The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ Speculation of Possibilities] Canucks potential trade destination for Evgeni Malkin

Hamhuis + Vrbata + Shinkaruk + Hansen + Markstrom + 1st

for

Malkin + Pouliot + 2nd

Would be fair and probably set Pitts up for a cup run next year, but I doubt most teams value Shinkaruk or Markstrom the way we do. Shink would be awesome with Pitts... Markie could push Fleury during the season. But no, won't look good enough on paper so they won't do it.

LOL seriously? I mean, Rutherford is dumb, but he's not THAT dumb. The best asset in this deal is Malkin. The 2nd best asset in this deal is Pouliot. Table scraps won't get the deal done. It doesn't look good on paper, because it's not good, period.

What do you think would be proper value for Malkin?

Something like this?

2015 1st, McCann, Bonino, Tanev, Vrbata

for

Malkin

Not saying that I would do it, just trying to estimate what potential offer would actually entice the Pens.

if you want to 'entice' the pens, i think your going to have to try a little harder than that

Hamhuis + Vrbata + Shinkaruk + Hansen + Markstrom + 1st

for

Malkin + Pouliot + 2nd

Would be fair and probably set Pitts up for a cup run next year, but I doubt most teams value Shinkaruk or Markstrom the way we do. Shink would be awesome with Pitts... Markie could push Fleury during the season. But no, won't look good41-1318

6047105369 enough on paper so they won't do it.

Love it

Okay, would this be enough to "entice" them?

2015 1st, 2016 1st, Bo Horvat, Alex Edler, Radim Vrbata

for

Malkin

I posted a sample of what i think it could take in the Realistic value for Malkin thread.

I believe it was

Sedin Sedin [4 mill retained]

Bo

Virtanen

1st

Obviously Sedins and Malkins would both have to waive to go. Sedins waiving to go anywhere is hardly realistic.

I dont think the Canucks would/ should do that, but adding a 28 year old surefire HOFer is a little more expensive than I think most nux fans would care to imagine...especially when he hasnt demanded out or done anything that seriously damages his value

If Pitts was going to move Malkin I think it would be to a different team in a much different type of deal.

No team could beat Sedin Sedin virtanen, Horvat, 1st because that absolute destroys out present and future no team would ever do a deal like this, Pittsburgh does it in a heart beat and laughs for the next 12 yrs at us- wow some ppl over value players in other teams!

I posted a sample of what i think it could take in the Realistic value for Malkin thread.

I believe it was

Bo

Virtanen

1st

Obviously Sedins and Malkins would both have to waive to go. Sedins waiving to go anywhere is hardly realistic.

I dont think the Canucks would/ should do that, but adding a 28 year old surefire HOFer is a little more expensive than I think most nux fans would care to imagine...especially when he hasnt demanded out or done anything that seriously damages his value

If Pitts was going to move Malkin I think it would be to a different team in a much different type of deal.

Massive overpayment IMHO.

Honestly, to land a franchise centre like Malkin, it would take pieces from the present, the future, and the distant future. Something like:

Tanev, Bonino, Hansen, Virtanen, 1st Rd pick, 2nd Rd pick

Tanev - a very stable top 3 or 4 on most teams in the league

Bonino - a centre with offensive upside and good defensive instincts (they need a centre back for sure)

Hansen - a highly versatile utility forward with speed and some offensive ability --- excellent defensively

Virtanen - a grade-A prospect with size, speed, and tenacity

1st Rd and 2nd Rd picks - assets that could help in the distant future

I'm sure this would have them intrigued. Might still not be enough though considering what teams across the league would offer for Malkin. They'd probably want Vrbata too to offset some of the offence lost.

Bottomline, we couldn't afford to trade for Malkin unless GMJB pulls a rabbit out of the hat and steals him for much less than what he's worth.

Fun to dream though. Having Sedins as the 2nd line behind Malkin would make us an instant contender.

Latest rumour:

Chiarelli looking to make a big off-season splash, will sign RFA Linden Vey to a $3.4million per season offer sheet. Benning likely to decline matching, and will take first and third round picks as compensation.

This a bad joke? Vey proved himself a serviceable NHL player on the right team, but there wasn't much flash to his season at all...

Imagine this one:

To Edm:

Malkin

Maatta

1st

To Pitt:

1st (McDavid)

Crosby mentoring his potential successor? That could be seriously deadly. And honestly if I'm Edmonton I think very long and extremely hard about it.

Crosby mentoring his potential successor? That could be seriously deadly. And honestly if I'm Edmonton I think very long and extremely hard about it.

If I'm Edmonton, I do that deal

Hall Malkin Eberle

Wow!

But you can't trade that pick because Edmonton already is in love with the kid!

Latest rumour:

Chiarelli looking to make a big off-season splash, will sign RFA Linden Vey to a $3.4million per season offer sheet. Benning likely to decline matching, and will take first and third round picks as compensation.

This would be so awesome if it were true. A 1st and 3rd for a guy we acquired for a 2nd that we may not have room for, yes please!!

I believe it was

Bo

Virtanen

1st

This trade feels like it's a Crosby we're trading for. Sedin's are still a top 20 Scorer in the WHOLE LEAGUE, Bo and Virtanen? wow.. talk about set for the present and future. Pit will take the deal without hesitation then laugh at your face.

This trade feels like it's a Crosby we're trading for. Sedin's are still a top 20 Scorer in the WHOLE LEAGUE, Bo and Virtanen? wow.. talk about set for the present and future. Pit will take the deal without hesitation then laugh at your face.

Malkins value isnt too far off Crosbys to be honest. Sedin's are getting older, they could give Pitts a great boost on a 2nd line for the remainder of their contracts, but that's about it. They would largely be included to offset cap and give us a fresh start. Bo looks like he could be an amazing player for us, but he is far from a shoo in perennial all star. His current value isn't as high as posters here would like to think. Not saying that it won't be one day. Virtanen is a great young prospect, but as of now, that's all he is. Lots of 6th overall picks have gone on to do nothing in their NHL careers.

And like I said, once again, I wouldn't do this deal. It's not the right deal for us. But I'm a little tired of reading the same old Raymond, Ballard and 1st type proposals for amazing players.

Archived