The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian for Hodgson now ?

Guest Cuporbust2

Remember people, we saw this Kassian as well

There were nights he dropped my jaw with a Sedin-like pass, Kassian was mis-cast when he came here, we were told he was a "Dirty goal" Power forward, not true

He was a sublime play-maker and a Raffi Torres like bowling ball hitter very unique skill set

But the Canucks pressured the media not to report on what he did after hours, though  was well known to all, he was getting close to having legal problems so when things didn't change after one rehab stint, he was given to Montreal

His personal situation can't be blamed on anyone, those things have a life of their own and as the old saying goes" "When do you stop having sex with an 800 pound gorrilla?.....when the Gorilla says your done"

However, I do recall him being here at the hight of this team's "All in a day's work" era (post 2011) I hated that era, though skill was allowed, it was such a restrictive controlled on ice environment (Kelser gets the puck-skates it into the zone-takes a shot-goalie covers-Sedins for the O zone F.O- Either Sedins score or puck leaves zone-Kessler back on the ice-rinse and repeat) Zack was a wild card on a team that didn't want any wild cards, I don't think he had any party buddies on the team either so he never had anyone put the brakes on him when he went out, just hangers-on who didn't want him to stop buying the booze and drugs.

Edmonton is a throw back team, like Zack is a throwback player, they roll like it's 1988, it's all skill and toughness over there, and creativity with players who are allowed to be creative, they have a system, their forwards backcheck like crazy (Unlike the Hall lead Oilers), but once they get the puck back it's part time, you can tell the players love it there, watching the games I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a team look like they were having that much fun, they are as charged up as their fans, it's a beautiful thing to watch, and Zack fits right in on a team like that, our team was anti-emotion, the Oilers are all about "feeling it" even the coach sounds different, McClelland sound like a coach in a movie sometimes, it's great, it's what hockey was meant to be, a wild game played by wild men,

And Zack is nothing if not a wild man, 

With the gigawatt energy that team is generating this post season, I would not at all be shocked to see them in the final, and with Mc David who know what could happen from there, anyway you slice it Zack Kassian and the Oilers are a breath of fresh air in a stuffy NHL that would rather debate suspension lengths than entertain it's fans.

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

What does Hodgson have to do with eichel?

Hodgson was supposed to be the team's top 1st or 2nd line center. He didn't pan out which caused Buffalo to drop to last place and get the 2nd overall pick in the McDavid draft.

If Vancouver get the 1st and 2nd pick last year's draft I would have said Vancouver got something.

As it stands in the Hodgson transaction Vancouver is the only team that didn't get anything positive about it.

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Hodgson was supposed to be the team's top 1st or 2nd line center. He didn't pan out which caused Buffalo to drop to last place and get the 2nd overall pick in the McDavid draft.

If Vancouver get the 1st and 2nd pick last year's draft I would have said Vancouver got something.

As it stands in the Hodgson transaction Vancouver is the only team that didn't get anything positive about it.

Oh hey sweet then we got virtanen and Juolevi because of Hodgson too!

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Kassian definately had a better season this year than PRUST>>>>>

What a frickin  TERRIBLE trade  JB pulled off.  

Keep in mind Kassian was doing drugs before and it took a stint in Montreal to turn things around.

There's no telling if he would have ever played like he is now had he stayed.

So, given the circumstance, I'd say no, it wasn't a bad trade trading away a druggie for Prust.

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Well Kassian followed that trade up by crashing his truck and heading to rehab again, but let's just ignore that part right? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

It was an awesome trade, move a guy more into coke than hockey and get a hockey player back... simple. Have you ever been an employer? Would you be interested in a coke head instead of a bona fide worker?

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well Kassian followed that trade up by crashing his truck and heading to rehab again, but let's just ignore that part right? :rolleyes:

Guy had two ladies in the truck with him & one of them was driving - (that's one thing I may never accomplish in my bucket list if you know what I mean :P)...

Still can't believe that bone head Jimbo added a 4th... T_T 

Jimbo didn't want MGs boy to succeed here... Had Gillis been here, I think he would have focused more on Zack and he'd be a successful Canuck. 

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Guy had two ladies in the truck with him & one of them was driving - (that's one thing I may never accomplish in my bucket list if you know what I mean :P)...

Allegedly one of them was driving. 

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

Still can't believe that bone head Jimbo added a 4th... T_T 

Jimbo didn't want MGs boy to succeed here... Had Gillis been here, I think he would have focused more on Zack and he'd be a successful Canuck. 

Well Zack didn't succeed in Montreal either...

36 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well Zack didn't succeed in Montreal either...

Meh... True... I guess he really needed the "last straw" to realize. 

There's no guarantee MG and co could have made it happen here. 

I was really, really upset when Jim Benning traded Kassian..... Now me, a 47 year Canuck fan am becoming an Oilers and Leafs fan!

Watching the playoffs, it is obvious that the Canucks could not compete!!!

Brain dead management supporters can hate me all they want, but really how obvious does it need to be that Trevor and Jim don't have a clue!!

'

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Meh... True... I guess he really needed the "last straw" to realize. 

There's no guarantee MG and co could have made it happen here. 

To be fair, he's had more than a "last straw" in this league. He's been incredibly lucky to have this chance given his history. I'm actually glad to see he's making an impact, even if it's still a small sample size and it's on Edmonton and not here. I think if he shows he can be consistent and stay in this league, it'll be a great story in the end.

11 hours ago, Davathor said:

Ugh

kassian has one good game and he's lucic 2.0 again

sometimes I really despise this forum and Canuck fans

y'all don't mind if I hop on the old Oiler band wagon for a bit, do ya?

Archived