The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is most frustrating about this team?

Outsiders

in a 7 to 1 game thats just immature running around losing your cool. Didn't even notice him till that point in the game, where was he leading them before? Not saying he isn't a good leader or anything, but I think what you are talking about just shows frustration and immaturity, rather than leadership.

I respectfully disagree. It started before the game was out of hand and possibly helped turn the momentum for awhile. It's like a fighter who tries to spark his team. He wasn't head hunting or taking cheap shots just playing a hard, physical game. Nothing immature about that...and if your leaders aren't frustrated when losing, you have a problem with your leadership.

I would say the most frustrating thing about the Canucks the last few years has been the tendency of a lot of our players to lose focus during a game and get a bit nonchalant in their play and get burnt by hungry well coached teams... Gotta play 60 minutes.

This has been going on for more than just a couple of years. Probably since Linden was dethroned of his Captaincy. It seems like when the team got more finesse they decided that they did not need to play a full "60 minutes" anymore, game in and game out.

The only thing that has ever frustrated me about this franchise has been it's draft record over the years and that seems like it has finally started to turn the corner (long may it last please). As for our positional deficiencies, I don't think we can really complain. For the better part of the last decade they've been pretty competitive and we finally were rewarded with elite level goaltending that had avoided us for the first 30 years of the franchise. And as for our fans, they are no better or worse than any other fanbase in the game.

-Vrbata being a great scorer some nights, dissappearing on others -Depth on defence -Waiting! lol, I know the Canucks are in a transition phase over the next few seasons, and I think it is the wait that gets frustrating sometimes. The Sedins and other vets are going to be leaving us over the next couple of years, and as of yet we have some really good players among our prospects, however as of yet no marquee star. Otherwise, great start to the season. And the team of Linden, WD, and Benning somes like a solid group that is on the same page.

I think the puck possession game that we saw earlier in the season is no where to be seen in the last two games. It might be for a strategic reason, a system that the coaching staff employs against the good teams like Anaheim, LA, or San Jose. But still, Anaheim game was frustrating to watch. San Jose game was a lot better but still, the puck possession game has sort of disappeared. Is the second line's struggle due to the team employing more defensively structured game?

Anyways, if LA game is going to be like the Anaheim game, it will be tough to watch. I don't mind the team playing more defensively structured game as long as we get the win and play like we did against San Jose rather than against Anaheim.

Even the Canucks own sports reporters can't get it right.

The "dog days" article says we are the same as last year: 43 points in 35 games.

I believe we have 45 points in 35 games to end 2014 (right now).
I also believe there is no chance Willie let's us slide like last year....
Other then "know it all's" getting it wrong, there is nothing wrong with this team that Willie can't fix.

Even the Canucks own sports reporters can't get it right.

The "dog days" article says we are the same as last year: 43 points in 35 games.

I believe we have 45 points in 35 games to end 2014 (right now).
I also believe there is no chance Willie let's us slide like last year....
Other then "know it all's" getting it wrong, there is nothing wrong with this team that Willie can't fix.

I agree. WD's strong leadership won't let that happen. I don't see him blowing his stack and attacking any one any time soon. This also is a different team from the one last year. I don't think they'll let it happen to themselves.

There's a big picture and a clear plan from ownership right through to the janitor. The plan and commitment has been made public without hesitation.

WD is the boss!

If you compare the Canucks to a team like Calgary, you would see that this team lacks a hunger to score. The Flames are a team that I hate profusely, but even I am willing to admit that they are relentless in their play.

Take the Arizona game with a grain of salt. They are a 13th place team for a reason, not to mention how bad Smith has been this year.

I expect more leadership and desire from Hank and Danny. No more waiting for the PP or overtime, it's time to start scoring 5 on 5.

No more excuses. You didn't see Sakic or Yzerman complain when they had injured teammates. Great teams expect success even under adversity. That's what makes them great.

Right now the Canucks are a PP team. If their PP scores, they usually win. If not, there aren't enough goals 5 on 5

to win most nights. In this sense, they are a lot like last year.

Totally agree!

Archived