The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I hope Ferraro's wrong and he becomes a 1st or 2nd line forward, otherwise we've wasted the highest pick this franchise has had in over a decade.

Good teams don't waste top-10 picks on a 3rd liner. Good teams make first and second line players out of these high picks (and even later picks). I sincerely hope we haven't blown this.

It just hurts when you see Nylander and Larkin, who were drafted after Virtanen, absolutely dominate the world juniors and really show their stuff. It's hard to judge players in their own respective leagues before they're compared to their draftees in a tournament like this, but good drafting teams like the Red Wings and Bruins find ways to draft fantastic players before seeing them develop.

it hurts? wow

the kid was nearly the youngest player there, and came off surgery so he's another 6 months behind his development.

mdc didn't even make the team, ritchie was so slow.

virtanen holds the puck, knocks down checks that come at him, and keeps going. he was faster than everyone.

don't be butthurt, theres a lot to be stoked about

If people are panicking we drafted Jake so high. We drafted Gustav Forsling in the 5th round. And he was one of the best D-men and top ten in point getters in the tourney.

Relax, he's got a ways in his development. Panic if he comes into training camp looking like Trent Klatt.

If people are panicking we drafted Jake so high. We drafted Gustav Forsling in the 5th round. And he was one of the best D-men and top ten in point getters in the tourney.

Relax, he's got a ways in his development. Panic if he comes into training camp looking like Trent Klatt.

Forsling has a ways to go in his development, yup. Virtanen's a lot closer. Not sure if anyone is panicking about anything at the moment, as the discussion has gone over to Jake's hover hand on that radio dj chick.
  • Upvote 1

Forsling has a ways to go in his development, yup. Virtanen's a lot closer. Not sure if anyone is panicking about anything at the moment, as the discussion has gone over to Jake's hover hand on that radio dj chick.

and the desperate puck bunny who left her real number for him to call her...

Thank you sir, didn't realize I was being labeled a wanker for quoting a movie i was certain most every adult has seen.

To the sensitive guy who was so worried about being accountable for what we type, you couldn't have just googled what i posted before you spoke up? what if JR didn't post that GIF and i never noticed your response? you would have defiled my character under false pretenses.

Being conscientious of what we put on the internet goes both ways.

The problem is that these posters are not adults. They're barely considered children ;)

I think the argument here is over the message not who said it...

Just because someone says something sexist or racist in a song or a movie or anywhere in the media does not make it acceptable as something to incorporate into your dialect.

I understand the use of a reference as a joke, but this is not a movie, this is real life where everything we say can be tied back to us personally in someway. Respect is something that's earned not given and few people today put in the effort to obtain it in the anonymous online world we live in.

Say what ever you want to say, just think about the ramifications first.

As for Virtanen he seems like the type to put the needs of the many above the needs of the few, I think that will serve him well in his NHL career.

Edited by Derp...
  • Upvote 3

I think the argument here is over the message not who said it...

Just because someone says something sexist or racist in a song or a movie or anywhere in the media does not make it acceptable as something to incorporate into your dialect.

I understand the use of a reference as a joke, but this is not a movie, this is real life where everything we say can be tied back to us personally in someway. Respect is something that's earned not given and few people today put in the effort to obtain it in the anonymous online world we live in.

Say what ever you want to say, just think about the ramifications first.

As for Virtanen he seems like the type to put the needs of the many above the needs of the few, I think that will serve him well in his NHL career.

Yeah, maybe after 9/11, where everybody got so sensitive. Thanks a lot, Bin Laden.

• Upvote 2