The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Ok........The is this pretend league(KHL) and Bob (Tryamkin) plays in it

But, there is no agreement with that league

Only a letter of understanding that says we will not tamper with 

players from that league.

But there is nothing that precludes me from contacting that league(KHL)

or the club(Auto) that operates in that league, from my team (Canucks) contacting

that team

So, I see no reason that my team can not contact that team

and buy that teams player, for early release

Now, I am not saying we would

But can anyone come up with a reason why we can not do this to 

get Tryamkin back early?

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

or the club(Auto) that operates in that league, from my team (Canucks) contacting

that team

get Tryamkin back early?

Because aqua man probably wouldn’t want to shell out the costs to bring him over by doing so.

Also when is the RFA cutoff date this season?

16 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Actually provost here is what it really is............6 out of 24 are NHL size, the rest larger, 11 are the Finnish Hy-brid, and the other 7 are Olympic size

There are supposed to be only 2 teams still playing on the larger ice surface this season.

From the KHL announcement in December 2019:

Before the start of next season, five teams (Jokerit, Lokomotiv, Salavat Yulaev, Traktor, Torpedo) will reduce the width of their rinks from 30m to 28m. Dinamo Riga and Kunlun Red Star will follow suit before the start of the 2021-22 season. Next season, 22 out of the 24 clubs in the KHL will play on a allowable size of ice pad.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hamonic was never even considered to be signing here when Nik was here hoping to be.

Hamonic was basically signed as a stop gap, for peanuts in a last minute scenario..  

And when Hamonic did sign,. Nik has had the advantage of skating for 4 - 5 months as His season began in September.

Hopeful the world resets itself, and with the help of the vaccine,  we see hockey back to normal in September camps and October regular season start.

I would not be surprised to see Nik signing a contract with us for the beginning of the 21-22 season.  Not too far after his season ends in Feb or March.

There would be absolutely nothing wrong or against the rules to have him here signed for the following season and keeping Podz company training in Vancouver.

That’s how I beleive this should be handled.

Absolutely. Just pointing out 'cap space' wasn't particularly the issue. Proved by having space to sign Hamonic. It was more about timing and seeing where dominoes fell with Tanev, Markstrom, trading for Schmidt, Ferland on LTIR etc, etc.

It's quite understandable Tryamkin didn't want to risk waiting around, not playing hockey for near a year, with no guarantees, as we sorted all that out. It's also understandable why we didn't sign him, given all of those things to sort out. 

I agree, we almost certainly see him signed this offseason and here next fall (hopefully with a regular season start).

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Absolutely. Just pointing out 'cap space' wasn't particularly the issue. Proved by having space to sign Hamonic. It was more about timing and seeing where dominoes fell with Tanev, Markstrom, trading for Schmidt, Ferland on LTIR etc, etc.

It's quite understandable Tryamkin didn't want to risk waiting around, not playing hockey for near a year, with no guarantees, as we sorted all that out. It's also understandable why we didn't sign him, given all of those things to sort out. 

I agree, we almost certainly see him signed this offseason and here next fall (hopefully with a regular season start).

I wonder if he wants to sign here. He could get a better off from else where

• Wat 1

30 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I wonder if he wants to sign here. He could get a better off from else where

His Xmas Instagram post with his wife he was wearing a Canucks hoodie. :)

Actually his Instagram has always been a profile pic of him  skating in a Canuck uni.

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Actually his Instagram has always been a profile pic of him  skating in a Canuck uni.

Yeah I thought of that and it's a good point. But I'm betting Diamond is polling other teams, he has to surely!. Vcr is no guarantee as we've already witnessed. As mentioned in another post they found money for Hamonic. If I'm his agent I'm wondering what's the next move, and keep in mind it may not be JB that future talks will be held with.

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

It’s such a shame how much C19 has messed so many things up Agent..  at least the approach to that situation was pragmatic,.

better to play developing your skills and body,

than watching someone else play.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

that team

get Tryamkin back early?

