The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens acquire Smith-Pelly from Ducks for Jiri Sekac

elchupacabra

DSP has had a rough year. I've never been high on the guy, or any of the highly touted Ducks prospects (Rackell, Etem) for that matter, and feel he'll just wind up as a 3rd line checker.

Sekac has some nice, creative offense, but his numbers aren't much better than DSP's numbers.

It's a fair deal right now, and the further development of the players will determine a possible winner.

DSP has had a rough year. I've never been high on the guy, or any of the highly touted Ducks prospects (Rackell, Etem) for that matter, and feel he'll just wind up as a 3rd line checker.

Sekac has some nice, creative offense, but his numbers aren't much better than DSP's numbers.

It's a fair deal right now, and the further development of the players will determine a possible winner.

I think, at this moment, Anaheim has won the trade, especially if Sekac gets top-line time. But if DSP can prove he was worth it, it could end up as an equal deal.

Has there ever been 2 blacks on one NHL team? Hockey isnt played in African American neighbourhoods, or India or Asia.

Immigration has increased and they all move to the city, and think oh look all these Canadians play hockey, wow

Internet Poochies, so touchy about every little thing. they just sit and wait for something controversial to

complain about. 2 blacks on one team, I don't think I've seen that before. Where the Orientals at?

Grier and Laroque

Pretty similar offensive numbers this season, both are 22, DSP brings toughness, Sekac brings speed, this trade is a wash and good hockey trade for both teams. Montreal needed a lot more grit, the Ducks were getting a bit sluggish and need some speed.

My only concern is that DSP has pretty much plateaued developmental-wose whereas Sekac's potential ceiling is much higher, and Bergevin should have asked for a pick as well to compensate for that.

Skill for brawn. I like this from Montreal's side. They get a great playoff style that compliments their roster perfectly. Same number of points, but DSP is bigger.

Skill for brawn AND skill

Devante getting slept on on CDC right now

one of my buddy is a die hard habs fan. when i talked to him about this trade he wasn't surprised at all. he said there were some frictions between Sekac and Pletkanec in the locker room. So i guess Bergevin didn't hesitate to much to pull that trigger to end this issue.

I saw Sekac played. he has amazing hands and tremendous creativity. If he start to be a lil' bit lucky no doubt he will find the back of the net way more and could do some damage with anaheim. which is a problem for us.

Yup - classic Habs fan rumours

a-MNVcWe_normal.jpegTony Marinaro @TonyMarinaro · 6h6 hours ago

SEKAC report of rift w/PLEKANEC is FALSE. When report came out Plekanec was at Sekac's house & they were playing XBOX. They are best friends

Interesting hockey trade. Quite even. I give the Habs the slight edge - I like it from their standpoint, and would rather face Sekac tbh - makes the Habs a little harder to play against, and the Ducks a bit softer.

I quite like this deal - I like the Habs and don't care for Disneyhockey - and I think the Habs will come out on top of this one.

Archived