The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Check today's interview with Benning.  They will let him see how he does, and to some extent determine for himself if he needs adjustment and development time.  He believes that because it's Tryamkin's goal to play in the NHL that he will be willing to put in that time.  Ditching after a few games does not sound like what he'd do -- he's come this far, he wants to make it.  That clause is more for if they end up getting stuck in the minors with little hope of seeing daylight.

Holy crap...what is wrong with Canucks fans?  Is everyone high on BC BUD and super paranoid....

Everyone was concerned that Hutton was going to pull a Schultz and now people are speculating about Tryamkin bolting if he has to pay some dues in utica...get Real Canuck fans.

2 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

Holy crap...what is wrong with Canucks fans?  Is everyone high on BC BUD and super paranoid....

Everyone was concerned that Hutton was going to pull a Schultz and now people are speculating about Tryamkin bolting if he has to pay some dues in utica...get Real Canuck fans.

Failing that, now it's Demko and Boeser that are going to walk away from us! :frantic:

1 minute ago, NEON.KNEE said:

I know right...and The way people reacted to mcCann's draft interview.... Canuck Fans are case studies for Psych students.

Until these potential UFAs sign a contract with us, they are really not our players.  Do we have complete faith in JB?

Just now, Alflives said:

Until these potential UFAs sign a contract with us, they are really not our players.  Do we have complete faith in JB?

I know you're just playing Devil's Advocate Alf and arn't actually off your rocker... How many players have pulled a Schultz?   Very few...It's like Drouin classless to pull a move like that.

• Upvote 1

Link to his last interview with Avto club (in Russian) dated March 9: http://www.hc-avto.ru/news/1234/

First several questions were about regular season and playoffs. Then some questions about Vancouver. Basically Tryamkin said:

The season was over, we lost in playoffs. I thought why not go and try instead of two months of vacation. In this case I would know what to expect for next season. My physical attributes should help. I would not be surprised by playing on small ice rinks. I have been at the training camp with four-five players who are with Canucks now. All are nice friendly guys, two of them wrote to me after the season end and asked if I was going to come. I played against one of them Bo Horvat during the world junior championship in the bronze medal game. Every hockey player dreams to play in the NHL.

I have not talked to the club management yet, all communications were through my agents. Vancouver wanted me to come for long time. Yes, you can say that Vancouver is my favorite NHL team now since they drafted me and signed contract. Right now my main goal is to make the team. Then we will see how the next season starts. If I am going to be sent to the AHL, then I would possibly return to Avtomobilist and play for my favorite home club.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ThaManbeast said:

Does anybody know his actual weight? I've seen everything between 220 and 250.

Linden said 6'7" and 245 lbs. Every thing I've read says 6"8" and 245 

Pretty lanky with that height to weight ratio. Virtanen is 6" shorter but only ways 20-25lbs less. That would explain why he's so mobile. The Lanky guys usually are very good skaters. He still has enough weight to throw around tho to have a huge physical impact on the game.

This guy will be better than Chara ever was. Tryamkin supposedly has a lot more skill than Chara and skates better too.

3 hours ago, MadOgre said:

Pretty lanky with that height to weight ratio. Virtanen is 6" shorter but only ways 20-25lbs less. That would explain why he's so mobile. The Lanky guys usually are very good skaters. He still has enough weight to throw around tho to have a huge physical impact on the game.

This guy will be better than Chara ever was. Tryamkin supposedly has a lot more skill than Chara and skates better too.

Lol give me a break... Tryamkin looks like a nice piece but to say he will be better than Chara ever was is a stupid statement.

5 hours ago, MadOgre said:

*Has the capacity.

He's certainly sounds like he's a better skater and hockey player than Chara was at the same age but that does not automatically mean he will be better than Chara in his prime.

Right now he's promising with a lot of potential. We'll see how it turns out ;)