The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Botchford] Kesler gave a list of 6 (revisited)

Wow it's ridiculous those of you that are proposing Tarasenko, Rattie and 2015 (1st)

Tarasenko is 22 and had the same amount of points as Kesler in 13 less games. Plus you want Rattie and a 1st. Absolutely ridiculous, will never happen.

Nor would they trade Schwartz, Rattie and a 1st.

Schwartz had even more points and is 21.

well if St. Louis hopes to come out of the west....they have LA and Chicago in the way. Anaheim and SJ elbowing them in the face for their share of the pie.

Anaheim is looking to accomplish the same.

Both are in OUR conferance.

Let the bidding war begin

If Im Benning....I get St. LOUIS to offer Rattie/Tarasenko/1st

Rattie is essentially Raymond's replacement that we never did replace. Imo

Anaheim Can buck up with

10th, 24th, Theodore, + roster player

Kesler will help both of those teams big time.

Oshie/Backes/Kesler...Nice line

StL must be experiencing a sense of desperation. They've been upper-echelon for a while now, but haven't really accomplished anything. Meanwhile, a div-rival like Chi has won it all twice. Now a couple others are emerging with combinations of youth, speed & size/talent(Minn & Col). Nash will be arriving soon, with a 'Great Wall' of blueline.

Their key youth appear a tad smallish to me. Doesn't fit the profile of larger, skilled types that just won in LA. On top of that their gting was musical chairs(similar to Ana), & now the music's stopped, they're counting on a younger, inexperienced guy to run with it.

In a season or two(at most, 3), this team will likely crash hard. Do they gamble on Kesler? If I'm him, don't think I'd go there, if he's truly into winning. Never been their tradition.

well if St. Louis hopes to come out of the west....they have LA and Chicago in the way. Anaheim and SJ elbowing them in the face for their share of the pie.

Anaheim is looking to accomplish the same.

Both are in OUR conferance.

Let the bidding war begin

If Im Benning....I get St. LOUIS to offer Rattie/Tarasenko/1st

Rattie is essentially Raymond's replacement that we never did replace. Imo

Anaheim Can buck up with

10th, 24th, Theodore, + roster player

Kesler will help both of those teams big time.

Oshie/Backes/Kesler...Nice line

Again the blues laugh at your proposal.

Here is my tradeable offers for Kesler according to what Benning would be interested in.

Detroit - Mantha + Tatar/or sheehan + 1st

Philly - Loughton + S.Morin + 1st

Anaheim - Etem + Rakell/Theodore/Palmeiri + 1st

Pittsburgh - Pouliot + Bennett/Blueger + 1st

Columbus - I'd really only want R.Johansen in a 1-1 deal. maybe add a prospect from their end.

6th team ?

If it's Detroit, Mantha has GOT to be part of the deal. Jurco and Tatar are great pieces, and Nyquist is probably out of the question, but JB can get better from other teams. Tier 2 players for Kes doesn't get it done.

If it's STL, then I would actually like to take Vladimir Sobotka of their hands in any deal. Very good bottom 6 checking forward. Of course not the main piece. Tarasenko and Jake Allen are probably out of the question at this point. So...

Schwartz, 1st, and Sobotka. That seems fair. Maybe we add a lower pick or prospect.

That price is just to outlandish for St Louis to consider. Makes no sense for them. In my opinion they'll work a deal around Berglund for amore dynamic centre. I also don't buy the report Kesler is on the blues radar, they need offensive help, ie, Spezza.

Btw Spezza is about14 months older then Kesler, that's it. Not to mention he is ppg player throughout his career, something Kesler is not even close to.

Both Spezza and Kesler bring different games to the table. Spezza might have better scoring stats but

thee is no doubt that Kesler has a far superior two way game. That fits well with the Blues game.

"Oshie/Backes/Kesler...Nice line"

That line is not nice it's ass kicking awesome!

I love the way CDC now talk with confidence in terms of 2 and 3 way deals. If indeed JB does do a straight deal, a two way or even a 3 way deal how refreshing that will be for this organisation where in the past any type of deal was agonising, uninspiring and generally like a collective CDC trip to the dentist :)

I wonder with the Team arbitration filed by the Avs vs ROR would help to facilitate a deal for Kesler.

Speculation is that this move would prompt other teams to offer sheet ROR at a high salary, thus giving the Avs multiple high picks in return. If they added Kes @ 5M per year, and retained Stastny, I really like their chances as the team matures.

StL must be experiencing a sense of desperation. They've been upper-echelon for a while now, but haven't really accomplished anything. Meanwhile, a div-rival like Chi has won it all twice. Now a couple others are emerging with combinations of youth, speed & size/talent(Minn & Col). Nash will be arriving soon, with a 'Great Wall' of blueline.

Their key youth appear a tad smallish to me. Doesn't fit the profile of larger, skilled types that just won in LA. On top of that their gting was musical chairs(similar to Ana), & now the music's stopped, they're counting on a younger, inexperienced guy to run with it.

In a season or two(at most, 3), this team will likely crash hard. Do they gamble on Kesler? If I'm him, don't think I'd go there, if he's truly into winning. Never been their tradition.

For sure the Blues are feeling the competitive pressure on the ice but I suggest it might go beyond that. It was not that many years ago that the franchise was in trouble at the box office which in turn affected the amount of money they could spend on players. Davidson did a nice job of changing that

around. That does not mean that St. Louis will not slide backwards. It could have a significant role in

how they deal with their off season trades.

Here is my tradeable offers for Kesler according to what Benning would be interested in.

Detroit - Mantha + Tatar/or sheehan + 1st

Philly - Loughton + S.Morin + 1st

Anaheim - Etem + Rakell/Theodore/Palmeiri + 1st

Pittsburgh - Pouliot + Bennett/Blueger + 1st

Columbus - I'd really only want R.Johansen in a 1-1 deal. maybe add a prospect from their end.

6th team ?

Haven't checked on the RK17 news lately but aren't those bolded teams not even an option since they aren't on the trade list RK sent in?

I don't see the Ducks movie S-P, but if they did, hell yes

Ya maybe not. But with the 10th we could probably be able to draft Virtanen at that pick and with our 6th draft Ritchie. That would give us two big physical wingers. Smith-Pelly is also physical and we add in Kassian we would have a tough top 9.

Ya maybe not. But with the 10th we could probably be able to draft Virtanen at that pick and with our 6th draft Ritchie. That would give us two big physical wingers. Smith-Pelly is also physical and we add in Kassian we would have a tough top 9.

Virtanen and Ritchie at 10th and 6th? Boy are you gonna be surprised at the draft.

Yes Botchford, you just KNOW that Kesler doesn't want to go to Pittsburgh now because they lost in the 2nd round. Don't buy this crap people...

And every time Botch makes one of those cheesy metaphors of his, I wanna punch him in the face.

I argee with this person we will not give up yet

until Next year in 2016

Archived