The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

If we luck out and get Hischier he most certainly will crack our roster next year. I mean what #1 overall pick couldn't crack a roster with Chaput, Megna, Skille, Boucher, Shore, Molino and Cramarossa in your lineup?  

Hischier would instantly be slotted with Granlund and Sutter at the very worst on the third line. Same with Patrick. 

However, if we were to draft Hischier and for some odd reason he doesn't crack the lineup, as J.R. pointed out Virtanen, Hischier and Goldobin would make one heck of a first line in Utica and a potential second or first line in Vancouver one day. 

Baertschi   Horvat      Boeser

Virtanen     Hischier   Goldobin 

That top 6 could be exciting if everyone lives up to their potential. 

Edited by Harvey Spector

45 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

dont think we care about the next few years - goal is 2-3 year out to start being a contender

also its Nolan Patrick not Patrick Nolan

Also point was Nuge is also not  quality 2nd line center -he's small and soft

Next year

Bo

Henrik

Sutter

Then you sign a stop gap 3c if needed for one year while you wait on who we drafted

Bo 

Sutter

3c/Guance/Chaput/Casells

sorry, my grammar check keeps changing that on me. as far as 2-3 years i hear what you are saying, but think if we could add one of Nolan or Nico  and 

Timothy Liljegren plus trade off Tanev and Edler for top 6 help who knows how further along we would be. I only mentioned Sutter because he is the odd man out if we land one of the 2 centres. Plus we need another top 6 centre after next year. One of those 2 might not be ready So he would probably play on the 3rd line. Again like I have stated in 4 other posts all this depends on what JB does this draft and offseason. For the record I like Sutter and if Dahlen pans out as soon as next year that is one more top 9 spot needed.

They have tried Gaunce at centre.  it did not work. Chaput really That is who you would want to anchor our third line? And where would Erickson play if jJake and Brock and Goldy make it next year? the 4th line? Cassells and his 10 Ahl points over Erickson? look at ou top 9 next year twins gold brock Bo Sven Granny erickson Jake. Maybe Dahlen maybe Nolan or Nico. where does Sutter fit? JB has said He will make room for the young guys if Dahlen and our 2017 pick earn it and if they happen to be one of the top 2 does that not lr=eave sutter out.?

Just now, Harvey Spector said:

If we luck out and get Hischier he most certainly will crack our roster next year. I mean what #1 overall pick couldn't crack a roster with Chaput, Megna, Skille, Boucher, Shore, Molina and Cramarossa in your lineup?  

Hischier would instantly be slotted with Granlund and Sutter at the very worst on the third line. Same with Patrick. 

However, if we were to draft Hischier and for some odd reason he doesn't crack the lineup, as J.R. pointed out Virtanen, Hischier and Goldobin would make one heck of a first line in Utica and a potential second or first line in Vancouver one day. 

Baertschi   Horvat      Boeser

Virtanen     Hischier   Goldobin 

That top 6 could be exciting if everyone lives up to their potential. 

I don't think Goldobin's playing in the AHL next year. He's way too good. A year in the NHL would be better for him. The last 2 utica games made it very evident that Goldobin is a notch or two above most players.

I feel like Goldobin and Patrick alongside together would make a deadly combo. Like a Benn/Seguin type (not saying they'll be as good as them). Patrick would be a tremendous fit with us and certainly fits these teams needs as well.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, bp79 said:

sorry, my grammar check keeps changing that on me. as far as 2-3 years i hear what you are saying, but think if we could add one of Nolan or Nico  and 

Timothy Liljegren plus trade off Tanev and Edler for top 6 help who knows how further along we would be. I only mentioned Sutter because he is the odd man out if we land one of the 2 centres. Plus we need another top 6 centre after next year. One of those 2 might not be ready So he would probably play on the 3rd line. Again like I have stated in 4 other posts all this depends on what JB does this draft and offseason. For the record I like Sutter and if Dahlen pans out as soon as next year that is one more top 9 spot needed.

