The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

AHL is a developmental league.  KHL is a professional league.  So the young players in the AHL are better, but KHL has more top end talent...  guys that have had a cup of tea in the NHL and decided to make more money then they could in the AHL and play in Europe. 

I'm not saying that the average KHL team would beat an average AHL team or vice versa, but I don't buy the argument that one league is much better then the other.  

So I guess me and you might be agreeing here.  

Why use statistics anywhere if you don't use it? 

If a player make 100 point in KHL he makes 79 in NHL. 

A player from AHL only 49. 

It's a really big difference. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

NT88 is not some unknown commodity. The man is a force. Of our current D-core. I give him a NMC along with Stecher and Edler. Yes, I'm drinking, but I also have proofread. If Juolevi comes up, send them Hutton and a 2nd or however we need to massage it, lets not lose sleep though.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Western Red said:

NT88 is not some unknown commodity. The man is a force. Of our current D-core. I give him a NMC along with Stecher and Edler. Yes, I'm drinking, but I also have proofread. If Juolevi comes up, send them Hutton and a 2nd or however we need to massage it, lets not lose sleep though.

Exactly, why fret? He's a 3rd round pick and still our property. How many 3rd rounders have caught our attention to this extent. If he comes now would be a good time, get a couple of games. If he stays another year working on his games. If they knocked out again in the 2nd round he's back in time for the playoffs. Because we'll have injuries. 

On 3/21/2019 at 5:35 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Ok shyster. You say tryamkin is a better skater than Edler???   Haha good god. Keep your day job scout!!

I agree with Shayster. Better defenseman?, no (not yet at least), better skater? Tryamkin, absolutely. Edler takes the puck out of our zone like he barely cares, with little to no urgency. Have you not watched Edler the last like what, 5 years? When Tryamkin was playing, there were times were he would LEAD the rush up the ice. The big man can skate very well, not just the fact that he's 6'7 but in general

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Wanless said:

The biggest reason I can think of is I've size. Players may need to adjust to the quickness of response needed to play an effective game.

For Tryamkin however I think the smaller ice would improve his game, basically he takes up more of the ice and his job is to get in the way of plays

Tryamkin is an NHLer without a doubt, he was one of our better defenceman while he was here. His size was a massive advantage for him in the smaller ice. I remember his first game against Colorado here, my gosh, the guy with his wingspan with his stick took up a quarter of the defensive zone. Its ridiculous how big Nikita is seeing him live. I think its more of the culture shock of moving here ESPECIALLY newly married. Lifestyle in NA is completely different than in Russia. Some Russian players see the NHL as just a job, and some russians see it as an escape FROM Russia, living the "american dream" or land of oppurtunity that sorta deal. Take Goldy for example, came here to Canada to play juniors, and from what it sounds like loves being NA because of lifestyle, the people, entertainment etc, Kovalchuk on the other hand goes where the money leads him, and (from what Ive read) Yakupov would rather be in the NHL or NA but is in the KHL because its paying him the most. To summarize, some guys want the north american dream and some are just very loyal to the motherland, Tryamkin strikes me as the latter, at least from when he was here but things can change.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Tryamkin is an NHLer without a doubt, he was one of our better defenceman while he was here. His size was a massive advantage for him in the smaller ice. I remember his first game against Colorado here, my gosh, the guy with his wingspan with his stick took up a quarter of the defensive zone. Its ridiculous how big Nikita is seeing him live. I think its more of the culture shock of moving here ESPECIALLY newly married. Lifestyle in NA is completely different than in Russia. Some Russian players see the NHL as just a job, and some russians see it as an escape FROM Russia, living the "american dream" or land of oppurtunity that sorta deal. Take Goldy for example, came here to Canada to play juniors, and from what it sounds like loves being NA because of lifestyle, the people, entertainment etc, Kovalchuk on the other hand goes where the money leads him, and (from what Ive read) Yakupov would rather be in the NHL or NA but is in the KHL because its paying him the most. To summarize, some guys want the north american dream and some are just very loyal to the motherland, Tryamkin strikes me as the latter, at least from when he was here but things can change.

I wouldn't say he was one of the better dmen.....he fell somewhere in the middle of the pack, imo 

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Is that for certain. If they negotiate a buyout this weekend Try can't sign with us to finish the year? 

