The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

From Friedman's 30 thoughts.

2. College signings will dominate much of the player movement over the next few weeks, but it won’t just be free agents. At least two prominent draft picks are expected to join the jamboree. Vancouver’s Brock Boeser (23rd overall, 2015) is coming out, with the only real debate being whether or not he plays NHL games this season. It’s rare a player chooses an AHL tryout over burning a year of their big-league deal, but Zach Werenski did it last season. Lake Erie was a power and won the Calder Cup. AHL Utica is hitting above its weight class this season, battling St. John’s and Toronto for two playoff spots in the North Division. Extended time there is no guarantee. If Boeser wants to play at the highest level, is Vancouver going to say no?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-whats-delaying-nhls-olympic-decision/

4 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

From Friedman's 30 thoughts.

2. College signings will dominate much of the player movement over the next few weeks, but it won’t just be free agents. At least two prominent draft picks are expected to join the jamboree. Vancouver’s Brock Boeser (23rd overall, 2015) is coming out, with the only real debate being whether or not he plays NHL games this season. It’s rare a player chooses an AHL tryout over burning a year of their big-league deal, but Zach Werenski did it last season. Lake Erie was a power and won the Calder Cup. AHL Utica is hitting above its weight class this season, battling St. John’s and Toronto for two playoff spots in the North Division. Extended time there is no guarantee. If Boeser wants to play at the highest level, is Vancouver going to say no?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-whats-delaying-nhls-olympic-decision/

Bob Mackenzie was on 1040 radio this morning saying that it'll depend on what happens in the NCAA playoffs on the weekend of March 24-26th that will determine what Boeser does. If he makes they make the Frozen 4 then he will not be playing NHL games as the NHL season may already be over in which case he will go to Utica for a playoff run, but if they lose the playoffs and aren't going to the Frozen 4 then the Canucks will most likely sign him to get some games in with the big club.

Link to Bob talking about Boeser

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/mckenzie-canucks-prepared-to-burn-a-year-of-boeser-s-contract-1.696109

Edited by Spitfire_Spiky
added link

Just now, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Bob Mackenzie was on 1040 radio this morning saying that it'll depend on what happens in the NCAA playoffs on the weekend of March 24-26th that will determine what Boeser does. If he makes they make the Frozen 4 then he will not be playing NHL games as the NHL season may already be over in which case he will go to Utica for a playoff run, but if they lose the playoffs and aren't going to the Frozen 4 then the Canucks will most likely sign him to get some games in with the big club.

Honestly, I'd be happy with either scenario.

17 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Honestly, I'd be happy with either scenario.

Same here, as long we get him some pro games I'll be happy. I just don't want to see him go back for another year of college hockey because then we'll be dealing with the whole him becoming a free agent talk all year and could potentially lose him Jimmy Vesey style.

52 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Same here, as long we get him some pro games I'll be happy. I just don't want to see him go back for another year of college hockey because then we'll be dealing with the whole him becoming a free agent talk all year and could potentially lose him Jimmy Vesey style.

Pretty sure Boeser would need to go back to school for two more years, not one, to 'pull a Vessey'.

2 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I knew it...  he's still not ready to commit obviously!! Don't get why ppl just pencil him into next season's line up! Or any seasons.... I feel that Dahlen will sign with us first!

What are you talking about?

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Yeah. Hes a mature kid. He doesn't want any distractions around his team.  Having him an A captain start talking about leaving to the media will just distract them from whats important now.  Winning games.  

He is going to sign i have no fear.  We shouldn't be so insecure either.  Makes us look so needy and it makes our market look so unattractive.  It's like having a needy partner who always needs confirmation of your love because they are so insecure.  Lets just let it ride out and enjoy the remaining 11 games :D  oh and of course the Frozen 4 :D

But in reality...  we are super needy though....  no?? I'm pretty sure Ownership is desperate to fill the seats.... getting rid of WD would be the first task this offseason! 

48 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

He could be thinking about going back to UND, but that quote could also be because they're in playoffs and he doesn't want any distractions for himself or his team. Let it play out.

Yeah it's no different than a pro when they are asked about contract extensions.  99% of the time they say "it's not their focus, right now they are just concerned about winning games for team."

• Upvote 3

Does Boeser really want to spend 2 more years not playing pro hockey? 

I doubt it 

he could get a career ending injury at any time and goodbye NHL 

players in the NCAA playoffs hate being asked if they are going to sign after the season because their attention is on their college team. Admitting they are leaving kills the morale completely 

35 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

But in reality...  we are super needy though....  no?? I'm pretty sure Ownership is desperate to fill the seats.... getting rid of WD would be the first task this offseason! 

Don't hold your breath

Seems like he might sign, that's what I would bet on if I had to put money on it, but until pen meets paper who knows for sure.

Hopefully he does, seems like he could be a good player right away. God knows we could definitely use his scoring ability on this team next season. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

our fanbase sure is insecure. lol. 

nothing to see in Brock's comments. He just wants to focus on UND's season, and upcoming games. 

i'm not worried about Brock not signing here. He'll sign :)-_-

BUT WHAT IF HE DOESN'T!? We need to panic now its the only option

• Upvote 1