They have tried Gaunce at centre.  it did not work. Chaput really That is who you would want to anchor our third line? And where would Erickson play if jJake and Brock and Goldy make it next year? the 4th line? Cassells and his 10 Ahl points over Erickson? look at ou top 9 next year twins gold brock Bo Sven Granny erickson Jake. Maybe Dahlen maybe Nolan or Nico. where does Sutter fit? JB has said He will make room for the young guys if Dahlen and our 2017 pick earn it and if they happen to be one of the top 2 does that not lr=eave sutter out.?

1. Sutter is not the odd man out if we land a center as you are assuming some rookie will be 'better' and more ready that sutter- shiny new car sydrome buddy - sorry but reality is whomever we draft is not better than sutter in September - maybe in 3 years.

2. Yes we need anothr top 6 center - IN THE FUTURE - again next year we have Hank/Bo/Sutter as our top three no issues there. 

3. Chaput was 54% in the circle, is 23 years old 210 lbs and skates very well. He certainly could be a 3rd line center long term for this team (again you are not looking at MY POINT that this would be 2-3 years out).

4.Virtanen is not making the team and shoving Sutter out of the lineup LOL - dude really?

5. Granny is clearly better on the wing and is likely staying there

6. Dahlen won't be ready he's too small physically - he's a year or two in the AHL to gain size and get accustomed to north american hockey

7. Erikson, Jake, Goldy, Boeser are all wingers

Your comments have alot of errors and false assumptions in them sorry

43 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

1. Sutter is not the odd man out if we land a center as you are assuming some rookie will be 'better' and more ready that sutter- shiny new car sydrome buddy - sorry but reality is whomever we draft is not better than sutter in September - maybe in 3 years.

2. Yes we need anothr top 6 center - IN THE FUTURE - again next year we have Hank/Bo/Sutter as our top three no issues there. 

3. Chaput was 54% in the circle, is 23 years old 210 lbs and skates very well. He certainly could be a 3rd line center long term for this team (again you are not looking at MY POINT that this would be 2-3 years out).

4.Virtanen is not making the team and shoving Sutter out of the lineup LOL - dude really?

5. Granny is clearly better on the wing and is likely staying there

6. Dahlen won't be ready he's too small physically - he's a year or two in the AHL to gain size and get accustomed to north american hockey

7. Erikson, Jake, Goldy, Boeser are all wingers

Your comments have alot of errors and false assumptions in them sorry

When did I say that that jake would push out Sutter for A job. If you would actually read what I said all this is based on us landing one of the top 2 centres in the draft Who will both be in the Nhl next year. Especially here where we need to sell tickets.

Not once did I say Granny was A better at centre. you have no idea tf if Dahlen will be ready. Just like you have no idea if Jake will be on the team as do I  You have clearly decided that you are right I am wrong. so be it If we land Nolan or Nico who are both who are centres Where are they gonna play?

I am the one that said from the start my theory was based on us picking top 2 and the fact JB said he is going to improve our top 6 this year. 

You are a typical tanker who wants to ice a $&!# lineup quoting things I never said. 

JB has clearly said, he is going to improve the top 6.

He also said any young guy will have room made for him.

I have no shiny new car syndrome. I'm the one who sticks up for Sutter and Edler go read some of my prior posts.

I am simply saying if JB lands a top 6 centre and we happen to draft one that would leave Sutter the odd man out as much as I like him. Even tho most people think he is terrible I don't. 

Please, don;t assume things about me not once have I resorted to pettiness you could at least show the same respect.

3 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

Quite happy with Jake's development down in utica. He has all the tools already, his development is all between the ears and he's come a long way this season.

i agree with you that jake has come a long way this season alone. 

let's hope he continues to develop and grow in his offensive side of the game next season. 

if jake makes the canucks next season (doubtful), he won't be playing in an offensive role. 

6 hours ago, bp79 said:

I agree on Jake . This kass love is silly. ! good game. He was literally booed at home on numerous occasions. Look at his stats for this year pathetic. I highly doubt Jake turns out to be like Kass Jake will be a much better player. He is already capable of what Kass does. And this is from a guy who prayed for Kass to turn it around. One game means nothing.

It was 2 games, 2 play-off games........that Kass won for the oilers, but Jake is already better?

Is there a video of Mc David saying Jake is amazing and was the best player on the ice that I missed? I can find the Kass one....

