

Definitely. It's all tripe.

- First off, Kulemin is a UFA so he is worth what in a trade? A 5th or 6th round pick?

- Guess what?!? So is Bolland a UFA therefore he might be worth slightly more, a 4th round pick.

- Gardiner, after a pretty erratic year, is an RFA lowering his value compared to if he was under contract.

Kadri is the only player under contract. To me this means he is the target of the report and the Leafs are trying to move him to alter their top 6. Dreger throws in the other names to obscure that the emphasis in just saying Kadri is available.

When the Canucks have a single player available, according to Dreger, the market is flooded and the price is pictured to be low. When the Leafs are selling a player they are investigating a few things and the player will be the deemed a rare commodity on the market.

I'm not fooled though. If Dregs is releasing this report it's because the Leafs are backed into a corner and are fairly desperate to move Kadri while he's a top 6 player under a bridge contract. If they drop him to the 3rd line, so they can fit in another player, and his contract comes up next year then his value will drop.

Leafs are a team just stuck lol.

Not many promising prospects, not a promising competitive playoff team, and they are literally just in the middle and have no clue as to where to go. If they're shopping they're youngsters I'd be the first to say it's the wrong move. You need to develop those guys even if they aren't the best prospects, especially since they are on the roster, and wait until they can pay off for you. Trading them for whatever is just temporarily trying I fix the sinking ship and it won't work and you traded away your future. A loss in every possible way.

...Toronto, what will you ever do?..

Dregger purposely creates the buzz to try and get teams calling. Smart he didn't throw clarksons name in their.

Some advice for Trevor.....Don't talk to Nonis unless you want it broadcasted and exagerrated all over TSN by Dreger.

^precisely this. Dreger is a little devil and most the time he talks to make things as best as possible for the Leafs and worst for the rest of the teams. Guy is so jealous his precious little TO team sucks, the other day he was saying on air that Subban can 'easily get $9 million for 8 years'...wtf? Guy's a complete joke and disgrace and wants to pump up the PK contract to screw over the Canadiens. If this was the Leafs PK was on guarantee he'd say something like $6 mill they can sign him for.

Someone needs to bring him down from bias la la land and back to reality.

you have to wonder what Bieksa's worth is to Toronto since Morgan Reilly is getting great tutorial from Bieksa? Hey wait a minute....Reilly is a LH....Bieksa is a RH......on a decent contract still for 2 more years.

Get Tor 1st....#8

Get Ott's pick...#10 and Ana's pick...28th for Kesler

Suddenly we dreaming and picking 6,8,10,28

Trade #6/#28 to Fla for #1

#1-Ekblad

#8-Tuch

#10-Milano

Plus whatever is tossed into the deals with Kesler/Bieksa

If THIS was possible I would absolutely do horribly oral things to the new GM and Linden.

While I understand that this team would be absolute garbage next year losing Kesler, Bieksa AND still potentially losing Edler Hansen or Burrows.

This would slingshot this team in to the future in a big way.

And yes you are right, there would probably be more coming back in both the Bieksa and Kesler deals

I hope the Leafs trade Kadri. Hate that guy. Wonder if he'd get his act together in Vancouver under the leadership of Henrik, Daniel and Bieksa.

Neutral on the others.

I don't follow the Leafs that closely,but why is Kadri's name always in trade rumours..?...Seems odd since they drafted him ,and he's just turning the corner in his development..

Two of those guys are UFA, and has disappointing years. Why would any team be offering anything in a trade for them?

I wouldn't mind Kadri or Gardiner, but not at the prices TO is going to demand for them.

I don't follow the Leafs that closely,but why is Kadri's name always in trade rumours..?...Seems odd since they drafted him ,and he's just turning the corner in his development..

He thinks he is better than he is and when talking contract with management the two are always at a disagreement. A little bit of cockiness is good, but Kadri takes it too far. He thinks he can be a full time 1C today. In a way it's somewhat similar to Hodgson. When Bozak went down it was obvious Kadri isn't ready to be a 1C.

I can see us actively shopping Reimer and Franson as well. Only untouchables IMO are Kessel, Bozak, Reilly, Phaneuf, JVR and Bernier. Probably Clarkson too but for other reasons.

Not sure why, but for me there is just something about his 'character', and the way he plays, that rubs me the wrong way .. maybe it is how he cheap shots and runs away

I would love kadri on this team. A 50 point 23 year old with Kane like hands! Hell yes.

Kesler for Kadri and Gardiner. Getter dun

KANE - KADRI - KASSIAN

D.SEDIN - H. SEDIN - BURROWS

HIGGINS - BOLLAND - MATTHIAS

SESTITO - RICHARDSON - ARCHIBALD

_________ - HAMHUIS

BIEKSA - TANEV

STANTON - CORRADO

LACK

MARKSTROM

Wouldn't mind kadri or gardener or both. If we could do something like Kes and second for Kadri Gardiner first, then I would be a happy man.

As stated earlier in the thread ..Kesler won't waive his NTC to play for the Leafs..

I would love to have Kadri, he can fit in as our 2nd line center and makes Kesler expandable if he was to be traded, not sure what Toronto looks for but maybe at the trade deadline once Tanev gets noticed a bit more we can do a Tanev for Kadri trade, we'd probably have to add but I still like the base.

I think maybe one of our center prospects can also be a trade piece if we acquire Kadri. Horvat, Gaunce, Cassels, Schroeder, Fox, Dalpe all good young centers, some can be expandable.

Archived