The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] The Bruins wouldn't really trade Lucic... Would they?

Lucic

1.64 pp60 this year 10.8 hitsp60

2.55 pp60 last year (with 71 giveaways -38 turnovers btw!)

Kassian

1.35pp60 this year (9.7 hitsp60)

1,85pp60 last year

Third line minutes for Kassian though - with pretty comparable underlying numbers.

At this point I'd rather stick with the younger Kassian, at the fraction of the cap hit - and take our chances that he closes the production gap. Is Lucic going to remain a 60 point player? Have to wonder if their depth slips whether Lucic does as well.

He'd be hated in the locker room before even coming, Miller, Burrows, Bieksa, etc. Could change though.

Doesn't matter. Unless it's Bertuzzi and Moore playing on the same team, players will forgive players, learn to live with it, and like it. Look at Kesler in Anaheim. Perry and him both used to hate one another but have gotten over it and became good friends.

Doesn't matter. Unless it's Bertuzzi and Moore playing on the same team, players will forgive players, learn to live with it, and like it. Look at Kesler in Anaheim. Perry and him both used to hate one another but have gotten over it and became good friends.

Bingo. Must guys that overhype this "he hates him and won't like to play with him" have never played a competitive game in their life.

That'll never happen. Chiarelli has shown interest in Kass and he'd be a must have if Luc was coming back out way.

And real talk, even with Milan's contract, when he has his off days, it's the equivalent to Kassian's good days. That's how big of a difference there is between the two. Kassian has potential but he's only shown flashes and has shown more inconcsistency than anything as well as he's been coming along. Then if you get Luc and cuts his slack and picks up his game, you've fleeced the Bruins big time. I'd do it honestly, get a package together. Kassian+Bieksa+Shinkaruk or something along those lines. Bruins get a project replacement for losing Lucic, a physical top 4 dman which they need and fits their culture, and a prospect. And with JB's relationship, Chiarelli might be cool with something understandable like this and not ask for too much.

The best case scenario is Boston buys him out and we sign him for half of that salary lol. Anyways i think a change of scenery and a different conference + playing in his hometown might just be what he needs to get his game back on track.

Then make a trade for Prout so he and Miller and Lucic will be bust buds on the team :bigblush:

Bingo. Must guys that overhype this "he hates him and won't like to play with him" have never played a competitive game in their life.

true.

I remember when Clowe publicly said that he hated the Canucks. Called out Bieksa for being a spotpicker and said he hated Lapierre even when they were teammates.

Funny thing is a few years later he said that he wanted to play for the Canucks.

Umm no thanks. Sure on paper he is the player we could use and the type of player Kassian is expected to be (from the fans). But he is too dirty, can't take a hit or lose a fight without getting all whiny about it. No thanks - not to mention there is 'bad blood' between Lucic and Vancouver.

Would this not be a Mark Messier situation again? I think it may be, maybe not to the extent that, that was but still.

PS. On a side note: people should not give up on Kassian so easy. He has been pretty good this season despite his stats. That 3rd line truly has been incredible, Kassian I think is/has been a big reason for that. He will start getting those points up now, he's had a injury riddled season thus far - much like Burrows last year took him what 50-60 games or something to score his first?

I cant see any scenario that we get Lucic without giving up on Kassian. But Id be just fine with something along the lines of:

Kassian

Higgins

Shinkaruk

2015 1st

for

Lucic

Khoklachev

Morrow

That's an AWESOME trade

For Boston

They get a potential top 6 offensive player, a Lucic comparable player who they'll slot in immediately next to Krejci or Bergeron AND a 1st in this ridiculously deep draft where we could still drop to the top 10 draft position AND over $3.8 million in cap space

And we get a....uhhmmm.....we get....A russian version of Shinkaruk that still needs some work, Morrow who may or may not be a top 4 d man (most likely a 5-6) and Lucic who is currently putting up 3rd line numbers or less at $6 million a year. Oh adn we gain a few million more in cap and get the subsequent headaches that go with it

I'm gonna say no for now but anything could change on this matter

As long as we've got Miller I doubt Lucic is an option. I'm not keen on gambling with assets for him anyway. We're finally building a decent prospect pool and who knows if and how he'll rebound. No thanks.

Great ayers seldom fade away. I'd take an off year from Lucic in order to secure his services.

I find it I teresting that Benning leaves, Lucic has a bad season.

As long as Lucic keeps lowering his value on the market and Benning goes for him, I'm a happy guy.

As for Miller/Lucic, players are grown men. Players forgive and forget. Small town Vancouver doesn't.

I'd trade kassian and Higgins and a 2nd for lucic but they aren't getting any first round picks. We need a number 1 dman more then a lucic

I agree, but if a team can get a Lucic, that team should definitely pull the trigger.

Archived