The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Dang, looks like I missed an interesting weekend. No surprise stuff like this happens. Everyone wants to be the one to break news. Everyone thinks they are important and their opinions matter. Social media is one of the most annoying things people have invented. Twitter and facebook comments are some of the worst things I have ever had the pleasure of reading. And I read some of 50 Shades of Grey. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Agreed - and given the social media footprint is "forever", this guy will not be able to get any traction in the local media there likely for at least....forever.

It is the age of social media. After about 48 hours no one gives a crap. This kid will barely be affected by his silly tweet at all.

Edit: I mean...look at eklund...that fool still gets hits. It is bizarro world.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Only question is, which is his CDC account -- the Frog, Ardash, or 5th Line?  Pretty much verbatim for them.

Why would I bash Jake any more? He's being doing the talking for me these last couple years.

It's nice to see you're still sticking to the HW mantra of petty, untagged insults on an anonymous internet forum though. In the off-season to boot! Impressive. Not sure if I should encourage you to grab some summer sunlight or congratulate you on some serious dedication.  :gocan:

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2018 at 8:04 PM, guntrix said:

Why would I bash Jake any more? He's being doing the talking for me these last couple years.

It's nice to see you're still sticking to the HW mantra of petty, untagged insults on an anonymous internet forum though. In the off-season to boot! Impressive. Not sure if I should encourage you to grab some summer sunlight or congratulate you on some serious dedication.  :gocan:

I don't know which thread is more fun:  this one or Trump?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, guntrix said:

"The kid has arrived" with a career-high 20 points but amazing 5v5 offensive zone carries per hour. I lol'd.

Call me old-fashioned but I'll wait until he starts producing before announcing his arrival. 

Oh, I see, a hockey player is only valued based upon points.   Interesting.   Good to know.

16 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Oh, I see, a hockey player is only valued based upon points.   Interesting.   Good to know.

You're dealing with a poster who quotes Canucks Army. Plenty of these types of "fans" barely take in games or understand the nuances of the game that don't show up on a spreadsheet. 

They claim that players like Gudbranson are essentially useless and say as much, although I highly doubtful that online bravado would translate to an actual encounter. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You're dealing with a poster who quotes Canucks Army. Plenty of these types of "fans" barely take in games or understand the nuances of the game that don't show up on a spreadsheet. 

They claim that players like Gudbranson are essentially useless and say as much, although I highly doubtful that online bravado would translate to an actual encounter. 

Very ironic considering some of the crazy personalities we see on here. I highly, highly doubt certain posters (and they know who they are) go around Vancouver insulting people for having different opinions. But that's what internet anonymity does-- it gives one the opportunity to disconnect from the real world be the tough guy. 

And I sure hope you can prove the CanucksArmy claim or it's borderline slander. Very regrettable, even coming from you. 

• Wat 1

14 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Very ironic considering some of the crazy personalities we see on here. I highly, highly doubt certain posters (and they know who they are) go around Vancouver insulting people for having different opinions.

Did you feel insulted by my post, guntrix? 

But that's what internet anonymity does-- it gives one the opportunity to disconnect from the real world be the tough guy. 

Certainly. You're a felt frog and I'm an ostrich's head. Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither of us have made statements that would be construed as tough guy schtick. 

And I sure hope you can prove the CanucksArmy claim or it's borderline slander. Very regrettable, even coming from you. 

If you want to see what they say about Gudbranson, go into their catalogue of blogs. I'd say look it up, but you probably wrote some of the blogs. 

Slander? Regrettable? Are you threatening me with libel action? Sounds like your feeling your internet tough guy oats right now. 

53 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If you want to see what they say about Gudbranson, go into their catalogue of blogs. I'd say look it up, but you probably wrote some of the blogs. 

