The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

3 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Love this kid. 2 secondary assists. The only thing I don't like about calling an assist a secondary.  Is Boeser has two secondary assists and they we're totally the reason the Canucks scored.

Exactly!  Often secondary assists come from a great first pass, or freeing up pucks along the walls. 

Curious, how many PP points does he have? It seems like most of his points come from the PP. Not a knock, just wondering. 

Future PP:

Gadjovich at the half wall, Pettersson on the edge of the right faceoff circle. 

Boeser manning the point on the left side, a PMD (praying we get Dahlin for this) on the point, Gaudette in the slot. 

Imagine just getting Dahlin? We'd be scoring power-play goals for days. With Boeser alone we are top 5 in the league.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Curious, how many PP points does he have? It seems like most of his points come from the PP. Not a knock, just wondering. 

Future PP:

Boeser manning the point on the left side, a PMD (praying we get Dahlin for this) on the point, Gaudette in the slot. 

Imagine just getting Dahlin? We'd be scoring power-play goals for days. With Boeser alone we are top 5 in the league.

I imagine Gaudette as the bumper guy and Gadj as the net front presence. Maybe Bo as the bumper if the power play is run off of Boeser’s side but I imagine it would be run off of EP’s (if all goes as planned).

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

Can he reach 60pts? Does anyone know how many games are left in his season?

As far as I know, the remaining schedule is something like this:

- 5 remaining Hockey East games 

- Beanpot final

- Hockey East tournament (technically NU could play anywhere from 2-8 games, depending on final seeding, but likely they play 2-5 games with a first round bye)

- Frozen Four tournament (1-4 games)

So somewhere around 10-15 games remaining, depending on how well they do in the tournaments.

Definitely enough games for Gaudette to break 60 points on the season.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Odd. said:

Future PP:

8 Goals, 14 Assist on the PP. Can find all the stats you would like on this link

http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/filters18.php

12 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

One can dream right?

..and it is most likely that - a dream.

He will be tried out in the NHL, but there are *no* guarantees he will stick whatsoever. I'm excited about him as a prospect - especially considering where he was drafted, but my expectations for him are quite tempered at this point.

53 minutes ago, kloubek said:

He will be tried out in the NHL, but there are *no* guarantees he will stick whatsoever. I'm excited about him as a prospect - especially considering where he was drafted, but my expectations for him are quite tempered at this point.

Okay, I'll give you the HW Guarantee.  Rollieo will be by shortly with his.  Gold, Jerry!

B)

Anybody watch much of Nick Halloran (Colorado College) this season?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=234030

Just becoming more aware of him now as he’s chasing Gaudette for the national scoring lead. Not a tonne of info out there, in terms of articles and highlights, but from limited game video I’ve seen, he looks like an elite skater with good puck skills and a nice shot. Undersized at 5’10” but hardly too small for a speedy offensive forward in the NHL these days. He’s an undrafted free agent and I’m thinking he should at least be on our radar (although from what I’ve seen I’d expect at least a few teams will be chasing him). 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

Why is nobody mentioning Kole Lind?

Nice to see the other Canucks prospects listed and most particularly to see Pettersson topping the list.  Kole Lind, however, should probably be mentioned in the same breath as Glass, who's listed at #4 on the list.  Other questions in my mind are how Dahlen beats Demko on that list, in fact, Demko might be the #2 Canucks prospect of the bunch, although Gaudette is doing brilliantly this year as well.  In any case, things are coming along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Anybody watch much of Nick Halloran (Colorado College) this season?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=234030

Just becoming more aware of him now as he’s chasing Gaudette for the national scoring lead. Not a tonne of info out there, in terms of articles and highlights, but from limited game video I’ve seen, he looks like an elite skater with good puck skills and a nice shot. Undersized at 5’10” but hardly too small for a speedy offensive forward in the NHL these days. He’s an undrafted free agent and I’m thinking he should at least be on our radar (although from what I’ve seen I’d expect at least a few teams will be chasing him). 

I noticed that the other day when looking at the NCAA scoring leaders.  Looks like he could be the next big College free agent prize. 

6 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

I noticed that the other day when looking at the NCAA scoring leaders.  Looks like he could be the next big College free agent prize. 

Yeah, he’s definitely shot to the top of the undrafted forwards.

Quite a few interesting undrafted NCAA players this year (like every year), although maybe no clear standouts like some of the other years. But still a pretty good crop, both in terms of the free agents, and some of the younger players who might be shrewd reentry picks in the later rounds of this draft.

This is a pretty cool recent article that breaks down the top NCAA players this season, and highlights the undrafted players in that group: https://dobberprospects.com/ncaa-hockey-mid-season-scoring-analysis/

There’re also guys like Dylan Sikura, David Pope, Jake Evans, and Louis Belpedio who are finishing out their senior years and could potentially join the free agent list on August 16th (if unsigned by their draft teams).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, he’s definitely shot to the top of the undrafted forwards.

Quite a few interesting undrafted NCAA players this year (like every year), although maybe no clear standouts like some of the other years. But still a pretty good crop, both in terms of the free agents, and some of the younger players who might be shrewd reentry picks in the later rounds of this draft.

This is a pretty cool recent article that breaks down the top NCAA players this season, and highlights the undrafted players in that group: https://dobberprospects.com/ncaa-hockey-mid-season-scoring-analysis/

There’re also guys like Dylan Sikura, David Pope, Jake Evans, and Louis Belpedio who are finishing out their senior years and could potentially join the free agent list on August 16th (if unsigned by their draft teams).

Just once....winning that NCAA free agency for Sikura would be so nice.

Shafted a few years in a row after being rumoured front runners due to family or home plus losing the lottery

Let this be the year. 

Sikura + 1st overall 

Its time

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1