And I'll takes Kass' 7 regular season and 2 playoff NHL goals over Virtannen's 9 AHL goals too, thank you

To another poster above, e one that made every weak excuse in the book, and made every, unfounded by real evidence, forecast for Jake's career going forward: Stop arguing against facts, you have none to back up your claims , it's obvious and embarrassing to read.

The best opportunity we have to solidify our future core (Besides the draft) is the fact that Reinhart is available

Virtannen + Joulevi for Reinhart if we have to, Virtannen + Tanev +2nd 2018 if we can get away with it,

Then add this years pick to our decent crop of young defensemen and we are solidified at center ice, the teams biggest problem is solved: Horvat, Reinhart and 2017 1st up the middle will solidify is team for the next decade, one more year of sucking, we target the best Defensemen we can get in the 2018 draft and this team has everything  needs to start the next era

When it comes to solidifying your center ice position no price is too high, Joulevi will be an average to good NHL'er not a top pair guy, we have plenty of guys like that and Virtannen needs to go, because if he struggles out of the gate this next season and there are no indications that say he won't, his worth will crash in the trade market

Now is the time to make ballsy moves and set this team up for it's next era

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bp79 said:

When did I say that that jake would push out Sutter for A job. If you would actually read what I said all this is based on us landing one of the top 2 centres in the draft Who will both be in the Nhl next year. Especially here where we need to sell tickets.

Not once did I say Granny was A better at centre. you have no idea tf if Dahlen will be ready. Just like you have no idea if Jake will be on the team as do I  You have clearly decided that you are right I am wrong. so be it If we land Nolan or Nico who are both who are centres Where are they gonna play?

I am the one that said from the start my theory was based on us picking top 2 and the fact JB said he is going to improve our top 6 this year. 

You are a typical tanker who wants to ice a $&!# lineup quoting things I never said. 

JB has clearly said, he is going to improve the top 6.

He also said any young guy will have room made for him.

I have no shiny new car syndrome. I'm the one who sticks up for Sutter and Edler go read some of my prior posts.

I am simply saying if JB lands a top 6 centre and we happen to draft one that would leave Sutter the odd man out as much as I like him. Even tho most people think he is terrible I don't. 

Please, don;t assume things about me not once have I resorted to pettiness you could at least show the same respect.

1. You said make room for the young guys and where would that leave sutter - you went on to name WINGERS - perhaps write more clearly if you dont want to be misunderstood

2. Virtanen by all logic will not make the team right out of camp next year, no I don't know for sure but I also use my BRAIN and look at progression. He still has ALOT to learn despite his progression and that's fact - they aren't going to rush him back after only 30+ games in the AHL - they are going to be 100% positive he's ready not 'test him out again' given how poorly that went last time - LOGIC

3. Very easy for Hirschier or Patrick to stay in junior and given neither of those guys AGAIN is better than sutter at this stage they are not going rush players onto the team. Look at most of the players from last year's draft. Moreover, given Hirchier needs to add size, and Patrick likely needs to properly rehab so he doesn't get injured again, neither is likely to make an NHL team next year despite talent - again COMMON sense - either better than Pulijarvi? Neither is bigger either - where is he? AHL

4. Typical tanker? Actually no, I just get how the Canucks think about development -and its not by rushing players and busting them when they are not ready for the role they will take on and not suited for the role they would have right now. Ie Neither Hirchier or Patrick is going to be playing 3/4c for us so you don't put them in that position in their rookie year when they aren't even ready for it. How did that work out for McCann? You realize MOST players drafted go back to their junior team in their draft +1 year right? Bo went back, Getzlaf, Perry  on and on . This site seems to think its some indictiment of a player if he goes back, no its making sure they are physically and mentally ready to take on MEN. Hirschier is 175 lbs guy.

