The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Phaneuf, Kadri and 8th overall to Panthers for Jovanovski and 1st overall

Jovo is negative value. The pessimist would say Phaneuf is negative value in which case:

Kadri + 8th overall for 1st Overall.

The optimist would say Phaneuf is worth a 2nd/3rd so then it's:

Kadri +2nd+3rd + 8th overall for 1st Overall.

Tough to match either way.

Jovo is negative value. The pessimist would say Phaneuf is negative value in which case:

Kadri + 8th overall for 1st Overall.

The optimist would say Phaneuf is worth a 2nd/3rd so then it's:

Kadri +2nd+3rd + 8th overall for 1st Overall.

Tough to match either way.

Really thats all Dion's worth? people on CDC think edler is worth a top 10 pick in the draft.

Dion is worth a 1st round pick even with his salary he still puts up numbers. Put him and Campbell together and he's get a ton of goals

TO gets robbed as is. Doesn't make sense unless there is another piece coming back from Florida.

Also, with Reilly in the fold, you'd think they'd prefer Reinhart? They've needed the big C since Sundin left.

leafs are a mess they spend years trading there high draft picks to build a win now club and now they want to trade one of the few developing prospects in there system and there captain for another prospect. this club is a joke everyone complained about gillis but when it comes to being a terrible gm nobody holds a stick to Nonis more proof clarkson's contract.

Holy smokes!

First thought was; what would possess Tallon to be doing that. But then again, as much as I dislike both players, they get top guys and still draft high enough to make it count. No matter how you turn it and look at it from angles, Florida wins this one every time.

I actually hope this happens.

Holllllly, what a steep price to pay.. I think the Panthers want 1 of Nylander or Ehlers anyways, so to unload Jovo, get Phaneuf, Kadri and the player they want in the draft,,,, what a trade for them!

So does Toronto want Ekblad or Reinhart?

Either way that is a large trade..

Yes agreed.

My guess is if they are getting rid of Phaneuf they want Ekblad, and if they want a center, they want Bennett (Ontario boy, compared to Gilmour in his play etc).

I think its Ekblad though, and as someone else mentioned then they go hard at stastny and overpay.

No player other than Ekblad is 100% ready so if you're giving up 2 roster players you are expecting whomever you get back to play = Ekblad.

Kessel needs a real center (Bozak is an adequate 1c in the ilk of Morrison between Bert/Nazzy, chemistry, few mistakes, plays a 2 way game but is really a number 2).

Lupul Stastny Kessel

JVR Bozak Clarkson

MayRay Bolland Winger

Gardiner Franson

Ekblad Gunnarson

Reilly 6d

D is young but solid and can always sign a veteran UFA to add some balance/experience.

Florida does not win this trade guys.

It's not the direction they are going in. Kadri has attitude issues, and I don't picture him in Florida's future. He is a proven offensive player, he's also a proven slacker, with attitude issues, only shows up when screamed at. High maitence player. Florida is better Having Btusdad and Huberdeau and their top centermans. Phaneuf is useless dman gosh, why do people think so highly of that pylon? I don't get it.

Archived