The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] One way Contract for Yannick Weber

I think he should be the priority after Kassian and Tanev because even though he's an offensive defenceman rarely did I see him make a defensive mistake. I would like to see him a bit more and hopefully Desjardins sees something in him aswell because I think he could step up as a top 4 defenceman next year.

I definitely wouldn't mind bringing him back, I thought he was a very serviceable player for us last season.

Did a good job later in the year when injuries hit, and of course added the offensive dimension with his shooting/PP ability.

So yeah, hopefully we can get him back in that 7th/8th role for next season.

Still lacking a PMD/PPQB, but then a future 1C as well. Rome wasn't built in a day, and certainly those will be addressed eventually. For this season though, they're probably banking on Edler rounding back into at least respectability and perhaps Sbisa can help but the PP's still gonna need some help. I'd have no problem bringing Erhoff or Boyle in for 2-3 years during the transition to the Sutton/Cederholm/Forsling era, if they would come of course. Then again, issue of roster spot.

Great news. He never really got the nod for some reason but he's money on the power play and a right handed shot.

If a goal is to improve the PP this season then you have to keep a guy like him around. Great shot from the point, that not only hits the net, but finds the back of it.

I like Stanton more than Weber, because before he dinged his knee, Stanton was a pretty solid guy back there. Weber had fire drill moments as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. I thought Stanton had that bit more size and physical grit. But to be honest there is not that much between them.

I'm glad we are looking to keep him though, he seemed to be a great team man.

I thought Webber was much stronger on his second stint. He does have nice wheels a very good shot. He was getting some PP time. At 25 his age fits Van's new timeline. Saying all that I do not want to lose Stanton. He is still a unknown factor. He came back from injury and played well. IMHO Corrado needs another year in Utica.

Wasn't used properly...sound familiar?

AV - Ballard

Torts - Weber

We brought him in to be a presence on the PP, yet didn't spend much time at all. While the team decided to opt for Garrison, Edler, Bieksa and Hamhuis instead.

Weber will be much better if he was truly used on the PP, where his specialty is at.

Archived