There was a date in December when Nylander had to sign or he couldn't play this year, Tram missed that date.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stawns said:

Don't hold your breath.  I don't see him leaving Russia, ever.  He seems pretty content there and doesn't seem to have that internal drive to play against the best in the world.  Hard to come down on a guy for wanting to play at home.

After the comment by his agent, I think we have to decide if we want him back and then, if so, step up and make a good offer. He likely wants to see an offer that says, get over here, we want you, and here's a deal to prove it. Some will say, he hasn't earned that, but I think we should take that chance, just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Glad to hear there's dialogue between JB and the Tryamkin camp. We are rooting for him to win, well most of us, because I believe he has matured and taken the fitness advice to heart. And he has been very coachable, staying in the mold they're utilizing him in as a stay at home defenceman. Which would compliment Hughes style. As they were getting knocked out these last 2 games Try looked the most composed and kept his compete level up when many players looked overwhelmed. 

I figured that that there may not have been much communicaiton but I'm happy to be wrong about that. Jim checking in regularly won't go unnoticed. 

Its pretty obvious that trying out  Nik again would solve some, not all, issues on the defence so it would be worth overpaying Nik by 1 mil so he can buy out his KHL deal. So at this point, what is Nik's market value? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

21 minutes ago, aliboy said:

After the comment by his agent, I think we have to decide if we want him back and then, if so, step up and make a good offer. He likely wants to see an offer that says, get over here, we want you, and here's a deal to prove it. Some will say, he hasn't earned that, but I think we should take that chance, just my opinion.

One of my biggest concerns with Tryamkin if he returns is the locker room. I do think he can play NHL defense but cutting him a sweetheart deal could hurt the culture of the team. If he came back and played great the issue would never arise. If he struggles and is not happy then finger pointing can start. Is it worth the risk. Probably and that is why Benning is keeping the phone lines busy. 3 year bridge deal is what should happen.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If you are comparing Tryamkin to Hughes or EP40 you have lost me entirely.

Whether he played in the NHL previously or not, he has not for several years and I see a massive issue if he is given a one-way deal ( to protect his income ) but I would never give the guy an assurance of no time in minors.    He had massive holes in his game but was an intriguing prospect with untapped potential.   Some of his holes were defensive coverage and he may need some time with the speed of the NHL game to get back to that level - and AHL is the second fastest league in the world and miles ahead of the KHL in that regard.

To you I am not making sense, to a sane NHL organization I think I am.   

Cheers.   :)

Biega has a one way deal, you're telling me Biega is better than Tryamkin?

1 hour ago, aliboy said:

There was a date in December when Nylander had to sign or he couldn't play this year, Tram missed that date.

but does that work the same way for a player that signed another contract, which if bought out would be completed? the rules on defected players are pretty convoluted. 

The guy is 6'7" 265 lbs but may have issues adjusting to the NHL, i.e. the smaller ice surface?  This is insane.  If anything the smaller ice surface will HELP his game.  Who the heck will be able to go around him when he has a similar wing span to Zdeno Chara?

Just get the big guy over here ASAP and see what happens.  All this butthurt about how he left, about how he has to earn his minutes, about how he needs to go to the AHL to learn the game, blah blah balh, just laughable really.  This guy is a frickin beast and when he is 100% and goes into beast mode he will be unstoppable.  And Green will allow him to do that.

I am sure a 4 year $3.5-$4 million contract will do the trick and get him "motivated" to come play in the NHL.  He can use $1 million of that first years' salary to pay out his current contract.  Just get him over here already.  We have so many smaller Dman in the lineup right now it's so frustrating.  And we are adding another 5'10" Dman shortly.  

I wanna see this guy back in the NHL and rag dolling guys that are 230 pounds.  I've really missed that.  Get er done JB...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I figured that that there may not have been much communicaiton but I'm happy to be wrong about that. Jim checking in regularly won't go unnoticed. 

Its pretty obvious that trying out  Nik again would solve some, not all, issues on the defence so it would be worth overpaying Nik by 1 mil so he can buy out his KHL deal. So at this point, what is Nik's market value? 

I'm thinking 4-5m with 3-4 year term and a LNTC.

Big fan here obviously.

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but does that work the same way for a player that signed another contract, which if bought out would be completed? the rules on defected players are pretty convoluted. 

My understanding is, he had to be under contract with us back in December.