The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen is breaking his hands of stone

Everybody Hates Raymond

Was just looking through his stats today, and wow - he's on pace for his best season in terms of goal scoring yet, far and away.

Currently, he's sitting at 10 goals and 8 assists. That's in 44 games, putting him on pace for around 19 goals and 15 assists. That'd be his best season yet - and that's with him jumping between the forth and third lines the majority of the season.

Comparably, last year, Hansen finished with 11 goals and 9 assists. He's pretty much at the same point after 44 games this year, as he was after 71 last year!

However, he's not on pace for his best overall season - with 2011-12 leading the pack, thanks to his 16 goals and 23 assists that season.

However, it does go to show that Hansen is finally chiseling away at those hands of stone and figuring out how to pot it more often. Here's hoping he picks up the pace in the second half of the season and can break 20!

Go Canucks Go

I loved the guy from day one. Not much of a scorer, but what 9th rounder is? He's got breakaway speed, has some toughness, is good on the pk, and is a good teammate, always ready to accept the low-rewards role he's in. He's also one of the only truly fast forwards we have at the moment. But the shot? Was never there.

Last 10 gp: 1g, 2a, 8pim, even.

A lot of people here had him as kind of the odd man out going in to the season. Myself included. He suffered through some injuries last year, and I thought he had lost a step and some of his badger-ness, but he's come back this year really strong. Huge part of the PK, and really brings something more than just time off the clock to that 4th line.

Another guy Torts hated on openly, who's responded to a different coaching approach.

Was just looking through his stats today, and wow - he's on pace for his best season in terms of goal scoring yet, far and away.

Currently, he's sitting at 10 goals and 8 assists. That's in 44 games, putting him on pace for around 19 goals and 15 assists. That'd be his best season yet - and that's with him jumping between the forth and third lines the majority of the season.

Comparably, last year, Hansen finished with 11 goals and 9 assists. He's pretty much at the same point after 44 games this year, as he was after 71 last year!

However, he's not on pace for his best overall season - with 2011-12 leading the pack, thanks to his 16 goals and 23 assists that season.

However, it does go to show that Hansen is finally chiseling away at those hands of stone and figuring out how to pot it more often. Here's hoping he picks up the pace in the second half of the season and can break 20!

Go Canucks Go

Well it never really mattered to me if he scored many goals on not as he delevoped to help shut down the leagues best, Hanny's worth his weight in gold! Helps when there's scoring down the sheet on different nights when our 1 line gets shut down by having a "human" night or 2... he's our number 2 spark plug usually too... love how he hits and his effort kicks (_l_) !!!!! If we traded hanny i'd be PISSED for that very reason, we love our dane! just the way it is! goals are great but heart... well ya know... (likin the goals though!!!)

Love that 4th line(I know, no labelling, right WD?)

But how 'bout?..

Matthias-Richardson-Hansen

Higgins-Horvat-Dorsett

-split the righties & lefties.

-Hansen's speed with Matty's?

-Tell Higgins to simply check. Seems he's forgotten other requirements.

I kind of like those line combos. And choose three of Kassian, Vey, Bonino, and Burrows to form a second line.

Hansen has four breakaway goals this season (one on an empty net).

Frankly, I don't care if he misses a few of them because he's the only player on the team that can consistently generate them.

I can't bring myself to upvote Brad Marchand, but I fully agree and you deserve one!

One of the reasons i couldnt stand tortorella is his treatment of hansen. What a way to treat a guy who is game in and game out one of our hardest workers.

Shows how stupid the man was as a coach. Hansen is my favorite canuck and i cant believe cdcers continually want to trade him away. He cant be replaced by anyone on the farm. No reason to get rid of him. He isnt and never has been part of any problems weve had.

Love that 4th line(I know, no labelling, right WD?)

But how 'bout?..

Matthias-Richardson-Hansen

Higgins-Horvat-Dorsett

-split the righties & lefties.

-Hansen's speed with Matty's?

-Tell Higgins to simply check. Seems he's forgotten other requirements.

3 guys who consistently get breakaways on one line.

3 guys who consistently crash the net on the other.

I like it.

A lot of people here had him as kind of the odd man out going in to the season. Myself included. He suffered through some injuries last year, and I thought he had lost a step and some of his badger-ness, but he's come back this year really strong. Huge part of the PK, and really brings something more than just time off the clock to that 4th line.

Another guy Torts hated on openly, who's responded to a different coaching approach.

As did I. I hadn't written him off, just figured we'd be better served by trading him. Glad we didn't, I love the guy.

Archived