Pfft, easier than falling out of bed, and as predictable as rain in Vancouver.  Just 10 days ago:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

Very ironic considering some of the crazy personalities we see on here. I highly, highly doubt certain posters (and they know who they are) go around Vancouver insulting people for having different opinions. But that's what internet anonymity does-- it gives one the opportunity to disconnect from the real world be the tough guy. 

if that's slander, then most people on CDC, including you and me, should have a degree in slander as it's used on here every day (including in your post of which I have quoted and even this reply to you! Now isn't that ironic!)....

I realise there's frustration and all when someone doesn't like one's reading material, but if no one's allowed to critique one's ability to write an article, then perhaps we should all just not type on a forum at all except for happy koombaya-like posts of love and peace.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If you want to see what they say about Gudbranson, go into their catalogue of blogs. I'd say look it up, but you probably wrote some of the blogs

Slander? Regrettable? Are you threatening me with libel action? Sounds like your feeling your internet tough guy oats right now. 

I'm basically telling you to cut the crap. You're doing the very thing you like to complain about. That is, writing a bunch of unfounded/unwarranted schlick. 

I mean, you could just say you totally made that statement up. Would save us some time. The idea of a poster having an opposite opinion without reading local blogs sure is unfathomable to some. 

7 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I expect to see a much stronger Jake Virtanen. He will be a scary guy out there. I expect him to net 17-24 goals and possibly work his way into the top 6. 

I think 17-24 is attainable too if he has the right line mates; especially if the work he put in this summer on improving his stick work and shooting pays off.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, guntrix said:

I'm basically telling you to cut the crap. You're doing the very thing you like to complain about. That is, writing a bunch of unfounded/unwarranted schlick. 

Oh guntrix. You're the one that's full of crap, buddy. A bunch of unwarranted/unfounded schlick? What the hell is schlick anyway? I get it, you're too lazy to look up Canucks Army articles. That's fine.

They have berated players in their blogs numerous times and it's there to see if you look. But you'll have to do the work. Your posts usually mirror what's been written there, with the same belittling, condescending tone they use.

I mean, you could just say you totally made that statement up.

And you could just say that you're a writer for Canucks Army or the Canuck Way, or an online disciple of their incessant drivel.

Would save us some time.

Who's us? Are you one of those posters who pluralizes things instead of speaking for themselves?

The idea of a poster having an opposite opinion without reading local blogs sure is unfathomable to some. 

Not at all. It's totally believable. Many here have varying opinions that are unique to their perspective. You just happen to ape exactly what is written in those blogs, which means that either your one of the staff writers or you're a plagiarizing hack.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I am looking forward to seeing Jake's continued improvement.  I think I mentioned this before but we saw all sorts of players posting their holiday pictures this summer but none from Jake (mostly workout stuff).  Aside from some unconfirmed reports of boating and the twitter thing last week it sounds like Jake has been working hard this off-season.  That bodes well for him and the team this season. :)

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Oh guntrix. You're the one that's full of crap, buddy. A bunch of unwarranted/unfounded schlick? What the hell is schlick anyway? I get it, you're too lazy to look up Canucks Army articles. That's fine.

They have berated players in their blogs numerous times and it's there to see if you look. But you'll have to do the work. Your posts usually mirror what's been written there, with the same belittling, condescending tone they use.

And you could just say that you're a writer for Canucks Army or the Canuck Way, or an online disciple of their incessant drivel.

Who's us? Are you one of those posters who pluralizes things instead of speaking for themselves?

Not at all. It's totally believable. Many here have varying opinions that are unique to their perspective. You just happen to ape exactly what is written in those blogs, which means that either your one of the staff writers or you're a plagiarizing hack.

There is the possibility these few posters who like to write about our players from the "Dark Side" perspective, are ... you know ... not really Canuck's fans.  They could be those large furry beasts, who live under bridges and charge tolls.  What are they called again?  

Seriously, why would anyone come to a team's home sight and post crap about the team, owner, management, players, and prospects unless they were trying to get the real fans of that time all riled up?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1