5. On Dahlen - he's even lighter than Hirchier - good luck bringing a winger in with that weight when our top 9 wingers are already spoken for and he needs to adjust to the NHL game - common sense - where's he going to fit in? Baer/Boeser/Granny/Erickson/Goldobin/Sedin

Finally, If you think either of those players (hirchier/patrick) can contribute MORE than Brandon Sutter can in a 3c or 2c role at this stage of their respective careers you certainly dont know much about hockey sorry

Edited by Boeser6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boeser6 said:

1. You said make room for the young guys and where would that leave sutter - you went on to name WINGERS - perhaps write more clearly if you dont want to be misunderstood

2. Virtanen by all logic will not make the team right out of camp next year, no I don't know for sure but I also use my BRAIN and look at progression. He still has ALOT to learn despite his progression and that's fact - they aren't going to rush him back after only 30+ games in the AHL - they are going to be 100% positive he's ready not 'test him out again' given how poorly that went last time - LOGIC

3. Very easy for Hirschier or Patrick to stay in junior and given neither of those guys AGAIN is better than sutter at this stage they are not going rush players onto the team. Look at most of the players from last year's draft. Moreover, given Hirchier needs to add size, and Patrick likely needs to properly rehab so he doesn't get injured again, neither is likely to make an NHL team next year despite talent - again COMMON sense - either better than Pulijarvi? Neither is bigger either - where is he? AHL

4. Typical tanker? Actually no, I just get how the Canucks think about development -and its not by rushing players and busting them when they are not ready for the role they will take on and not suited for the role they would have right now. Ie Neither Hirchier or Patrick is going to be playing 3/4c for us so you don't put them in that position in their rookie year when they aren't even ready for it. How did that work out for McCann? You realize MOST players drafted go back to their junior team in their draft +1 year right? Bo went back, Getzlaf, Perry  on and on . This site seems to think its some indictiment of a player if he goes back, no its making sure they are physically and mentally ready to take on MEN. Hirschier is 175 lbs guy.

5. On Dahlen - he's even lighter than Hirchier - good luck bringing a winger in with that weight when our top 9 wingers are already spoken for and he needs to adjust to the NHL game - common sense - where's he going to fit in? Baer/Boeser/Granny/Erickson/Goldobin/Sedin

Finally, If you think either of those players (hirchier/patrick) can contribute MORE than Brandon Sutter can in a 3c or 2c role at this stage of their respective careers you certainly dont know much about hockey sorry

Logic- To say Jake will not be on the team next year has just as much logic as me saying he might.

Logic Most scouts say both of the top 2 are ready now for the NHL They can;t go to the Ahl only back to junior.

Logic The Canucks owners want excitement =. meaning it's the young kid's job to lose.

Logic studies have shown it takes very little time to adjust t o the smaller ice surface. I am not saying he will make ,but puttng on 15 pounds over the wsummer is not that hard.

I never said they are better than Sutter.I said Management wants youth to sell to the fans And if we acquire one of the 2 plus trade for a top 6 winger Sutter would be the odd man out? Of our current top 9, who would you trade instead? \Logic you don't have to be a douche bag when having a discussion. 

I like a lot of posters feel that he is rthe odd man out. In fact most can't stand him. Go to his page and read all the $&!# said about him. Also rerad how much $&!# I took for sticking up for him. As for not knowing much aboUT Hockey what are you 20? google the Flin flon bombers My dad's too best friends played for them. If you know hockey you won't even have to ggogle them 

And for the last time I said this was all based on if jb trades a for a top 6 and if we get Nolan or Nico btw both are bigger than Sutter, and both are expected to make the jump this year. Can you tell me the last time a first or second pick didn't make the team right away? ps bo was the 9th pick and perry was a late 1st both moot points g=Gretz did not go back to junior he came from the wha when the oilers joined

All I will say is have a nice day and cheers 

ps how did it work ott for Bo playing 4th the 3rd line minutes? Jarod was a bad example he isnt going to be an nhler

Edited by bp79

1 hour ago, bp79 said:

Logic- To say Jake will not be on the team next year has just as much logic as me saying he might.

Logic Most scouts say both of the top 2 are ready now for the NHL They can;t go to the Ahl only back to junior.

Logic The Canucks owners want excitement =. meaning it's the young kid's job to lose.

Logic studies have shown it takes very little time to adjust t o the smaller ice surface. I am not saying he will make ,but puttng on 15 pounds over the wsummer is not that hard.

I never said they are better than Sutter.I said Management wants youth to sell to the fans And if we acquire one of the 2 plus trade for a top 6 winger Sutter would be the odd man out? Of our current top 9, who would you trade instead? \Logic you don't have to be a douche bag when having a discussion. 

