The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

oilers will get that Chyrchun kid. if they don't land Mathews, and with the way we are playing we will be picking in 8-11 range, UGH! leaves us with what?

Sergachev?  Another big mean Russian D.  His ceiling comparable is Dennis Potvin.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sergachev?  Another big mean Russian D.  His ceiling comparable is Dennis Potvin.  

that's what i'm hoping for.  or one of the forwards, preferably Dubois.

Getting sergachev would be great.  a few years ago i would have never expected we'd be in a position to have russian defensemen being half of the D corps rebuild.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Derp... said:

So from that interview it sounds like he is not convinced the AHL is a good place for him and that was kind of expected. If he doesn't make the team out of training camp next year is it possible he goes back to the KHL for another season?

I wonder if he'd consider playing for Utica after the canucks season is over for the playoffs? 

Would he even be eligible? 

11 minutes ago, wshdrvvn said:

that's what i'm hoping for.  or one of the forwards, preferably Dubois.

Getting sergachev would be great.  a few years ago i would have never expected we'd be in a position to have russian defensemen being half of the D corps rebuild.

Sergachev playing for windsor on tv right now

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Agoork said:

Google translate (not great, but you get the idea)

"Motorist" Nikita Tryamkina released in North America

March 6, 2016

Contract Nikita Tryamkina ends April 30, 2016 , but the defender turned to the club 
with a request to release him early, to go to North America . 
Recall Nikita drafted "Vancouver " .

Just saw this now too. Oh man, I'm happy about this. Even if he struggles a bit that's OK, he'll know what he's up against for a full season and can begin with confidence next year. And do this ::D

Никита , раздавить маленький человек из Калгари .

Translation: "Nikita , to crush the little man from Calgary."

wheres the goalie.jpg

Edited by Bob Long
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

oilers will get that Chyrchun kid. if they don't land Mathews, and with the way we are playing we will be picking in 8-11 range, UGH! leaves us with what?

leaves us with you whining and complaining until you realize how good the kids selected in the 8-11 range are.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

leaves us with you whining and complaining until you realize how good the kids selected in the 8-11 range are.

9    MCAVOY, CHARLES    BOSTON UNIVERSITY    H-EAST    D    6'0.25"    208 R shot
10    SERGACHEV, MIKHAIL    WINDSOR    OHL    D    6'2.5"    206 L shot

11    JONES, MAX    LONDON    OHL    LW    6'3.0"    205

4 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

You are welcome. I am really excited to have Nikita playing for Canucks, along with Pedan and might be Sergachev. Reminds me of the Detroit glorious days of 90s with five Russian players.

My thought was the upcoming team reminds me of Detroit ten years ago. Russians, Europeans, a fast and skilled team, but not soft.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, baumerman77 said:

A lot of Russians tend to say that. Let's see what happens when we get him here, he meets the team, coaches and management. He might be more willing to go to the AHL for a bit. But let's hope he can stick with the Canucks right out of the gate; I'm guessing that he will. 

Agreed.  Pretty sure once he's done here he will be offered the chance to play some playoffs in the A as well.. All these things will play in his decisions I'm sure. Let's be honest how much worse than Weber can any of our prospects be? lol

4 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Lots of good NHL ready prospect and picks to trade up with.  Including Demko.

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Hoping that the smaller ice surface allows Tree to be a little more proactive in his play. I want to see him unleashing bombs from the point!

Agreed.  The NA ice and game is better suited to the big guy.  I'm looking forward to his crush popping some guys.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Lots of good NHL ready prospect and picks to trade up with.  Including Demko.

Won't need to and will be too pricey anyway.  JB says the drop-off is at 15, so we're right in there and he'll grab the BPA.  Some have said the 4 or 6-15 are somewhat interchangeable anyway.