The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Leader in hits among forwards. Leader in takeaways on the whole team.

How many used cars did you sell last week?

Ooh sh*t ! Noooo way...really?? Damn did you say all forwards?? And leader in takeaways??? Damn!

Looks like hes got all the qualities of becoming an elite 4th line plumber.

7 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

Not sure why this board has this insane love affair for Fake Virtanen. He hasnt even done anything that makes you want to have hope for the dud. Whats even more sad is he has no value. We would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him. Cut yours losses with this dud and hope we get a bag of pucks for this inconsistent trash.

not sure how much you read through this thread, but at least half or more of it is people bashing him.

23 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Buddy stop telling me to be patient, I'm here to discuss what is happening right now, not what "could be" a few seasons from now.  And no I'm not just looking at goals and assists.  I see missed defensive assignments, I see circles instead of stops and starts, I see a lack of battle in front of the oppositions net, I rarely see him engaged in an offensive zone cycle and he's not on any special teams.  I see good puck tracking particularily in the neutral zone, I see him being physical but not at the right times or place I see a good offensive break out game maybe once every 3 weeks?  It's just not good enough, maybe you just don't see the things I do.  I doubt you even watch many games, you just show up and tell people to be patient

If we drafted an 18 year old out of the Campbell River house league you would probably tell me to be patient

He's your buddy now? 27 year old Archibald was just called up. Maybe patience is what's required with this prospect. He's not some Rod Brind'amour or Byron Dafoe Campbell River superstar...STFU

14 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

Gagne's injury is day to day ankle sprain, and with him put on IR and Archie being signed that puts us back to a full roster when he returns.

That being said we will have 1 to many players, and we don't have many waiver exempt players.  

ELC Boeser not a chance,  ELC Stecher not a chance, Beiga slim chance as he could be scooped, so that leaves Virtanen as the most likely to be sent down to Utica. 

Or traded, but fortunately for him he is inevitablty tied in with Benning and his existence.

I don't see them chancing the loss of Beiga as there is to much talk about our Dmen.

Virtanen,s gone upon Gagnes return or they have a trade going down with a draft pick return or a minor league prospect me thinks.

Probably the simpler one of moving virts down

Vanek trade IMO.

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

I'm just wondering how bad Gagnes injury is as it's pretty early if hes returning shortly.

Not really a great strategy to trade Vanek well before the deadline considering his value could climb for various reasons.(short selling)

See how Bennings own status always comes into play. (Hamhuis) 

Minor ankle sprain is likely 2+ weeks. Who says we're moving Vanek 'early'?

Edited by aGENT

On 2018-02-07 at 7:52 AM, captainhorvat said:

Not sure why this board has this insane love affair for Fake Virtanen. He hasnt even done anything that makes you want to have hope for the dud. Whats even more sad is he has no value. We would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him. Cut yours losses with this dud and hope we get a bag of pucks for this inconsistent trash.

You, sir/madame, are the pinnacle of class and respect.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

I'm just wondering how bad Gagnes injury is as it's pretty early if hes returning shortly.

Not really a great strategy to trade Vanek well before the deadline considering his value could climb for various reasons.(short selling)

See how Bennings own status always comes into play. (Hamhuis) 

Yes assumption

If Benning is offered a 2nd Rounder for Vanek there should be no hesitation. TDL is Feb. 28th, 20 days away.   

• Cheers 1