The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

I hope that with new Liberal government things change. Mr. Harper and Co. put relationship between Canada and Russia to its lowest level, even worse than during the Cold War.

Haha. Thanks for the laugh.

I'm sure breaking international law by illegally annexing a portion of another country had nothing to do with it.

10 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

I hope that with new Liberal government things change. Mr. Harper and Co. put relationship between Canada and Russia to its lowest level, even worse than during the Cold War.

You're probably right that relations will thaw a little, in that Trudeau is unlikely to be as strident about Putin's actions as Harper was.  I doubt that we'll see Russia and Canada being friends in the foreseeable future, though.

I happen to have agreed with Harper's position regarding Putin but whether Harper was right to be so stridently opposed to Putin's actions isn't the point-Trudeau is likely to be less adamant in his position and that may alter  the relationship between Canada and Russia.

It won't be all that much, though.  Trudeau will, inevitably, not be a friend of Putin.  He will oppose his actions and his positions just as Harper did.  He'll just be more diplomatic, probably, in the way he says it.

I don't know if that would have much, if any any, effect on the number of Russian hockey players coming to the NHL.

Edited by tyhee

3 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Haha. Thanks for the laugh.

I'm sure breaking international law by illegally annexing a portion of another country had nothing to do with it.

So overthrowing a nation's government with foreign terrorists is legitimate, but over 95% of its people voting to secede from that hijacked country in order to join another nation breaks international law?

Cool story.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

No any news in the Russian media so far...

I am sorry for unintentionally creating political controversy in the Tryamkin's topic, I should think better beforehand.

Would think the next announcement should come from the Canucks, considering they haven't said anything so far other than that they're negotiating.

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Would think the next announcement should come from the Canucks, considering they haven't said anything so far other than that they're negotiating.

Agree that Canucks team is now generator of any news. Disagree that they have not said anything more ;)

Dan Murphy @sportsnetmurph 15h15 hours ago

Linden says no road blocks with Tryamkin so far. NHL must OK KHL release first. Could sign + arrive as early as this week. #Canucks

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

No any news in the Russian media so far...

I am sorry for unintentionally creating political controversy in the Tryamkin's topic, I should think better beforehand.

It's about Tryamkin's ability to come here and play.  There are definitely politics involved.  If having a new government in Canada helps with our getting Tryamkin, then IMHAO that is part of the discussion.  I'm glad we have better relations with Russia now, for hockey reasons.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

So overthrowing a nation's government with foreign terrorists is legitimate, but over 95% of its people voting to secede from that hijacked country in order to join another nation breaks international law?

Cool story.

Overthrowing with foreign terrorists?  A bit overly dramatic don't you think?  While the West might have played some role, how much we don't know, what we do know is that Yanukovych's decision to suddenly spurn a planned trade deal with the European Union and turn toward Russia instead was the beginning of anti-government protests against a president they viewed as a puppet of Putin.

But for you to then ignore that Russia invaded an independent country and held a vote in a region it's soldiers and military was illegally occupying during the vote is laughable. The Russians, not the Ukrainian government, held the illegal vote in a region that while tradionally had close ties with Russia, was part of the Ukraine.  Not surprising that 95% of the Crimean people voted in favour of annexation. That's not 95% of Ukrainian people. It was 95% of Crimeans. But nice twisting of facts.

But yeah, the anti-government protesters in Kiev and those that supported them are the foreign terrorists here, and not the Russians. Am I doing it right? 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

It's about Tryamkin's ability to come here and play.  There are definitely politics involved.  If having a new government in Canada helps with our getting Tryamkin, then IMHAO that is part of the discussion.  I'm glad we have better relations with Russia now, for hockey reasons.  

That's a bit of a stretch....naw.... that's a big stretch I doubt the foreign office, ministers and certainly the PM's / Presidents .have any idea who Tryamkin is, there's numerous Russian playing in the league. Trudeau needs some one to comb his hair and tie his shoe laces

4 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Overthrowing with foreign terrorists?  A bit overly dramatic don't you think?  While the West might have played some role, how much we don't know, what we do know is that Yanukovych's decision to suddenly spurn a planned trade deal with the European Union and turn toward Russia instead was the beginning of anti-government protests against a president they viewed as a puppet of Putin.

But for you to then ignore that Russia invaded an independent country and held a vote in a region it's soldiers and military was illegally occupying during the vote is laughable. The Russians, not the Ukrainian government, held the illegal vote in a region that while tradionally had close ties with Russia, was part of the Ukraine.  Not surprising that 95% of the Crimean people voted in favour of annexation. That's not 95% of Ukrainian people. It was 95% of Crimeans. But nice twisting of facts.

But yeah, the anti-government protesters in Kiev and those that supported them are the foreign terrorists here, and not the Russians. Am I doing it right? 

"Might have"?  Obama's administration boasted that they spent $5 billion for "democracy" in Ukraine, arming neo-nazi skinheads and supporting Soros puppets like Tymoshenko who ultimately overthrew the government.  You can consider that legitimate regime change but a democratic vote of over 80% turnout as usurpation, but that's a pretty twisted view of democracy, to say the least.  But the narrative sure helps the US's continued encirclement campaign against Russia, trying to provoke open global war (see: Brookings Institute).  No biggie though, as long as I got Canucks and my bigscreen, it's full-steam ahead -- go Yankie nukes, go!

Ultimately the problem here is listening to and believing western corporate mainstream media.  The sooner one gets out of that psyop the better.  The rare times I ever see it now, it's amazing how nearly everything they report and say is a lie.  And I used to laugh at Pravda, lol.
:wacko:

• Upvote 3