The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver 3 Dallas 6

Dumb Nuck

Can't always blame the opposing goaltender's stellar night for a loss. The Canucks need to finish those chances.

Better yet, not give up so many chances to the other team.

Miller didn't look so good but neither did the defense.

A lot of top teams this year have had a horrible game. It's still early and it's better to take these bad losses early on in the year.

I agree. I think the quickest and most realistic way to improve this team is to find a top two defenseman to stabilize our defensive game while the team plays an up tempo offense.

It's starting to look like the biggest need for this Canucks style of offense.

The thing is you can't just go out and get a top defenseman nowadays you have to draft and develop them. The closest you can get to trading for one is taking a chance on a young underachieving player like Myers or Larsson, but that's a big risk to take on such a small chance.

Can't always blame the opposing goaltender's stellar night for a loss. The Canucks need to finish those chances.

Better yet, not give up so many chances to the other team.

Miller didn't look so good but neither did the defense.

A lot of top teams this year have had a horrible game. It's still early and it's better to take these bad losses early on in the year.

too many grinders..not enough finishers and playmakers

I'll give the Canucks as much credit as I will question the Stars compete-level once they got up 5-0 for making a go of it the second half of the game. They're a young team learning to close out games, but the Canucks deserved for this game to look closer than it was. Still, too many mistakes early even without bad luck.

Vey's line outplayed Bonino's most of the night.

Kassian needs to be on the second line

Anyone look at his shooting % last three years?

14%

15%

25% (now, small sample size and not sustainable)

But the point is, if he can average around 14-15% that would put him in the top 20 players in the NHL...for all three years...last two and this one...

This means, he needs to shoot more and get more offensive opportunity

Its getting stupid

I don't even know what to be mad at? We actually played good but got blown out. This is just weird

Talk about mental toughness man. We kept coming the entire game. I was quite impressed they kept their composure and went for it till the last second. Lehtonen had to be on his A game all night.

Tough break but I ain't mad.

Kassian needs to be on the second line

Anyone look at his shooting % last three years?

14%

15%

25% (now, small sample size and not sustainable)

But the point is, if he can average around 14-15% that would put him in the top 20 players in the NHL...for all three years...last two and this one...

This means, he needs to shoot more and get more offensive opportunity

Its getting stupid

The problem with Kassian is he can look good one shift and look like a lost dog the next shift.

This teams problem is we have no secondary scoring.

Both games Canucks lost this year were ones they deserved to win. The Canucks are playing well, they just need to work on their defense. Canucks will make the playoffs.

im so sorry .. we did not deserve to win either .. they need more than work on their defence .. they need players who are better on defence

Archived