The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Patrick Kane trade in the works!

duncan44

I don't see how this is news.

Teams call asking about trades all the time. Pretty sure Stan Bowman would lose his job if he traded Kane.

People get shot all the time, earthquakes happen all the time, forest fires happen all the time..... It's news because it's news, has nothing to do with how often GM's make calls on players.

I read something on this yesterday and I could see it happening. The Chicago Blackhawks with all their success have built a brand for themselves too the point where every player after every game time interview is always wearing a Blackhawks tee shirt and hat (Hossa one time was ready to give an interview after a good game ran back to his locker to grab his hat so he wouldn't get in trouble). Not to mention the Hawks are always front and centre in marketing / media grabs and charity events. A rape allegation probably doesn't look good in the owners eyes and they might be the ones making the decision.

I read something on this yesterday and I could see it happening. The Chicago Blackhawks with all their success have built a brand for themselves too the point where every player after every game time interview is always wearing a Blackhawks tee shirt and hat (Hossa one time was ready to give an interview after a good game ran back to his locker to grab his hat so he wouldn't get in trouble). Not to mention the Hawks are always front and centre in marketing / media grabs and charity events. A rape allegation probably doesn't look good in the owners eyes and they might be the ones making the decision.

I just don't see ithe because this is nothing new. He might have done it he might not have. He definitely beat the &^@# out of thay cab driver and they had no issue with it. He wasn't half the player then that he is now so why would they cut ties with him because of an allegation? Guilty or not I see the hawks riding this one out with kane.

People get shot all the time, earthquakes happen all the time, forest fires happen all the time..... It's news because it's news, has nothing to do with how often GM's make calls on players.

I can't tell if this is serious or not.

Keith, Toews and Hossa make this guy look good. Never liked him. Hawks have given him enough chances. Spend his CAP where it will count more. Bowman must be fuming about moving Saad rather than Kane.

wat

a guy like burrows, is a product of the twins. and don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing. he was an engine who meshed perfectly for four seasons.

have you even watched Kane? I'm assuming this is an on-ice comment?

You do realize he plays with Brad Richards and Kris Versteeg right?

The season before, Saad and Handzus or Versteeg.

In 2012-2013, Bolland and Sharp.

Would have to go back to 2011-2012 to the last time he played majority with Toews, and that was his worst statistical season.

They only put him with Toews when they're in need of wins, and they have to change things up.

The dude is magical on ice. Off ice, again.. innocent until proven guilty so I won't comment.

I'm no GM or anything, but I'm pretty sure that 99.999% of GM's would have taken Kane if they had the chance.

It's not like it was a very hard pick to make.

Not really the point the poster was making. Once a young man is drafted, he develops a relationship with the team and its members.

A rapport is created. The poster claims Tallon might be interested in Kane because of such a past rapport.

I don't see how this is news.

Teams call asking about trades all the time. Pretty sure Stan Bowman would lose his job if he traded Kane.

If he has been instructed by the owners to get rid of a headache if the return is worthy, then that is his job to do so.

One of the most over-rated, one dimensional players in the NHL.

If you can't feed him the kind of minutes he needs, he's as much a liability as there is in the NHL.

Plays very soft minutes for a 'superstar' - very high ozone starts, weak competition - the other side of his game requires it. At the same time, puts up mediocre possession numbers on a premier puck possession team.

Yeah - I know - the highlight reel fans on here will object and over-react.....'but, but have you seen him play? he's mmmmagggiccc!'

As good a situational player as he is, there are also all the obvious limits to his game, and moreover, his production should be kept not only in the context of his team-mates and SC lineups, but also how soft his minutes are.

If a team has the kind of supporting cast Chicago does, he may complement them.

But some of the proposals here - Bjugstad, Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad plus two firsts... are absolutely nutters - beyond nuts.

Yes, if Nucks is one of the five teams who do you think Benning will trade for Kane?

I don't know if we (Benning) would be willing to outbid the other four teams. Kind of need to get lucky via Free Agency and with some prospects at this point. I don't see Benning trying to build this team through trades.

Edit: I wonder if Buffalo makes a move. Lol. Could you imagine? I wonder if Chicago goes within conference and takes some of Edmonton's prospects. I'm not even sure something will come of this, probably nothing to be honest.

One of the most over-rated, one dimensional players in the NHL.

If you can't feed him the kind of minutes he needs, he's as much a liability as there is in the NHL.

Plays very soft minutes for a 'superstar' - very high ozone starts, weak competition - the other side of his game requires it. At the same time, puts up mediocre possession numbers on a premier puck possession team.

Yeah - I know - the highlight reel fans on here will object and over-react.....'but, but have you seen him play? he's mmmmagggiccc!'

As good a situational player as he is, there are also all the obvious limits to his game, and moreover, his production should be kept not only in the context of his team-mates and SC lineups, but also how soft his minutes are.

If a team has the kind of supporting cast Chicago does, he may complement them.

But some of the proposals here - Bjugstad, Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad plus two firsts... are absolutely nutters - beyond nuts.

Kane cannot hear your envious cries; his ears are blocked by Cup rings.

Archived