The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

4 hours ago, Bigturk8 said:

I didn't even know who he was at the time. I was so zoned in on defensman that I was just baffled that we took a winger.

My buddy and I were on a skype call watching the draft together and we were both so confused when JB made the pick. I spent the next 15 minutes going through scouting reports and highlight reels. I remember at the end of my research binge, I said to my buddy that it looked like a really good pick, but before that, he wasn't even on my radar.

I was in the exact same situation. I was so much hoping for Jeremy Roy, and if not him, expecting another defenseman that a forward was a blindside one to me. I'd never heard of Boeser, so I didn't really know what to think. He seemed okay and some fans were happy with the pick, so I decided to just wait it out and hope that JB hadn't made a big mistake.

Turns out, he didn't.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Bigturk8 said:

I didn't even know who he was at the time. I was so zoned in on defensman that I was just baffled that we took a winger.

My buddy and I were on a skype call watching the draft together and we were both so confused when JB made the pick. I spent the next 15 minutes going through scouting reports and highlight reels. I remember at the end of my research binge, I said to my buddy that it looked like a really good pick, but before that, he wasn't even on my radar.

It was funny I remember watching Craig Button's TSN rankings for prospects, and he had actually placed Brock Boeser in the top 15 best draft prospects in the draft.  I remember the consensus on Brock was he ranged from 35-50 overall from The hockey news, sportsnet, espn, and other rankings.  

Gotta say Button was probably the only one I can remember that remotely said Brock Boeser was top 15 worthy.  I remember thinking he was crazy (mainly due to ignorance and not knowing much about Brock Boeser).  I remember during that 30 min segment, he lauded over Boeser like crazy, and I was bewildered.  Button is a bit of nuthead most of the times, but he was spot on with Brock.  

Benning wanted Boeser so bad you could tell haha

JB must've been sweating the whole time til he got to the podium...deep down there was a little kid that really wanted Brock badly haha.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I still am - it wrecks all the "Benning sucks" rhetoric and makes discussions a lot less fun.

Quick! Let's make an impromptu argument!

Erm... umm.... Boeser sucks! Konechy! We should have drafted Konechy! Who cares about what I don't know about?! I only care about what I know about!

Pettersson next perhaps? lol

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 250Integra said:

I remember being baffled at the Bruins picks. I thought for sure Barzal or Connor would be gone.. but their GM had other ideas. 

The Vancouver Canucks facebook account asked everyone what our predictions were, and I predicted that we would either draft Boeser or Juulsen ;) Don't think anybody else in the comments wrote Boeser lol.

Connor, Barzal, Boeser. LW/C/RW. All three Bruins could have drafted. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

It was funny I remember watching Craig Button's TSN rankings for prospects, and he had actually placed Brock Boeser in the top 15 best draft prospects in the draft.  I remember the consensus on Brock was he ranged from 35-50 overall from The hockey news, sportsnet, espn, and other rankings.  

Gotta say Button was probably the only one I can remember that remotely said Brock Boeser was top 15 worthy.  I remember thinking he was crazy (mainly due to ignorance and not knowing much about Brock Boeser).  I remember during that 30 min segment, he lauded over Boeser like crazy, and I was bewildered.  Button is a bit of nuthead most of the times, but he was spot on with Brock.  

Benning wanted Boeser so bad you could tell haha

Button was also the one to pick Boeser as the winner for the Calder prior to this season.

5 hours ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

It really shouldn't make me this happy to see the pitiful attempts at drafting Boston showed in 2015, but I can't help it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

Nearly everyone was baffled at the time, considering the players who were still on the board.  Senyshyn wasn't even rated in the first round... but I guess he skates really fast.  With those three picks they could have rebuilt their team.  Turned it around and established it for the next decade in just 15 minutes.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:
Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports 48m48 minutes ago
MoreTodd Bertuzzi on Boeser on Sportsnet 650 Morning Show : "he has one heck of a frickin release and he has a set of nuggets on him that he goes into the areas where you needs to go to score." #Canucks

15 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Chicken McNuggets?

Bert's Nuggets > Sutter's Balls.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Nearly everyone was baffled at the time, considering the players who were still on the board.  Senyshyn wasn't even rated in the first round... but I guess he skates really fast.  With those three picks they could have rebuilt their team.  Turned it around and established it for the next decade in just 15 minutes.

Instead, they were the laughing stock on the draft floor.... how the mighty have fallen! :lol:

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

What was their plan?

Always look on the brock side of life ~whistle~

181.  Shawn Matthias C 96 21 13 34
182.  Brock Boeser RW 38 20 14 34
183.  Bill Derlago C 63 15 19 34
184.  Al MacAdam LW 80 14 20 34
185.  Wayne Connelly RW 53 14 20 34
186.  Poul Popiel D 116 11 23 34
187.  Vladimir Krutov LW 61 11 23 34
Edited by Wilbur

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Always look on the brock side of life ~whistle~