The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Guddy.   

Guddy is so tough he continually breaks himself and can't stay on the ice more than  two or three games in a row.  Breaking all the time is not tough - like Tanev, Guddy is Mr. Glass 2.  Trayamkin was genuinely tough - he hit people hard and did not break himself - and it was some of the toughest guys in the NHL that he out-muscled.  Guddy, like Tanev, needs to be traded; the problem is, who the heck wants guys that are always broken?  If we ever get a stretch of 20 or 30 games where Guddy and Tanev play well and don't break - take advantage - trade them - we might not get another opportunity.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Guddy is so tough he continually breaks himself and can't stay on the ice more than  two or three games in a row.  Breaking all the time is not tough - like Tanev, Guddy is Mr. Glass 2.  Trayamkin was genuinely tough - he hit people hard and did not break himself - and it was some of the toughest guys in the NHL that he out-muscled.  Guddy, like Tanev, needs to be traded; the problem is, who the heck wants guys that are always broken?  If we ever get a stretch of 20 or 30 games where Guddy and Tanev play well and don't break - take advantage - trade them - we might not get another opportunity.

Yes, a KHL Dman who refused to go to AHL and bolted to KHL is a much better option than two established NHL Dmen.   No question about it.

• Upvote 1

If Tryamkin comes back, it allows us to to draft a skilled smaller D man like Hughes or Boqvist as we will have enough size overall in the back end. If Tryamkin doesn't come back, Gudranson is alone and we can use a guy like Dobson or Bouchard. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

It's easier to be tough, when the Big Man is behind you too.  Having Guddy and Tryamkin would make all our players just a little bit tougher.  

That's not what I saw there. Guddy was not on the ice and Try was looking for help - he got it.

15 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

That's not what I saw there. Guddy was not on the ice and Try was looking for help - he got it.

In that instance our Guys were acting a lot tougher than they truly were, because they had the big boy on the ice.  In general guys play bigger when they have a big bopper with them.  Having Tryamkin and Guddy taking turns out there makes all our guys just a little bit tougher.  We would have two of the best boppers in the league, and both can actually play top four.  That's totally awesome!

Bring home the Big boy JB.  Now that WD is gonzo, he will come back@!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

In that instance our Guys were acting a lot tougher than they truly were, because they had the big boy on the ice.  In general guys play bigger when they have a big bopper with them.  Having Tryamkin and Guddy taking turns out there makes all our guys just a little bit tougher.  We would have two of the best boppers in the league, and both can actually play top four.  That's totally awesome!

Bring home the Big boy JB.  Now that WD is gonzo, he will come back@!!!!!!

No they were not. That is your opinion and see no foundation for it.

17 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I got to agree with Alflives on this one. At some points two seasons ago we had three of Guds, Edler, Try, Sbisa in the lineup. Maybe even all four as I can't recall.  It was awesome. The whole team played tougher. I  clearly remember smiling as we got the better of the Getzlafs, Benns, Browns for a change. Not saying it's the recipe for success but for a time it was a pleasure to have pushback on the team.

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-06-18 at 9:54 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Yes, a KHL Dman who refused to go to AHL and bolted to KHL is a much better option than two established NHL Dmen.   No question about it.

All that Gudbranson and Tanev have established is that they can’t stay healthy.  At least Tanev can play when he is not hurt, Gudbranson has not even established that he can do that - a career -70.  At Tryamkin’s age , he has to play to get better, went back to Russia and played big minutes in all situations.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

All that Gudbranson and Tanev have established is that they can’t stay healthy.  At least Tanev can play when he is not hurt, Gudbranson has not even established that he can do that - a career -70.  At Tryamkin’s age , he has to play to get better, went back to Russia and played big minutes in all situations.

Your opinion.  I don't share it at all.

Cheers.   :)

• Wat 1

16 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Summer at CDC and this may be the most exciting development yet, a battle of the Alfs.  One corner @Alfliveswho thinks Gudbranson and Tryamkin were top 4 D men, in the other corner @alfstonkerwho correctly points out that he's wrong.

