The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Just once....winning that NCAA free agency for Sikura would be so nice.

Shafted a few years in a row after being rumoured front runners due to family or home plus losing the lottery

Let this be the year. 

Sikura + 1st overall 

Its time

Sikura is this year's Cagguila.  I wouldn't be too worried if we don't land him but happy to have him if we do.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Certainly arguable, sure.

I think the point being that he's unlikely to be 'franchise altering'. Additional, quality depth is always welcome though.

Arguable? You're either underrating Sikura, or overrating Cagguila. Not very many players are "franchise altering." Aston-Reese is another Drake Cagguila, not Sikura. Sikura actually has skill instead of just grit and willpower. He's probably closer to Kerfoot. 

1 hour ago, suitup said:

Arguable? You're either underrating Sikura, or overrating Cagguila. Not very many players are "franchise altering." Aston-Reese is another Drake Cagguila, not Sikura. Sikura actually has skill instead of just grit and willpower. He's probably closer to Kerfoot. 

Jeebus man, I agreed with you. Calm down. You're still ignoring the other posters main point. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Jeebus man, I agreed with you. Calm down. You're still ignoring the other posters main point. 

Apologies, I didn't mean to come across as upset or irritated. I suppose I was just being too straightforward without regard for the tone in the way my point was given. I believe his main point is that there's no huge loss in not being able to sign Sikura right?

I guess it's not something to cry over, but it would be a greater loss than missing out on Cagguila. Gaining a free asset similar to Kerfoot would not only improve our team, but also free up assets to trade for (e.g. Max Domi maybe?). Kerfoot is filling in for Mackinnon, on an Avs team that can potentially be in the playoffs. If Sikura is of a similar quality (combined with Gaudette's potential impact) I would say it's worth being disappointed over (momentarily anyway). 

I could be wrong in Sikura ends up being unable to adapt to the NHL, but he's an enticing piece either way. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, suitup said:

Apologies, I didn't mean to come across as upset or irritated. I suppose I was just being too straightforward without regard for the tone in the way my point was given. I believe his main point is that there's no huge loss in not being able to sign Sikura right?

I guess it's not something to cry over, but it would be a greater loss than missing out on Cagguila. Gaining a free asset similar to Kerfoot would not only improve our team, but also free up assets to trade for (e.g. Max Domi maybe?). Kerfoot is filling in for Mackinnon, on an Avs team that can potentially be in the playoffs. If Sikura is of a similar quality (combined with Gaudette's potential impact) I would say it's worth being disappointed over (momentarily anyway). 

I could be wrong in Sikura ends up being unable to adapt to the NHL, but he's an enticing piece either way. 

I’m a big Sikura fan as well (I think we’ve chatted previously on this). In particular, I value his play driving ability. He’s such a perfect compliment to Gaudette in this area. Adam is no slouch himself, but Sikky has that extra gear when he brings out the feints and dangles and starts weaving his way through multiple defenders. And then Gaudette knows where to go to receive the pass. They’re magic together and I’d love to see them take their show together to the pro ranks. I do think the Canucks have other options in their pool who might be able to fill the same role as Sikura on a future line with Gaudette. But those two already have proven chemistry, and I think their act would continue to play very well in the NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m a big Sikura fan as well (I think we’ve chatted previously on this). In particular, I value his play driving ability. He’s such a perfect compliment to Gaudette in this area. Adam is no slouch himself, but Sikky has that extra gear when he brings out the feints and dangles and starts weaving his way through multiple defenders. And then Gaudette knows where to go to receive the pass. They’re magic together and I’d love to see them take their show together to the pro ranks. I do think the Canucks have other options in their pool who might be able to fill the same role as Sikura on a future line with Gaudette. But those two already have proven chemistry, and I think their act would continue to play very well in the NHL.

Put Jake on their line and create widespread fan happiness?

On 2/6/2018 at 9:09 AM, Hutton Wink said:

Okay, I'll give you the HW Guarantee.  Rollieo will be by shortly with his.  Gold, Jerry!

B)

...Sorry I'm late....

Gaudette will strike you down ...you try to send him down...just ask EP....

Gaudette is already better than Gagner ....send Sammy down before my locks to make the team out of camp next year...AG and EP.

On 2018-02-06 at 5:48 PM, RogersTowell said:

Why is nobody mentioning Kole Lind?

Nice to see the other Canucks prospects listed and most particularly to see Pettersson topping the list.  Kole Lind, however, should probably be mentioned in the same breath as Glass, who's listed at #4 on the list.  Other questions in my mind are how Dahlen beats Demko on that list, in fact, Demko might be the #2 Canucks prospect of the bunch, although Gaudette is doing brilliantly this year as well.  In any case, things are coming along.

I hope Lind keeps getting snubbed. All it seems to do is light a fire under his ass.

• Upvote 2

On 2018-02-04 at 6:12 AM, 73 Percent said:

So you'd be happy with a 5th from let's say the oilers if he signed with them?

No, definitely not but if would at least be a fair way of applying a rule to close down a bit on the loophole.