The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Man I hate some fans in this market sometimes.

Who the F cares? He posted a 3 second video where he looked at the camera once. I look away from the road that long looking at my nav screen.

People will rip this guy for anything apparently.

Well, we knew that the “ Usual Suspects “ would come running to his defence. 

Just now, Mad Jon said:

Is it really something to beat him up over though? There are bigger issues to freak out about than a guy spending a few seconds video taping himself while driving.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Is it really something to beat him up over though? There are bigger issues to freak out about than a guy spending a few seconds video taping himself while driving.

I’m not sure some of these arguments would hold up very well in court. The guy made a stupid move....And it’s not the first time. Just admit it. 

1 hour ago, Mad Jon said:

I’m not sure some of these arguments would hold up very well in court. The guy made a stupid move....And it’s not the first time. Just admit it. 

Yeah it was stupid but noone cares. Pay the fine and get back to the shotgun Jake that everyone loves. Or at least they should or they'd be pretty shortsighted fans to not see the growth in his game the last couple years. At 23, he's only getting better and this season was a pleasure to watch.

3 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

Sure it's a stupid move, but do we have to dwell on it? He made a mistake, which we all do. No point in keeping a record of all his dumb moves so as to craft the perfect indictment of him, unless you thing incriminating our players is worth your time. Spend some more time on the positives.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

I guess my question is is there anything that would make you see that this doesn't matter in the end?

If not, then there's clearly no point in trying to convince you as you sound like someone who had their mind made up about Virtanen before this.

4 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

I see that you are a lawyer. So of course you are aware of the legal principle, "De minimis non curat lex"? Translated as "The law does not concern itself with trifles." Or to put it another way, nobody cares.

It must be very exciting, after months with nothing happening in the NHL, for you to have a new opportunity to crap all over a Canuck.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Jake Boy,

we try to like you,

we try support you

we wait for that emotional growth spurt

maturity, I think its called

and we wait, and wait

we heard a rumor that the league will re-start

will you be ready?

looks like aa touch of Pink Eye going on there

you might want to get that fixed before you come back to camp.

Jake Virtanen - Page 3 - Vancouver Canucks Messageboard

I know its not a full body shot, but this vid reminds me of this pic on the left

Are you ready big guy?

1 minute ago, lmm said:

Jake Boy,

we try to like you,

we try support you

we wait for that emotional growth spurt

maturity, I think its called

and we wait, and wait

we heard a rumor that the league will re-start

will you be ready?

looks like aa touch of Pink Eye going on there

you might want to get that fixed before you come back to camp.

Jake Virtanen - Page 3 - Vancouver Canucks Messageboard

I know its not a full body shot, but this vid reminds me of this pic on the left

Are you ready big guy?

Yeah, and Virtanen has turned a corner in the right direction with regards to conditioning.

I couldn't care less if he weighed 350 lbs in his previous life.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Yeah, and Virtanen has turned a corner in the right direction with regards to conditioning.

I couldn't care less if he weighed 350 lbs in his previous life.

so, you think he looks in shape and ready to play in his new clip?

I posted the old pic because I think he looks doughy in the new vid, possibly not AS doughy, but not is shape

you can agree or disagree and time will tell

12 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

I see that you are a lawyer. So of course you are aware of the legal principle, "De minimis non curat lex"? Translated as "The law does not concern itself with trifles." Or to put it another way, nobody cares.

It must be very exciting, after months with nothing happening in the NHL, for you to have a new opportunity to crap all over a Canuck.

Where did I crap on him?........And by the way I CARE.....And I would CARE a lot more if he had hit some kid out bike riding. You are missing the whole point. 

54 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

Where did I crap on him?........And by the way I CARE.....And I would CARE a lot more if he had hit some kid out bike riding. You are missing the whole point. 

Looking at the video, he only takes his eyes off the road for a few seconds and he doesn't appear going too fast, with a single car ahead of him at a fair bit of distance. I don't think there was any chance that he was going to get into an accident. To me this doesn't make him seem reckless or stupid but I think it speaks to his maturity because I cannot see someone like Petey or Bo ever posting such a video. Its just not a smart idea to film yourself breaking the law, posting it on social media is even dumber and the reason why people do things like this is to chase clout on social media. I recently suggested that we sign him to a long term contract but honestly I think he still needs to do some growing to receive that kind of commitment. File this under "What the hell were you thinking?"

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Toews said:

Looking at the video, he only takes his eyes off the road for a few seconds and he doesn't appear going too fast, with a single car ahead of him at a fair bit of distance. I don't think there was any chance that he was going to get into an accident. To me this doesn't make him seem reckless or stupid but I think it speaks to his maturity because I cannot see someone like Petey or Bo ever posting such a video. Its just not a smart idea to film yourself breaking the law, posting it on social media is even dumber and the reason why people do things like this is to chase clout on social media. I recently suggested that we sign him to a long term contract but honestly I think he still needs to do some growing to receive that kind of commitment. File this under "What the hell were you thinking?"

Watch out!!! You’re going to get accused of crapping on him.