I like a lot of posters feel that he is rthe odd man out. In fact most can't stand him. Go to his page and read all the $&!# said about him. Also rerad how much $&!# I took for sticking up for him. As for not knowing much aboUT Hockey what are you 20? google the Flin flon bombers My dad's too best friends played for them. If you know hockey you won't even have to ggogle them 

And for the last time I said this was all based on if jb trades a for a top 6 and if we get Nolan or Nico btw both are bigger than Sutter, and both are expected to make the jump this year. Can you tell me the last time a first or second pick didn't make the team right away? ps bo was the 9th pick and perry was a late 1st both moot points g=Gretz did not go back to junior he came from the wha when the oilers joined

All I will say is have a nice day and cheers 

ps how did it work ott for Bo playing 4th the 3rd line minutes? Jarod was a bad example he isnt going to be an nhler

Highlighted areas

1. Who your daddy played for doesn't mean you have hockey knowledge bud, my dad was an architect, it doesn't make me an expert on architecture  - your comments dictate your knowledge nothing else

2. Never said anything about Gretzky and  are you really comparing Patrick and Hirchier to Gretz? LOL by implication that IS your argument - oh my

3. No, Hirschier is not Bigger than sutter LOL look it up not going to waste my time giving it to you since you keep posting nonsense and incorrect information. And there's also something called 'man strength' which clearly you ignore even on Patrick who again has been oft injured by JUNIOR Players  - thus leading to a view that he may be better served to take a year to gain more man strength much like Juolevi  - and clearly Hirchier needs that year - just because you have the talent to play doesn't mean its smart to play a guy in the NHL right away

4. Pulijarvi was my point - bigger, better, faster than both of those players top 3 last year would be first over all this year no brainer and he is in the AHL - now that's a comp son not gretzky

Sorry you lose-seems I  to have to repeat myself since you cant comprehend the idea that you lost the debate -sigh

toodles

Edited by Boeser6

12 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

It was 2 games, 2 play-off games........that Kass won for the oilers, but Jake is already better?

Is there a video of Mc David saying Jake is amazing and was the best player on the ice that I missed? I can find the Kass one....

And I'll takes Kass' 7 regular season and 2 playoff NHL goals over Virtannen's 9 AHL goals too, thank you

To another poster above, e one that made every weak excuse in the book, and made every, unfounded by real evidence, forecast for Jake's career going forward: Stop arguing against facts, you have none to back up your claims , it's obvious and embarrassing to read.

The best opportunity we have to solidify our future core (Besides the draft) is the fact that Reinhart is available

Virtannen + Joulevi for Reinhart if we have to, Virtannen + Tanev +2nd 2018 if we can get away with it,

Then add this years pick to our decent crop of young defensemen and we are solidified at center ice, the teams biggest problem is solved: Horvat, Reinhart and 2017 1st up the middle will solidify is team for the next decade, one more year of sucking, we target the best Defensemen we can get in the 2018 draft and this team has everything  needs to start the next era

When it comes to solidifying your center ice position no price is too high, Joulevi will be an average to good NHL'er not a top pair guy, we have plenty of guys like that and Virtannen needs to go, because if he struggles out of the gate this next season and there are no indications that say he won't, his worth will crash in the trade market

Now is the time to make ballsy moves and set this team up for it's next era

But...

We Won't Pay to Watch Sutter Coach This Team

You'd gut the future of this team for a 2nd line center.  EEwww...just go eat a snickers.  

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Odd. said:

I don't think Goldobin's playing in the AHL next year. He's way too good. A year in the NHL would be better for him. The last 2 utica games made it very evident that Goldobin is a notch or two above most players.

I feel like Goldobin and Patrick alongside together would make a deadly combo. Like a Benn/Seguin type (not saying they'll be as good as them). Patrick would be a tremendous fit with us and certainly fits these teams needs as well.

I think it would be Boeser before goldobin, personally

37 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

If Patrick is healthy he's going first. 

Don't be so sure.  Nylander was able to go to the AHL in his draft+1, while Jake stayed in Jr.  He then played again the next year, in a much bigger role, while Jake had to stay parked in Van.  It's a huge advantage.