The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

it was a hypothetical comment. I guess i should have stated that. But if this is a major injury I will be concerned about jake and his future. I still am worried right now as he will be a big part of our future and right now we dont know anything as to why he isnt playing (other than he took a knee on knee and was seen having shoulder problems). My concern is warranted in my eyes.

The inclusion of the hypothetical makes all the difference IMO. With it I agree 100%. Without it it seems overly negative and dramatic. But certainly I agree that Jake is a huge part of our future and certainly hope that it is a minor issue at most.

it was a hypothetical comment. I guess i should have stated that. But if this is a major injury I will be concerned about jake and his future. I still am worried right now as he will be a big part of our future and right now we dont know anything as to why he isnt playing (other than he took a knee on knee and was seen having shoulder problems). My concern is warranted in my eyes.

I don't think that the injury was due to the knee on knee because he is listed as day to day with an upper body injury. I have also heard that it wasn't the shoulder that was surgically repaired so I don't think that he has a major injury. Just my way of reasoning, but as said there is no real way of knowing.

so nice of you to chime in. If you have something to say, why dont you come out and say it. Rather than beating around the bush with your backhand comments?

Lol alright then, you come across as an all knowing cynical douche who rips on people and has no problem calling them turds based on there opinions. So i made an ironic joke about how you miss spelled best into pest, which seems pretty fitting for you.

There's been no news of a major injury but your "logic" tells you that's what is must have been, why not just wait for an actual report? instead of throwing up a hail Mary so you can try and rub it into some online message board users face if/when you may happen to be right.

Its not even that I dislike, or don't agree with some of your opinions but the way you try and get em across, comes across a bit snarky.

Edited by WonderTwinPowers
  • Upvote 1

Virtanen is back in the lineup against Regina today. 1-1 tie in the first period.

EDIT: Looks like he is on the 3rd line for this game. He was part of the starting lineup on a line with Karnaukhov and Stallard.

EDIT: I would have done well to read, I don't know, the first few posts of this page. Sorry for the redundant post.

Edited by Canucks1219

Virtanen is back in the lineup against Regina today. 1-1 tie in the first period.

EDIT: Looks like he is on the 3rd line for this game. He was part of the starting lineup on a line with Karnaukhov and Stallard.

EDIT: I would have done well to read, I don't know, the first few posts of this page. Sorry for the redundant post.

that;s like 4 straight games of playing on the teams 3rd line? If so they should just trade him then. totally useless to play on a 3rd line.

• Upvote 2

that;s like 4 straight games of playing on the teams 3rd line? If so they should just trade him then. totally useless to play on a 3rd line.

1) He's coming back from an injury, albeit a short one.

2) He was playing on the 2nd line (w/ Fazleev + Peterson) since returning from the World Juniors. He still gets Unit 1 PP time.

3) The WHL trade deadline is passed. I wish he was moved too, but the Hitmen are in playoff contention and so it wouldn't make sense for them to trade one of their best players.

GAME UPDATE:

- Virtanen just took a high-sticking penalty. (Update: No harm done.)

Edited by Canucks1219

1) He's coming back from an injury, albeit a short one.

2) He was playing on the 2nd line (w/ Fazleev + Peterson) since returning from the World Juniors. He still gets Unit 1 PP time.

3) The WHL trade deadline is passed. I wish he was moved too, but the Hitmen are in playoff contention and so it wouldn't make sense for them to trade one of their best players.

GAME UPDATE:

- Virtanen just took a high-sticking penalty. (Update: No harm done.)

The Silly Hitmen are getting outshot 22 to 8. Yes yes, put your top goal scorer on the 3rd line.

The Silly Hitmen are getting outshot 22 to 8. Yes yes, put your top goal scorer on the 3rd line.

What were the shots at puckdrop?

EDIT: Wait, I think we might be arguing different things.

If you're saying he should be moved up, I agree (though the Hitmen lead 4-1). My point is that it's not ludicrous/outrageous to start him on the 3rd line.

GAME UPDATE:

Play-by-play just said that someone went to hit Virtanen... but got the worst of it. There's JV doing his thing.

Edited by Canucks1219

Nice to see hes back. Glad I was wrong in suspecting this was something major. Sorry to all who in recent discussions

Glad to see the rumours of his demise were false.

Y'all acting like this guy has never opted to play through an injury and have surgery in the off-season.

It's a good sign that Jake is back, but it's not like this is foolproof evidence that he's 100%. It's possible and more likely than the alternative, but you can't rule out that alternative where he is playing injured again.

If he struggles a little from here on out, people are going to start pointing to this one missed game and start talking about how he may be playing injured again. Let's hope he's actually healthy like most people are assuming.

(I also think that he's healthy enough and that it isn't too serious, but just playing Devil's advocate here)

Edited by Dasein

lul. Was that post by travella for real?

Considering how Virtanen led U18 Canada in scoring, with great skating and a wicked shot to spare, I'll take him 'playing hurt' any day. He looks fine now though.

Edited by BanTSN