The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

Any of you into QBTC .  Its the bitcoin fund....been buying doses the past few weeks .  My palms are sweating now ...how can it keep climbing like this.  Gonna stop DCA'ing until there is a pull back,,,

Been trying to get into it for an hr now, but its been halted for a bit. But Chamath is taking Sofi public with IPOE. Its already had a big pop, hence the halt, but its a pretty big deal as far as SPAC's go. Waiting for a little pullback with my limit order.

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Well this has been a decent start to the day.

Dude, it's been amazing haha..

45 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

Been trying to get into it for an hr now, but its been halted for a bit. But Chamath is taking Sofi public with IPOE. Its already had a big pop, hence the halt, but its a pretty big deal as far as SPAC's go. Waiting for a little pullback with my limit order.

Yeah I'm very very lucky I got an order in just minutes before the 1st halt. Snagged 750 shares, just averaged up to 1000 shares @ $15.84

• Cheers 1

Where do you guys find the stocks to day trade?

I've been investing for a while and did a bit of trading back in April-July, but most of it is from word of mouth. How do I find my own stocks (which websites, books to use, etc)? 

28 minutes ago, Kooner91 said:

I've been investing for a while and did a bit of trading back in April-July, but most of it is from word of mouth. How do I find my own stocks (which websites, books to use, etc)? 

On CDC of course!  ;)

I'm mostly focused on SPAC's right now, so I use this: SPACTrack.net SPAC List -- Notable Leadership (9.17.2020) - Google Sheets

A bit dated, but a good starting point.  Research them a bit, then just check what people are saying online, on Reddit, etc.  

1 hour ago, Kooner91 said:

You need a scanner and a real time news feed. Any decent scanner will scan for anything you want such as % gainers, % losers, most active, 52 week highs, etc.

Here's a shot of one of the scanners I use, It scans for % gainers. You can filter out whatever you want. I filter out stocks under $1 and OTC stocks.

scanner.jpg

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Okay... who recommended ASLE?  

I know somebody did....

If it did well it was me, if it didn't then it was.. @inane

7 hours ago, Down by the River said:

BTF up and down between +10% and +20% all day. Just kept selling high and buying low... I use WealthSimple for CDN stocks because I get free trades but don't have to worry about the currency conversion. Probably put in 10-15 limit buys/sells. Altogether probably my first "big" day since I started. 

I wish I could scalp BFT.. I dont want to ruin my 12.08 AVG.. I want to set up a WeBull account just to scalp it, i've been watching it so closely I feel like I know every move it's going to make.

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

On CDC of course!  ;)

I'm mostly focused on SPAC's right now, so I use this: SPACTrack.net SPAC List -- Notable Leadership (9.17.2020) - Google Sheets

A bit dated, but a good starting point.  Research them a bit, then just check what people are saying online, on Reddit, etc.  

Thats dope, basically all i do is SPAC's now, I do the odd penny for kicks.

5 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Is SRPT a buying opportunity right now?

Gigantic pipeline, other good news is waiting in the wings. It will forsure go back up but the 3 days after a tank are the most volatile. If you really want to buy then take a starter position with 25% of what you want to purchase overall tomorrow on a dip. Be prepared to verage down.

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Yeah the Interactive Brokers interface is ugly but it works just fine. A scanner like Trade Ideas will run you $89 USD/month. IB's is free. I'd rather not flush $1100 USD/year if I don't need to. :)

Uglier the better, easier to read, no ads and it's free!

5 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

eww... imagine holding that right now.

Even worst the CEO sold 6M worth of shares last week, what a doucher..

• Haha 1