2 hours ago, Me_ said:

LUCIC - HORVAT - VIRTANEN

vs

HALL - McDAVID - KASSIAN

ANY DAY.

LHV line would be -15 in a 7 game series

Hall + Mcdavid > Horvat + Virtanen...not even close

...but Lucic vs Kassian fighting at centre ice would be fun

Lucic will be on the first line with Henrik and Daniel for the next 5 years anyway

• 9 months later...
On 15/11/2014 at 1:24 PM, hearditall said:

Damage in the MINUS department. That's for sure. Oh yah damage in the effort level & his big ego that DOESN"T work in the NHL. This ain't junior hockey.

He's damaging himself right out of the NHL. ::D

I was a big Kassian fan especially when we 1st traded for him. So since he's been playing better of late I have been looking up old posts on Kassian. I found another thread that was interesting to read as well.  "Time to bring Kassian back".

Anyways, so far reading through this thread you have nailed Kassian down to a T. 

I understand that he needed to go through the path he took but man. Too bad he went through the issues he had & he couldn't get it right here, he would've looked good playing on our young team today. 

Glad to see him doing well again. 

Cody seemed to have attitude issues as well as injuries if I recall. His biggest problem was his heart in my eyes (-26 & -28 in his last 2 seasons in Buffalo). He claimed he was or should've been #2 or #1 center here before he earned it & then got the pay day from Buffalo before earning it again. 

I guess he hit the jackpot with $25.5 million & packed it in, & Kassian is just starting to get his career on path with a bright looking future especially in Edmonton.

one game does not make a career.  Tanner Glass scored a goal the other night and his line was dominate.   I like Kassian, never wanted to trade him but he had admitted problems.  His season this year was a comeback in the sense he played most of the season and did it without booze.  Great!  But he did it as a 4th liner.   And a lot of nights he was dropping the gloves to stay in line up.  Kassian is not a fighter.

We didn't lose an elite player.  What is more he is where is now because he hit rock bottom in Montreal.  He had a choice stay in the NHL and get sorted out or call it a career.     

Again people understand the big picture.   Remember as well he went into a substance abuse program in Vancouver.  That didn't work so the Nucks moved on.

He as made some big strides but look at the road that had to be taken to get there.  

1 minute ago, samurai said:

one game does not make a career.  Tanner Glass scored a goal the other night and his line was dominate.   I like Kassian, never wanted to trade him but he had admitted problems.  His season this year was a comeback in the sense he played most of the season and did it without booze.  Great!  But he did it as a 4th liner.   And a lot of nights he was dropping the gloves to stay in line up.  Kassian is not a fighter.

We didn't lose an elite player.  What is more he is where is now because he hit rock bottom in Montreal.  He had a choice stay in the NHL and get sorted out or call it a career.     

Again people understand the big picture.   Remember as well he went into a substance abuse program in Vancouver.  That didn't work so the Nucks moved on.

He as made some big strides but look at the road that had to be taken to get there.  

just stop ...  you make far too much sense and you dont belong here .      Run !!!        while you can  !!!          save yourself !!!!!!       

6 minutes ago, samurai said:

Tanner Glass scored a goal the other night and his line was dominate.  

I think Tanner Glass was an effective 4th liner while he was here; not his fault AV overused him.  I cut AV though slack because ALL coaches tend have their favorites - and of course, AV deserves to be given that respect.

1 hour ago, samurai said:

His season this year was a comeback in the sense he played most of the season and did it without booze.  Great!  But he did it as a 4th liner.   And a lot of nights he was dropping the gloves to stay in line up.  Kassian is not a fighter.

1 hour ago, samurai said:

Again people understand the big picture.   Remember as well he went into a substance abuse program in Vancouver.

I did say it very clearly if you actually read.

1 hour ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

I understand that he needed to go through the path he took but man. Too bad he went through the issues he had & he couldn't get it right here,

Kassian played over 14:00 min. last night & Cagguila & himself had more ice time than Eberle.

I believe he plays a big role on the PK & plays on the 3rd line with Cagguilla & Letestu. :rolleyes:

Drake Caggiula Mark Letestu Zack Kassian 

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/03/14/kassian-loving-his-new-life-with-the-oilers

After 198 games in the NHL, it didn’t really look like making it to the 200 mark was going to happen for Zack Kassian.

Too many wrong turns in life left him at rock bottom, with his future in the NHL very much in doubt.

Now, as he hits the 300 mark – 102 of them with the Edmonton Oilers – life is good.

“Peter Chiarelli gave me the opportunity to come here and I wanted to prove him right,” said Kassian, who always wears one of the biggest smiles in the dressing room, although not so much on the ice. “I’m always happy. It’s the NHL. Whether it’s Game 1 or Game 300, I’m still happy coming to the rink every day. I’m still blessed. It’s a privilege to play in this league.”

