The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Phaneuf, Kadri and 8th overall to Panthers for Jovanovski and 1st overall

honestly Id love to see the TML overpay this badly for Ekblad.

THis is a fight the Canucks should and will back down from if theres any truth to it at all.

We'll be talking to Buffalo about the #2 pick, as it looks like the teams talking with Florida are wanting to secure Ekblad.

Kadri is very underrated. A point per game center, highly skilled, may not be big but the kid is a point machine. He's essentially a first line center next season.

Toronto loses their #1 center and #1 defenceman, plus a high pick (likely a top-6 forward in the future) for a 2nd pairing defenceman (if that) and a future #1 defenceman.

They're losing out big-time there. Kadri and the 6th alone is well worth the 1st overall.

Kadri is very underrated. A point per game center, highly skilled, may not be big but the kid is a point machine. He's essentially a first line center next season.

Toronto loses their #1 center and #1 defenceman, plus a high pick (likely a top-6 forward in the future) for a 2nd pairing defenceman (if that) and a future #1 defenceman.

They're losing out big-time there. Kadri and the 6th alone is well worth the 1st overall.

Kadri is not underrated, he's overrated. If points are all that matter, then he's a number 1 center, just like Hodgson. But there's alot more to being a number 1 center than that. Ask Toronto fans what they really think of Kadri...

Bozak is their number 1 by the way.

Phaneuf may be their number 1 defenseman, but he's definitely not a number 1 anymore. The guy can't skate worth crap, and makes alot of bonehead decisions. Why do you think Toronto is so eager to get rid of him?

That Leafs offer will never get accepted. The whole reason Florida wants to trade down is because they want Ehlers or Nylander. Either will likely be available at number 6. Not likely at number 8.

Kadri thinks he's the GOAT and wants a hefty payday he has yet to deserve. He hasn't got along well with management for this reason.

As for Phaneuf, that 7M contract being gone makes it worthwhile.

Does Phaneuf have a NTC?

Counter with Garrison, Jensen, and the 6th overall pick.

That way Florida still has a good shot at getting Ehlers, who it sounds like they want. He may not be available at number 8.

Garrison and the 6th would do it for moving up 5 spots in this kind of draft. The difference between 1 and 6 in this particular case isnt that much.

Garrison and the 6th would do it for moving up 5 spots in this kind of draft. The difference between 1 and 6 in this particular case isnt that much.

You always have to overpay for the number 1 though.

Reinhart and Ekblad are in a class of their own in this draft IMO. Both will be stars.

Lol @ anyone who thinks Florida will take this.

People know who Phaneuf is and how much he will be making right?

Exactly. Yes Phaneuf is better than Jovanovski. But Phaneuf's contract fucking stinks. He will get paid 7 million each season until he's 36. 7 years. Jovanovski isn't worth the money right now, but he will be UFA next year. 8th overall + Kadri for 1st overall is a decent offer. Phaneuf totally ruins the value of the deal though.

The only thing I see here is Kadri. Is Kadri worth giving up your 1st overall for and you may end up with nothing in exchange and I say no. I'd rather Ekblad, Reinhart or Bennet you have to remember that Kadri is a centre so why would Florida give up their first overall when they presumably are too deep at centre and defense and get a young centre in return for it.

I think everyone here would rather have Bennet or Reinhart so why would Talon want Kadri over them? Phaneuf is garbage and worthless.

Toronto wins trade badly. them getting rid of Kadri and Phaneuf in hopes in hopes of properly using the cap room is already a plus for the Leafs. They win badly. Kadri is even more useless to the Panthers because their top 2 spots are occupied right now. Highly unlikely Tallon will make such a retarded more.

The only thing I see here is Kadri. Is Kadri worth giving up your 1st overall for and you may end up with nothing in exchange and I say no. I'd rather Ekblad, Reinhart or Bennet you have to remember that Kadri is a centre so why would Florida give up their first overall when they presumably are too deep at centre and defense and get a young centre in return for it.

I think everyone here would rather have Bennet or Reinhart so why would Talon what Kadri over them? Phaneuf is garbage and worthless.

I don't. Reinhart would be an instant fan favourite here.

Archived