The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Leafs discussing trades with various teams with Kadri, Kulemin, Gardiner and Bolland

Not Kuley :(

Kulemin Grabovski MaCarthur was the best shutdown line in the league and now they're all gone :(

Nonis why?

When Grabs and MacArthur got shipped out, I literally laughed out loud. Nonis, you dumb SOB. And then the Clarkson and Bolland contracts....just wow.

Kulemin Grabovski MaCarthur was the best shutdown line in the league and now they're all gone :(

Nonis why?

Sorry but the "best shutdown line in the league" can't be on a team who has been in the bottom 5 goals against for 10 years straight. I think every one of Bostons line is better at shutting down teams, and Nashville, Phoenix etc.

As per Darren Dreger's twitter feed..

Some trade discussion with teams on a number of Leafs players. Kadri, Gardiner, Bolland and Kulemin included. Leafs brass is eager to talk.

I wonder if Trevor is talking.. Although I doubt it, he is probably waiting to hire a permanent GM. I'm not sure I am all that interested in any of those players in a Canucks uniform anyway. I see the price being to high for all of them. I wouldn't be confident in Kadri's ability to translate his game to the west coast, no to Bolland, Gardiner would likely cost an arm and a leg, and admittedly I do not know much about Kulemin. Perhaps someone can fill me in.

B, B, B, But Darren...

Luongo has a bad contract... :(

And speaking of No Shii Sherlock: Isn't Kulemin a UFA Darren?

B, B, B, But...

He has a 30 goal season??? B)

Yeah, Darren, he only had 20 points this year. <_<

I'll talk to my cousin; Maybe we can sweeten the pot, throw in a good second line center, Dave Bolland. He has a championship ring! ::D

Uhm, Darren.

He's a 3rd line center with 26 points in 2 years. And he's a bit undersized, injuries taking their toll I heard. When was the last time he played a full season?

I, err, am not sure, I think 2008? :bigblush:

And how many years left on his contract Darren?

:sadno: Maybe I can get my cousin to sign him, so we can trade him to you?

We'll throw in Phaneuf!!! :emot-parrot:

:lol:

KANE - KADRI - KASSIAN

D.SEDIN - H. SEDIN - BURROWS

HIGGINS - BOLLAND - MATTHIAS

SESTITO - RICHARDSON - ARCHIBALD

_________ - HAMHUIS

BIEKSA - TANEV

STANTON - CORRADO

LACK

MARKSTROM

my goodness... that rebel KKK line .......... :shock:

but uh... where's Garrison/Edler?

If THIS was possible I would absolutely do horribly oral things to the new GM and Linden.

While I understand that this team would be absolute garbage next year losing Kesler, Bieksa AND still potentially losing Edler Hansen or Burrows.

This would slingshot this team in to the future in a big way.

And yes you are right, there would probably be more coming back in both the Bieksa and Kesler deals

Well Burrows DID mention how much he respects Tippet....wonder what a Burrows/Hansen package would get us from Phoenix?

I truely wouldnt mind if all of our core got traded for picks, prospects and if we sucked for a year and got another great pick then kicked arse the year after. I, and Im sure I speak for other long time fans, am more sold on hope and promise.

Honestly, I can see Edmonton ponying up for Gardiner to play with their uber D man (ha) knowing the history they have

Edmonton has Schultz, they dont need Gardiner (aren't they supposed to be buddies?).

Edmonton needs Ekblad! And dont have the solid two way guys to compliment another offensive guy who is a bit soft in his end.

Gardiner should still be a target, priced properly, even on a crowded left side for us. His flaws could be sheltered in our line up. He's faster, more creative and better with the puck than anyone we have on D. But, what we really need is a young RHD with his skills. So only if TO feels they have to make a deal for some reason, and come to the table reasonably...

Nonis why?

Kulemin would be a good UFA candidate for the Canucks. What would he command after a 20 point season? $3 mill?? Wont jump us into any stratosphere, but we could be extremely tight and tough to play against with legions of defensive forwards. Kesler, Kulemin, Burrows, Richardson, Hansen, Horvat, Gaunce, Higgins.

Kulemin is still 225 lbs, fast and solid defensively. I'd love to see a 3rd line of Kuly, Richardson and Hansen! B) Kulemin / Kesler / Kassian might also be magical if Kass can keep up with the pace?

Maybe even Higgins / Kesler / Kulemin???

sorry meant neutral on the rest. I don't like Kadri.

Last year, he looked like he could jump into a full time 2knd line role. What happened this year?

Kulemin is a solid player, but the Canucks dont need a solid player, they need a star for the top 6.

Gardiner and Kadri would be of interest. We need a PMD that can be a PPQB. He plays an elusive fast game and is very creative. Hell definately need a strong defensive minded d-partner though... Tanev comes to mind.

