The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Benning did say they had a 2 year deal on the table, so I'd guess it was something in the total value of 2.5 mil before taxes, etc. going home wasn't as bad a hit to him financially. Plus it would be cheaper from a daily living pov as well. 

I had heard that same number 2-2.5m per just after Tryamkin went home.

22 hours ago, canuckistani said:

he came in at 270-ish and stabilized around 230-240-ish pounds.

I see no reason to think he isn't an entitled guy.

Proof?

He has been listed at a 260 - 265  game weight in most stats I’ve seen on him for the past 3 years.

Even your assumed “stablized” weight is a crock.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Hmm there is an interesting article in the Russian online newspaper Sport Express with salaries of the Avtomobilist players http://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/khl/reviews/vse-zarplaty-hokkeistov-khl-skolko-poluchayut-igroki-lidera-ligi-skolko-stoit-gegemoniya-avtomobilista-1476213/ (in Russian). We can finally find out how much Nikita is actually making in the KHL.

So I am providing the most expensive contracts for the club, the first number is base salary in million roubles, the second one is bonus. Bonuses in the KHL are almost guaranteed, this is just the way to save some money for the club with mandatory pension, insurance and other government deductions.

- Goalie:   Kovar  Czech Rep.    56   60    116

- Defence:    Egorshev  Russia    50   11    61

Tryamkin   Russia    48   11    59

Lyamin    Russia      42   13    55

- Forwards:  Dawes  Canada    150   40   190

Da Costa  France   60   46   106

Sexston   USA        80   22   102

Milovzorov   Russia    41   29     70

Pare      Canada      40   22     62

The USA/RUB rate in 2017 when Tryamkin signed his KHL contract was between 56 and 61 with the average official number of 58 so Nikita was roughly signed for 1 million USD. The income tax flat rate in Russia is 13% so he receives 870,000 USD after taxes. In Canada Tryamkin would need to sign contract for about 2.5 million to make the same money after taxes - the average income tax rate for NHL players in Canada is 53% and 15% escrow NHL fee with 2% return.

There is good article about how much NHL players pay in taxes: https://www.bna.com/nhl-players-salaries-n73014470580/

$2.5 mill is in US $'s though. All NHL contracts are?

Presuming 53 % tax, aprox $1.2Mill clear?  The escrow is roughly the same as the Soviet tax.  He's still leaving $330K on the table. Not world breaking, but a lot of cash nonetheless...

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:04 AM, janisahockeynut said:

Now, ya got me on a Tryamkin Loop! lol

So here is a prediction...………….

Tryamkin in 1 of 7 defensemen named to the Russian National Hockey team for the 2019 IIHF World Championships (May 10 to 26)

If Nikita plays well, I can see that the Canucks will buy out his 2019-2020 contract (5Million transfer buy out) and announce at the draft that he will be at the Canucks training camp in September. The Contract will be front end loaded 6 years @ $5 million per (5 million bonus), with an out clause agreement after 2 years for either party(where Nikita could be loaned back to his Russian club), no time in Utica.

That is the way I would do it!

$5 mill bonus + $5 mill x 2 years + $5 mill buyout = $20 mill for 2 years.  Do I have your proposal correct?

I'm not sure I offer that...

On 04/11/2018 at 6:04 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Now, ya got me on a Tryamkin Loop! lol

So here is a prediction...………….

Tryamkin in 1 of 7 defensemen named to the Russian National Hockey team for the 2019 IIHF World Championships (May 10 to 26)

If Nikita plays well, I can see that the Canucks will buy out his 2019-2020 contract (5Million transfer buy out) and announce at the draft that he will be at the Canucks training camp in September. The Contract will be front end loaded 6 years @ $5 million per (5 million bonus), with an out clause agreement after 2 years for either party(where Nikita could be loaned back to his Russian club), no time in Utica.

That is the way I would do it!

Are you on dope?

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, KKnight said:

The max I give Tryamkin is 2.5 million a year over 2 years. He hasnt proven enough to warrant a hefty contract. If he doesn't want to be a canuck and chooses to put himself ahead of the team, then so be it. Look to trade his rights at that point. 

Compare that with what Gudbranson was willing to do to prove himself to management and his team mates. I might shorten the offer down to 1 year but maybe Tryamkin won't do that. After 1 year you will likely know what you have there. It also show cases him if he has to be traded. 

4 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

He isn’t worth anything more than a 1 year 2 mill deal.    That’s what he showed before he left, and hasn’t shown any big leaps in a lesser league.  

Get real with these ridiculous deals.  

He was our 4th best defenseman in his first year in the NHL.  

He was one of the best d-men in KHL in his first year after that.  

This year he's part of a rotating 8 d-men crew.  

He was better then Hutton who got a 2.8 mil multi-year deal.  If you want I can start pulling up many different d-man contracts, but 1 year 2 million will get you a bag of pucks under 6 ft tall.  

People are acting like it’s their money or that we’re strapped for cash. We’re trying to lure a guy over with loads of potential. Sure maybe his cap should be around the 2.25 mill for 2 years but I’d really like to see him back so if we overpay around 3.25-3.5 that’s not a big deal to me. It’s not my money and we have a ton of cap space.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Compare that with what Gudbranson was willing to do to prove himself to management and his team mates. I might shorten the offer down to 1 year but maybe Tryamkin won't do that. After 1 year you will likely know what you have there. It also show cases him if he has to be traded. 

So you're willing to risk losing out on a d-man that's just as big and as strong as Chara, just to save some money.  

Gudbranson played some terrible hockey for 3.5 mil/season.  I like Guddy, so I'm not going to say that I wouldn't take him on my team, but Tryamkin was the better player with the Canucks and made $925,000 per year.  

Some of you guys (not you Boudrias) are butthurt that he put his family before his career.  Get over it, wish him well and let's get him back in the Canucks uniform as soon as we can (in two years when his KHL contract expires).

19 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He was better then Hutton who got a 2.8 mil multi-year deal.  If you want I can start pulling up many different d-man contracts, but 1 year 2 million will get you a bag of pucks under 6 ft tall.  

Being better than Hutton then wasn’t a huge accompaniment. 

He showed some flashes, but was far from a consistent force. 

He he hasn’t proven anything worthy of a long term or high salary contract.  

He deserves a 1 year show me deal to really gauge where he is at and what he is worth. 

If he isn’t willing to prove his worth and earn a big contract, then he hasn’t grown since he bailed.  In that case, he can shove it. 

16 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

The amount of time lost to injury on the d-core in his rookie season leaves any claim to being #4 a head scratcher. We had an All-Star d-man from the KHL in Larson and that was a joke. The biggest mistake Tryamkin ever did was going back to Russia if his long term desire was a NHL career. We had 11 d-men filter through the lineup that year. I liked Tryamkin's season even though the team struggled. He showed a lot of potential. His physical game was excellent. As misconstrued as Desjardin's intent was to make Tryamkin more physical Willie was bang on. If Tryamkin had consistently played a physical game by finishing checks and playing the d-side more conservatively he could have cemented a position that he could have worked up from. He did skate well for a big man but his last concern should have been in the ozone. To much on his plate. 

If he spends 3 years in the KHL and then wants to come back I suspect the Canuck depth might have passed him by. Not only the depth but the time line. How do you really measure how well he is doing in the KHL? If I was developing a player for the NHL I would want him in the AHL way before the KHL.