The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do when Miller returns from injury

It_all_began_In_1970

If Lack can regularly play at the level he's capable of for the remainder of the season then I think you just continue riding him until it seems it's time to hand the reins back to Miller, assuming he's had a reasonable amount of time to practice and shake off as much rust as he can.

Lacks had a couple of great games and a couple of stinkers as well. I love him but he's our backup. No controversy, it's just what it is.

He goes back to his role as back up giving up his temporary role as starter playing in 1 out of every 5 or so games.

He's shown a lot of growth carrying the load this year as opposed to his abysmal performance last season. In another year or so he may actually be ready for a permanent starter role.

Lacks had a couple of great games and a couple of stinkers as well. I love him but he's our backup. No controversy, it's just what it is.

He goes back to his role as back up giving up his temporary role as starter playing in 1 out of every 5 or so games.

He's shown a lot of growth carrying the load this year as opposed to his abysmal performance last season. In another year or so he may actually be ready for a permanent starter role.

The issue I have is the time off for Miller. It's tough to throw him back in net after five or six weeks off.

Eddie played great vs. the Islander and the Bruins. He played well vs. the Sharks in relief for Markstrom, was phenomenal over certain stretches vs. the Coyotes (esp. in OT when the Canucks were gift wrapping a win to the 'yotes) and he had his moments of brilliance last night vs. the Sharks.

But, even though he's finding ways to keep the puck out and getting some help from his d-men when the puck gets by him, it looks like he's fighting the puck right now. He's not absorbing and trapping the pucks and there seems to be an inordinate amount of second and third chances for the opposing teams.

He's looked like a good back up trying to find his way too often for me to give him the keys to the goal crease on a permanent basis. So, I would go with Miller when he's back.

Oh geezus. Are we seriously that hard up for a manufactured goalie controversy here?!

A few weeks ago people were claiming Miller was the reason we're winning games and now people are claiming Lack will be the reason we make the playoffs. You people do realize those skaters aren't just for show, right?

There is no controversy here. Miller is our starter, so when he returns he gets his net back. Lack is a very good backup who may be our starter in the not so distant future but for now he is still the backup. A few good games does not change that.

We should just consider ourselves lucky that we have such a good backup we can actually depend on when he's in net and a TEAM that's playing well together.

Easy.

1.You send down Markstrom.

2. Eddie Lack rests, becomes our backup again.

3. You go with Miller on a nightly basis since he's our starting goalie.

4.????

5. No goalie controversy.

That wasn't so hard now was it?

Eddie has clearly made the jump to starter material. The biggest difference is his mental toughness. Watching last night , him getting run over by winggles , getting scored on twice then keeping his composure and coming back with a 38 save performance for the win proved to me he has made that step. He has been crazy impressive.

Every goaltender unravels now and again , but he's proven he has it mentally to push through and be a starter

Archived