The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Does he play the right side? I’d imagine nobody would mess with Hughes with him on the ice. Kinda like a Chara regarding longevity, I can’t see him putting up the numbers but who cares we have other D for that.. 

He plays both sides,  and is impressive on the PK.

typically likes playing right side.

but I imagine his numbers would rise with Hughes.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He plays both sides,  and is impressive on the PK.

typically likes playing right side.

but I imagine his numbers would rise with Hughes.

Have to say I’d be pretty excited to see him in a Nucks jersey again. Got a little annoyed with people always pencilling him into their future line-ups when the guys been gone for what seems like forever. I guess I kinda lost the idea of him actually even coming back.  

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Have to say I’d be pretty excited to see him in a Nucks jersey again. Got a little annoyed with people always pencilling him into their future line-ups when the guys been gone for what seems like forever. I guess I kinda lost the idea of him actually even coming back.  

The radio interview with his agent sounds very positive..

5FD0B616-1AF3-4977-94DA-E530724878C3.thumb.jpeg.aaf141edbca3922d2785e88c5569f17d.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

ESPN nhl deal means good times ahead.

Canucks will have money for players.

Not for the foreseeable future.  The cap is going to stay flat for a while.  Players have to reimburse their share of the losses. The more optimistic interpretation of Bettman’s presser reporting the deal is flat for at least another 4 years.  The more conservative interpretation could well be the length of the CBA which is 6 if not 7 years.

No one knows what the big guy will become. He is not a goon who will come and fight everyone. He is such an intriguing package of size , mobility and skill. He is intimidating and must be taken seriously by opponents or he will hurt them.

I think a lot of his success will come down to chemistry and coaching. It would be a mistake to not give him a shot. The risk reward is too high. 

Let's face it , our defense is in transition and dropping a ton of cash on Edler is not wise anymore.  If they don't sign him he will go somewhere else and he has a good chance of being successful . They should use some of the Edler money and get him signed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Convincing John said:

He started his Canuck career demanding to only play in the NHL.

Or to put this in a different, more honest way, he planned to keep his word and honour his contract, and he expected the Canucks to do the same.

It sounds to me that the words honourable and honest are not words that you can really relate to.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Or to put this in a different, more honest way, he planned to keep his word and honour his contract, and he expected the Canucks to do the same.

It sounds to me that the words honourable and honest are not words that you can really relate to.

Exactly, he had a European assignment clause, much like Pettersson, and Höglander (and many other european players), saying if they aren't on the main roster, they will get assigned to their local league (SHL, Extraliga, KHL, etc...)

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

He Negotiated that claws bro, he wouldn’t even go down for a conditioning stint. I just think he has personality issues. I could be wrong, this is what a discussion board is for though.   

12 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

He Negotiated that claws bro, he wouldn’t even go down for a conditioning stint. I just think he has personality issues. I could be wrong, this is what a discussion board is for though.   

he used the negotiating power he had. He'd be dumb not to.

How does that reflect on his personality? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Yes, it would be so dumb to go to the AHL to get up to speed on the NA game. Poor guy woulda had to sit on a bus. 

meh. Why would he do that, when he can play in his hometown and develop just as well. There's nothing that different anymore about a NA or KHL game, or SHL for that matter. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Convincing John said:

Yes, BRO, he did negotiate that clause, and the team agreed to it. From the crap you are spouting here, I am guessing that anybody who is foolish enough to enter into a contract with you, expecting you to keep your word, is doomed to be disappointed.

As far as personality issues go, I could be wrong, but from reading your posts it sounds to me like you are projecting.

• Cheers 3

On 3/9/2021 at 10:55 AM, GoCanucks16 said:

Again: how so?

e: I think from the wording of your posts that you're trying to insult me without outright using a pejorative term and ascribing it to me. This is still against the board rules.

I wouldn't worry about WeneedLumme, when he's wrong, which is 98% of the time and he doesn't agree with you, he tends to attack you personally. He's a nobody that lives in his parents basement that likes to pretend hes tough