The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 on 0 or penalty shot?

250Integra

So a lot of you like players that exploit loopholes? Did you like it when MG exploit the CBA to sign Luongo to his contract?

Personally, I would prefer a player on my team that make the highlight reel stopping a 2-0 breakaway ... not being on Youtube by knocking the goal off the post.

So a lot of you like players that exploit loopholes? Did you like it when MG exploit the CBA to sign Luongo to his contract?

Personally, I would prefer a player on my team that make the highlight reel stopping a 2-0 breakaway ... not being on Youtube by knocking the goal off the post.

Call it exploiting loopholes, or call it using the rules to their full extent. The purists wouldn't like it, but hockey is a business, and if it helped the Canucks win a cup (or this junior team win) then I doubt you'd be crying foul.

Call it exploiting loopholes, or call it using the rules to their full extent. The purists wouldn't like it, but hockey is a business, and if it helped the Canucks win a cup (or this junior team win) then I doubt you'd be crying foul.

Nope ... if a team won the Cup on a play like that, I'd put an asterisk beside the win ... wouldn't be proud of that at all.

That was a Peewee league move.

Gary suitcase smith did that back in the day. Canucks were up by a goal with a short time left. Canucks were two men short. He was under an unreal ammount of pressure and was stopping everything when he put his back under the crossbar and lifted the net off to stop the play. He got a penalty which didnt matter because they were two men down already. They won the game.

Seemed like a big deal at the time.

Nope ... if a team won the Cup on a play like that, I'd put an asterisk beside the win ... wouldn't be proud of that at all.

That was a Peewee league move.

It is sad that you think this way, that someone using their smarts to win is somehow inferior to someone using their athleticism to win.

Archived