This is exciting, can't wait to see how this plays out.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Summer at CDC and this may be the most exciting development yet, a battle of the Alfs.  One corner @Alfliveswho thinks Gudbranson and Tryamkin were top 4 D men, in the other corner @alfstonkerwho correctly points out that he's wrong.

Indeed ! Now we just have to get @Alf involved........or are @Alf and @Alflives the same person ?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

32 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Indeed ! Now we just have to get @Alf involved........or are @Alf and @Alflives the same person ?

Alf, Alflives, and all the Alfs love CDC, because most of the posters (like you guys) come here for fun.  

Thank you both for the morning belly laugh!!!  :lol::lol:

Go Bo Go!!!!  :towel:

Edited by Alflives

He might not have the instant superstar some on here believe but he was better than pip squeak Larsen right from camp even an out of shape Tryamkins was more effective than Larsen(wasted  pick)  they didn’t ask him to go to the AHL and learn how to actually play.

I don’t blame him for not going to the AHL Benning gave him the contract that clearly stated he didn’t have to. 

Don’t blame him one bit for leaving the Jim Benning wonkie wille circus but I still have hope he’ll come back and be a solid second pair dman along side  OJ. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, combover said:

He might not have the instant superstar some on here believe but he was better than pip squeak Larsen right from camp even an out of shape Tryamkins was more effective than Larsen(wasted  pick)  they didn’t ask him to go to the AHL and learn how to actually play.

I don’t blame him for not going to the AHL Benning gave him the contract that clearly stated he didn’t have to. 

Don’t blame him one bit for leaving the Jim Benning wonkie wille circus but I still have hope he’ll come back and be a solid second pair dman along side  OJ. 

Larsen was an an experiment, an attempt at a shortcut route to finding a puck moving D. 

WD was asked to play him constantly from the start by JB in order to properly assess him in NHL conditions. That is what GMs do and I don't expect WD was sad when Jimbo finally had seen enough and it was agreed that Larsen should be released to pursue a career in Europe/KHL.

10 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Your opinion.  I don't share it at all.

Cheers.   :)

You don’t share my opinion that of the 164 possible games for Chris Tanev over the past two years, he only played in 95 of them, or that Gudbranson only played in 82 of them, exactly half, or that Gudbranson is not a career -70?

Cheers. 

18 hours ago, combover said:

Pip squeak Larsen led all d-men in points in the KHL this past season. Goes to show how good the KHL is.  :lol:

Maybe Try gets in the lineup sooner if he had agreed to go on that conditioning stint. The equivalent to a road trip. The big baby.

• Upvote 1

Tram definitely has the tools to be an nhl regular. Plenty of shifts he showed the type of poise with the puck that is rare. Unfortunately, often the shift after would be a complete tire fire defensively. 

Tram needs to be more consistent shift to shift and, game to game. Really don’t think the khl is the Leauge to help his development.

As for the conditioning stint. Nucks shouldn’t have gave him a deal that said he couldn’t be sent to ahl.

Here is a goal rush from Tryamkin last season. I watched a few games during the regular season and he seemed to join the rush more, I think it's something he wants to work on. I watched a few playoff games and he didn't rush at all--paying more stay at home defense first style.  

Edited by Hairy Kneel

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Here is a goal rush from Tryamkin last season. I watched a few games during the regular season and he seemed to join the rush more, I think it's something he wants to work on. I watched a few playoff games and he didn't rush at all--paying more stay at home defense first style.  

I think Willie really held him back from being the player he wanted to be. Really wish they would have fired W during the season and moved on instead of letting that disaster of a season drag out with him knowing he was going to be fired.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I think Willie really held him back from being the player he wanted to be. Really wish they would have fired W during the season and moved on instead of letting that disaster of a season drag out with him knowing he was going to be fired.

True. There was a real disconnect in how that season played out.