The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning: Trade Deadline Press Conference & TSN1040 interview

TheRussianRocket.

i'm glad to hear him say higgins is glue on this team..i agree with that and is one of the reasons that he is my favorite player..

i don't see them moving higgins, richardson, burrows and matthias until, players come along that can move them off the team.

they won't push virtanen, mccann, shinkaruk or jensen onto the team before they are ready...i respect and accept his decisions.

he sure knows more about hockey than i do.

most of them will be gone by draft day I think

I think the past couple playoff exists have really damaged the general canucks fan base's understanding of the Stanley Cup playoffs, and how theyre won.

When youre in the playoffs, whoever is bigger on paper,

Whoever had more points in the REG S. None of thats important as long as you have a smart gameplan and youre willing to work hard for your teammates, which is exactly what weve got. A hard working team that wants to win and a coach that has proven to me in my opinion that he knows what hes doing and how to approach other great teams.

St louis? We can beat them.

Chicago? Damn rights, history literally throws stats out the window (anyone else praying for a nucks/hawks round 1?)

La... Theyre due to be surprised at some point, we used to light quick up, plus the teams motivated to beat them.

Wether we win the SCF or lose in the first round, we need to make the playoffs this year and prove that were not an old dog that needs to be taken out back and shot.

Go Canucks.

I hope the Canucks do make the playoffs and I think the Canucks would put up a tough series for any Western Conference powerhouse..Although,even the most optimistic fan would have a hard time believing we could beat St Louis in a best of seven.

I hope the Canucks do make the playoffs and I think the Canucks would put up a tough series for any Western Conference powerhouse..Although,even the most optimistic fan would have a hard time believing we could beat St Louis in a best of seven.

Wed need our key players big time, ideally the ones who played when we swept the blues out of the first round. (Burrows, Bieksa)

St. Louis is one of the few teams i believe the canucks could beat in a best of seven atm. Yesterdays game did not change that opinion for me. They just dont seem to be able to pull off wins against us no matter how bad we play.

He may not be the most eloquent speaker, sure. On the other hand, Tortorella could put together a great sentence, but he still had weak communication skills or at least refused to use them in a constructive way. This is a guy that never spoke to our minor league coach once and pissed off a lot of other people.

Exactly. I love the guy. Not a smooth talking lawyer. It's a nice change. Ask a question he actually gives an answer ( unlike others we booted outa here )

Yeah to your last point, I think his lack of smooth talking actually helps the fans there as well. Since he's not so great at acting his way out of a question, he's pretty much forced to just say what he's thinking that second.

I, for one, am very excited about Baertschi. We are always begging for someone who has potential to become a top 6 guy some day. He has a huge chance to be that guy here. He's got the talent. I think this is gonna end up being a very significant move in a couple years.

I feel like we now have two thirds of a potential first line in the future with baertschi and virtanen. Still dunno who well centre them cause I think horvat isn't quite that guy (though he's fantastic, he's more the Bergeron-kes type while we still need the Henrik-krejci type)

Archived