At least signed for the next season before the chips fall again..  he needs to be part of the puzzle that’s finished,  not a piece in the pile to choose from..

give Nik something to look forward to and motivate a good off season.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Yeah I thought of that and it's a good point. But I'm betting Diamond is polling other teams, he has to surely!. Vcr is no guarantee as we've already witnessed. As mentioned in another post they found money for Hamonic. If I'm his agent I'm wondering what's the next move, and keep in mind it may not be JB that future talks will be held with.

Well he have his rights through till next season. UFA would be after next season is done. I don't see him sitting out. Plus he only signed for one year with Automobilist while he was waiting till this schedule was figured out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

At least signed for the next season before the chips fall again..  he needs to be part of the puzzle that’s finished,  not a piece in the pile to choose from..

give Nik something to look forward to and motivate a good off season.

If I am right......and I could be wrong on this

But one of the reasons not to bring Tryamkin in for the end of the season is because be would burn a year of his ELC

there by potentially being exposed for the expansion draft, but after watching the glaring mistakes Myers has made this year

I am not worrying about protecting him

Protection list of Schmidt, Juolevi and Tryamkin, with Hughes exempt and Edler not under contract

If Seattle takes him.....great!

In the mean time, Tryamkin in this year, gives him time to adjust

And I can not believe Tryamkin at 2.0* does not have more value than Myers at 6.0

Not really saying Tryamkins value is that....just picked a number

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 3

Just another note....

I would structure Tryamkin's contract so that it has a solid 1st year bonus, but be totally the cheapest buy out structure.......and I would do it for 3 or 4 years

Example.........AAV of 2.0 to 2.5 per on 4 years..........2.0 bonus 1st year

So something like........

So his actual cost in years 2, 3, and 4 are actually less than his AAV....it make him very easy to move or buy out

Sure there is risk.................

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

If I am right......and I could be wrong on this

But one of the reasons not to bring Tryamkin in for the end of the season is because be would burn a year of his ELC

there by potentially being exposed for the expansion draft, but after watching the glaring mistakes Myers has made this year

I am not worrying about protecting him

Protection list of Schmidt, Juolevi and Tryamkin, with Hughes exempt and Edler not under contract

If Seattle takes him.....great!

In the mean time, Tryamkin in this year, gives him time to adjust

And I can not believe Tryamkin at 2.0* does not have more value than Myers at 6.0

Not really saying Tryamkins value is that....just picked a number

He won’t be on an elc he’s had that contract - that’s how he ended up an rfa

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes, and I really don't see either Tram or his agent choosing to pass up on another year of NHL pay when he and his wife were apparently ready to come here if Covid hadn't messed up this season. I would love to be able to make enforceable bets with the posters who claim he won't be coming to Vancouver.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, and I really don't see either Tram or his agent choosing to pass up on another year of NHL pay when he and his wife were apparently ready to come here if Covid hadn't messed up this season. I would love to be able to make enforceable bets with the posters who claim he won't be coming to Vancouver.

If any year, I think this year would be a good year to buy out of his KHL contract. The Auto team is up and down, with weaker goaltending and inept scoring, they'll likely be out in the first round. The last game Tryamkin went to cover his man in the crease and a pass got through for a back door goal. Tryamkin turned and his expression was pure frustration. He gave Datsyuk a stare like wth?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

He won’t be on an elc he’s had that contract - that’s how he ended up an rfa

I know if he does not play this year he will be exempt at the expansion draft......

so, maybe I worded it improperly, because he only signed a 2 year contract the 1st time around

and had only burned off 2 years off his elc designation.......not sure what else to call it

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If any year, I think this year would be a good year to buy out of his KHL contract. The Auto team is up and down, with weaker goaltending and inept scoring, they'll likely be out in the first round. The last game Tryamkin went to cover his man in the crease and a pass got through for a back door goal. Tryamkin turned and his expression was pure frustration. He gave Datsyuk a stare like wth?

I agree.......with his club knowing he is leaving and the whole world needing money, I could see his club releasing him early with some incentive

• Cheers 1