The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 hours ago, SwissCanucks said:

I watched him last night at the Spengler Cup against HC Davos.

He is a huge guy (nothing new here), he is tough along the boards. He hasn't seen any ice-time on the Power Play (even one minute on 5vs3 for his team, be he wasn't on the ice): He is assigned to a very defensive work, he was one of the most used man on Penalty kill, and he has done a fine job there, cleating the zone properly and battling hard in the corners.

But as far as now, really a Defensive D-man (didnt' register a single shot on goal I think, his team won 5-1). For sure he has to developp this part of his game.

(P.S Sorry for the mistakes, english is not my native language)

Thanks for the summary.  I didn't see that game.

Your summary was easy to read and understand even though not written in your native language.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, SwissCanucks said:

He is a huge guy (nothing new here), he is tough along the boards. He hasn't seen any ice-time on the Power Play (even one minute on 5vs3 for his team, be he wasn't on the ice): He is assigned to a very defensive work, he was one of the most used man on Penalty kill, and he has done a fine job there, cleating the zone properly and battling hard in the corners.

But as far as now, really a Defensive D-man (didnt' register a single shot on goal I think, his team won 5-1). For sure he has to developp this part of his game.

I wonder how strong his slap shot can be once he works on it? The Canucks are lacking defencemen who can really blast the puck from the point. Edler and Weber (he barely counts) are the only ones I see at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Canucks Prophet said:

I wonder how strong his slap shot can be once he works on it? The Canucks are lacking defencemen who can really blast the puck from the point. Edler and Weber (he barely counts) are the only ones I see at the moment. 

I don't know how much it's improved since he came to prospects camp after he was drafted, but at that camp he had a REALLY hard shot but it took him a long time to get it off. 

On November 17, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Fred65 said:

the quote line above is a glitch.

im enjoying how guys simply avoid him or the way they bounce off him :) 

22 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

I would say that Tryamkin was pretty good in the 1st period today - joined the rush leading to 2nd goal, stayed in front of the net on PP for 3rd goal, was solid in defence.

On 12/28/2015 at 0:49 AM, SwissCanucks said:

Your English is easier to understand than many people on CDC who's native tongue is English. 

On Tryamkin, I've always felt he'll be a stay at home, shut down D at the NHL level. If he makes the NHL it won't be for his offensive skills. Give me couple of goals and 10 Assists per year, but play big , physical , sound defensive game and I'll be happy.

• Upvote 1

With Biega making the jump and Pedan playing well in his stint so far. I wonder what the D will look like if Tyramkan comes over and is ready for the NHL (I'm skeptical he can make a jump that large right away but with his size and skating he might have an easy time making the jump). 

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Biega 

Pedan - Tyramkin 

Just remembered Sbisa, guess this is more of a 2 years down  the road kind of thing. 

A lot of inexperience but I love the size and culture change it would bring to our lineup. Having Pedan and Tyramkin instead of Weber and Bartakowski would change the whole attitude and makeup of the team. 

Next year could be

Edler -  Tanev 

Hutton -  Biega (a few years away from being real good but I think these two will make a great pairing once Hutton starts to come into his own) 

Pedan - Sbisa (both lefties. This may not work, Sbisa is sketchy enough on his good side. Serving up free pizzas for the other team) 

Tyramkin is also a lefty, looks like someone is going to be playing of their off side or trades will be made. I'm just happy we have guys in the system that can be effective 5-6 d men instead of relying of ugly FA signings like Weber, Bartakowski, Rome..... The list goes on. (actually Rome was ok as a 6 dman but ya know what I mean)