The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

took a knee on knee the other day, never heard of any player who takes a knee on knee to come back quickly. he might be done for the season. What a waste of season. I hope i'm wrong, he's 18 years old already gone through a major shoulder surgery now a knee injury.

It was certainly concerning that the Hitmen said NOTHING about it.

He played after the knee, but didn't he also take a hit to the other shoulder (not the surgically repaired one) that the Hitmen staff were looking at when he was on the bench?

took a knee on knee the other day, never heard of any player who takes a knee on knee to come back quickly. he might be done for the season. What a waste of season. I hope i'm wrong, he's 18 years old already gone through a major shoulder surgery now a knee injury.

Actually, he continued playing after that and was fine.

It's his shoulder that may be the problem.

It was certainly concerning that the Hitmen said NOTHING about it.

they did the right thing.

this is just out of following the game for so long, knee on knee is a nasty injury, depending on how bad it is, I've never seen anyone come back quickly from a knee on knee. at least 1 month. :sadno:

Actually, he continued playing after that and was fine.

It's his shoulder that may be the problem.

Ok better then, I rather a wonky shoulder then his knees.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord

WD has said in the past he doesn't like to have teenagers on the team however Bo was able to change his mind because of his excellent defensive game. If Virtanen can find a way to round out his defensive game so that he can be adequate in his own zone and still maintain that speedy, aggressive, offensive game, I think he would give WD a hard dilemma.

If anything Virtanen is everything right now that this team needs. Speed, sandpaper, and most importantly offense. will be fun to watch him progress through the rest of this season and heading into training camp.

Jake will bring offense eventually, but I don't think he'll score much at all if he makes the team next year (which in itself is also highly doubtful). Jake couldn't muster much in the WJC against 19 yr olds - what makes you think he can bring offense against men in the best hockey league in the world?

He promises to bring everything that this team needs right now, but in the immediate future. It'll take time IMO.

I hate this. Why do our prospects always get injured!

It's The Curse of Johnny Canuck. And it goes back to Black Tuesday, 1970. When the Canucks abandoned JC when they joined the NHL, the franchise has been cursed ever since.

Hope and pray that JV doesn't become damaged goods. Dog freaking gonnit! :(

Edited by Tiger-Hearted
  • Upvote 1

Ya your probably right, those extra two months will make all the difference.

So no 18/19 year olds can make the NHL? That's the argument? Based on all of the games you've seen him play live with all your hockey evaluating skills? Interesting, Canucks should hire you. I don't care if you have an opinion but don't base it like it's fact.

So no 18/19 year olds can make the NHL? That's the argument? Based on all of the games you've seen him play live with all your hockey evaluating skills? Interesting, Canucks should hire you. I don't care if you have an opinion but don't base it like it's fact.

lol what the eff are you on about.

dont base it, bro

According to some fans on Twitter, Virtanen isn't playing in the game tonight.

Well, that's not good...

I live in Abby and know some of Jakes friends and so does my buddy and apparently he is in Abbotsford his hometown, iunno if that was a quick stop but I doubt he would come randomly unless they play the Giants, take it for what its worth, just what I heard. I hope its not true though.

Edited by VANcanucks92

It's The Curse of Johnny Canuck. And it goes back to Black Tuesday, 1970. When the Canucks abandoned JC when they joined the NHL, the franchise has been cursed ever since.

Hope and pray that JV doesn't become damaged goods. Dog freaking gonnit! :(

we will get #1 overall in 2016. so sad

The fact that I can't even find why Jake Virtanen got injured on the Calgary Hitmen's WHL website bothers me a little. I went to news section and it clicked on their recent game. It only said on the bottom of the page that Virtanen and a couple of people 'weren't' dressed.

I don't know what they mean by that but It could be either a healthy scratch or an undisclosed injury. Or maybe it's just a maintenance day to help heal some pain that he had on his shoulder and that knee on knee collision he received in the first period of the wheat kings game. Let's hope this doesn't affect his game by hitting less to avoid getting injured.

Edited by TheOddCanuckling
  • Upvote 1