Kassian’s had a few stumbles along the way, both in Vancouver and in Montreal, where he wore out his welcome and ended up in the NHL’s substance abuse program before playing a single game for the Canadiens. But he’s been everything the Oilers hoped he would be, and more, since coming to Edmonton in what turned out to be a rather lopsided deal for Ben Scrivens.

“There’s been a lot of ups and downs, a couple of half seasons,” said the 26-year-old winger. “But all in all, I’ve found my spot on this team, I fit in well. I love the role I’m in and that’s important.”

Trading for a guy who’d just come out of rehab seemed risky at the time, but Kassian turned out to be exactly what the Oilers needed and remains one of the big reasons they can roll into any building in the league like they own the place.

Sure, every once in a while the wires touch and he’ll take a bad penalty, but as any coach will tell you, they’d rather have a guy who has to be pulled back than one who has to be pushed forward.

“He brings a lot of energy and excitement,” said teammate and friend Pat Maroon. “When he walks in the room, there’s a lot more life, everyone is talking to him and laughing with him. Those are the guys you need and want on your team.

“And then he goes out there every night and wears his heart on his sleeve. He works his ass off. He’s sticking up for his teammates, hitting guys, getting in guys’ faces, getting in on the forecheck, moving his feet and taking pucks wide.

“He has skill, too. A lot of people underestimate him, but he has a lot of skill. He’s a great leadership guy, he knows what it takes to get to the playoffs and to be in the type of situation we’re in right now.”

One way or the other, you notice Kassian virtually every night

Seems like anytime I say anything on this forum now the bull$&!# admins that started over the past few years lock it. Or the kid crybaby fans say I'm trolling.  But whatever I like to speak my mind.  Kassian was messed up but he had the Sedins and a half wanting to be here Kessler as mentors. Do you really think that would unleash the player he can be. No. I said it before I say it again. You want to win playoff hockey which we aren't close to even getting into. You need to be a fighter, heart determination. Kill to win. Sedins never had that. Not in there nature. Management failed to see that or at least properly make the changes needed. I truly think Kessler saw that. That's why he wanted it. This guy loved the city before. Sedins elder weak. These are $&!#ty mentors 

2 minutes ago, nitti999 said:

Seems like anytime I say anything on this forum now the bull$&!# admins that started over the past few years lock it. Or the kid crybaby fans say I'm trolling.  But whatever I like to speak my mind.  Kassian was messed up but he had the Sedins and a half wanting to be here Kessler as mentors. Do you really think that would unleash the player he can be. No. I said it before I say it again. You want to win playoff hockey which we aren't close to even getting into. You need to be a fighter, heart determination. Kill to win. Sedins never had that. Not in there nature. Management failed to see that or at least properly make the changes needed. I truly think Kessler saw that. That's why he wanted it. This guy loved the city before. Sedins elder weak. These are $&!#ty mentors 

I like to get buzzed too.

Seems that every team won the trade but Vancouver.

Buffalo got a good year from Hodgson and even if they bought him out after it made the team bad enough to get Eichel 

Montreal got a 5th round pick and gave up a player who looks like is in a decline 

Edmonton Kassian is able to blossom into a solid physical player and contributes to the team.

Vancouver lost a 5th round pick, lost Kassian, lost Hodgson and dropped in the draft lottery last year. Prust turned out to be a disaster for the team.

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Seems that every team won the trade but Vancouver.

Buffalo got a good year from Hodgson and even if they bought him out after it made the team bad enough to get Eichel 

Montreal got a 5th round pick and gave up a player who looks like is in a decline 

Edmonton Kassian is able to blossom into a solid physical player and contributes to the team.

Vancouver lost a 5th round pick, lost Kassian, lost Hodgson and dropped in the draft lottery last year. Prust turned out to be a disaster for the team.

What does Hodgson have to do with eichel?

What does prust/kassian have to do with last years draft lottery?

Kassian provided toughness and physicality to the Canucks for 4 years never making more than 1.75/year. 

Hodgson had 1 good season with the sabers before they realized his offensive ability doesn't make up for his defensive flaws. He was often a 4th line defensive liability who wasn't scoring hitting or winning face offs. Making 4.25/year. So unworthy of that contract that he was bought out. 

Kassian is still an effective nhl player on a playoff team. 

According to hockey DB Hodgson isn't playing pro hockey...

I doubt that the defenseman the Habs selected with the 5th (casey staum) will ever play a game in the NHL for the Canadiens so that point is moot.

Montreal traded Kass to Edmonton for scrivins after the car accident incident. Scrivins played 15 games for the Canadiens winning 5 and now resides in the Khl. 

So yeah out of the 5 teams that were involved with these 2 players 1 came out with a win and 4 came out with a loss. Canucks Didn't win or lose more than montreal Buffalo or nashville.

Archived