Id bet the Leafs would be asking about Ryan Kesler and Kevin Bieksa. Its the one place that Bieksa might be willing to go. Id like to have him stay, as hes a canuck at heart and is the only d-man with any kind of mean. Kes could be convinced, but he might just rather stay where he is, rather than make a lateral move. However the notion of going there and becoming a potential legend the way that Doug Gilmore did is one I could see him enjoying. They certainly have the pieces to make it work.

Kadri Gardiner 1st for Kesler, 2nd, 3rd

I'd do this deal but Toronto probably wouldn't. Not to mention there is very little chance Kesler waives to Toronto..

People also still 'discuss' the Titanic, upon occasion. Disasters are compelling.

So the vineyard starts producing a lousy crop annually?.. They change ownership & managers, yet still the vintage is 'off' like sour vinegar. Now they must pawn off excess stock in unsuspecting markets? I think the secret's out. It'll have to remain down in the cellar.

Edmonton has Schultz, they dont need Gardiner (aren't they supposed to be buddies?).

Edmonton needs Ekblad! And dont have the solid two way guys to compliment another offensive guy who is a bit soft in his end.

Gardiner should still be a target, priced properly, even on a crowded left side for us. His flaws could be sheltered in our line up. He's faster, more creative and better with the puck than anyone we have on D. But, what we really need is a young RHD with his skills. So only if TO feels they have to make a deal for some reason, and come to the table reasonably...

Kulemin would be a good UFA candidate for the Canucks. What would he command after a 20 point season? $3 mill?? Wont jump us into any stratosphere, but we could be extremely tight and tough to play against with legions of defensive forwards. Kesler, Kulemin, Burrows, Richardson, Hansen, Horvat, Gaunce, Higgins.

Kulemin is still 225 lbs, fast and solid defensively. I'd love to see a 3rd line of Kuly, Richardson and Hansen! B) Kulemin / Kesler / Kassian might also be magical if Kass can keep up with the pace?

Maybe even Higgins / Kesler / Kulemin???

Last year, he looked like he could jump into a full time 2knd line role. What happened this year?

Gardiner and Schultz played incredibly well together which is why I suggested Edmonton as being interested. I have always liked Gardiner as I think he will come in to his own very soon and of course....on a team NOT the Leafs at which point in time he will be torn to shreds by Toronto media and then in some way shape or form Dreger will make sure that everyone knows it isn't Gardiner but his playing partner.

Maybe we could pick him up and pair him with Edler, and then see what excuses Dreger could make :P

Gardiner and Schultz played incredibly well together which is why I suggested Edmonton as being interested. I have always liked Gardiner as I think he will come in to his own very soon and of course....on a team NOT the Leafs at which point in time he will be torn to shreds by Toronto media and then in some way shape or form Dreger will make sure that everyone knows it isn't Gardiner but his playing partner.

Maybe we could pick him up and pair him with Edler, and then see what excuses Dreger could make :P

Yes, I like Gardiner. But lefty Gardiner, with plays poorly on his off side Edler is not where I would go.

Hamhuis Bieksa Hardcore defensive pair, led the league as shut down pair 2011.

Edler Tanev Big shot, steady partner!

Gardiner Garrison A puck mover with a defensive stud to back him, and a big shot option when set up!

dirty laundy, not interested in any of those, with exception of Bolland but a 5 million dollar 3rd line player is just too much.

That team is literally full of trash players.

lets put it this way guys....

if its a player the Leafs don't want, it's pretty much a player that will be useless to us. No joke.

Say what you want about the Leafs, but Kadri is a fantastic player with a lot of skill and great vision - something the Canucks have lacked up front. We didn't score many goals because our forwards are all grinders, and the only guys with any offensive skill (the twins) are declining. We've got enough size and grit up front - we need skill.

I'd throw our 1st away for him in a heartbeat, and if that's not enough give them a roster player like Hansen too. Kadri was on pace to out-score all Canucks and he's got potential, plus is the right age to fit our new core (Lack, Tanev, Kassian, Jensen, Matthias, Horvat/Shinkaruk/Fox). He's exactly what we need to replace Henrik and Kesler up front - a future #1 center. Something we don't have in our organization either.

Kadri - Kesler - Kassian

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Hansen - Santorelli - Higgins

Burrows - Richardson - Matthias

or

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Kadri - Kesler - Higgins

Hansen - Santorelli - Jensen

Burrows - Richardson - Matthias

This lets our young guys like Horvat and Shinkaruk develop for a bit longer, maybe see how they do in the AHL before rushing them up. We could easily slot them in in case of injury, but the Canucks need youth up front and having guys like Kassian, Kadri and Jensen playing a bigger role while guys like Burrows and the twins are slowly weaned off their ice time is the best thing for this core.

Archived