The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ahmed Builds a Clock

nucklehead

Naw man. I love Ambien's persona and its inherent contradictions. You know, accuse environmentalists of being religious-like, while grasping at long-debunked sources (and ignoring MadMonk's posts on the subject), complaining about liberal media bias while posting Fox News, objectively one of the most unabashedly biased news organizations, accusing liberals of posting weak sources while posting stories from Breitbart and applauding easily debunked stories from other right wing trash sites. He's a living, breathing embodiment of irony. He quite literally hates liberals for the very things he does and actual liberals here don't do. And I love it.

So he's basically here to make us look smart in comparison? Works for me.

A circuit board could be used for a wide range of applications other than bombs, but since a Muslim kid made it, it has to be a bomb, right?

I said: It's sad they thought that kid had a bomb

She said: They didn't think he had a bomb.

I said: Yes, they thought he made a bomb and even called the police.

She said: They just wanted to humiliate a little Muslim, African boy. They didn't think he had a bomb.

I said: Don't be a conspiracist. They might be a little prejudiced, but I'm sure they thought he had a bomb.

She said: Ok.

But they didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.

They didn't call a bomb squad - like you do when there's a bomb

They didn't get as far away from him as possible - like you do when there's a bomb.

Then they put him and the clock in an office- not like you do when there's a bomb

Then they waited with him for the police to arrive.

Then they put the clock in the same car as the police.

Then they took pictures of it.

I said: Damn.....

They never thought he had a bomb.

~ Andy Illes - Boston, Massachusetts

And a letter from George Takei that really says it all:

Dear Ahmed,

I’ve never met you, and it’s quite possible you’ve never heard of me, but my name is George Takei. I am many decades older than you, but your story and your experience—when you were arrested at your school simply because you brought in a clock for your teacher--struck a chord with me. You see, when I was a bit younger than you, I was also viewed by others as “the enemy” and treated as such, simply because I happened to look like the people who had attacked America.

Like you, I was just a kid trying to find his place in the world. I loved my country, and I looked forward to all the opportunities and challenges ahead. But my childhood was interrupted by fear and ignorance. When the authorities came for you because they believed you had built a bomb, I was reminded, in a way, of when the army came for us. They ordered us out of our home believing we were suspicious people because of our names, our faces, our ancestry. I spent my childhood in an internment camp because of that fear and ignorance.

But I want you to know, while America may have done a terrible thing to me and my family, and to 120,000 other Japanese Americans, I have great hope for this country, and I believe we do learn. There was a Japanese word we often said in the camps: Gaman. It means to keep on keeping on, with dignity and fortitude. I think you understand this word already. While certain school officials and police officers may have shown you the worst side of our nation, I understand many others have since shown you the best side. I was touched to hear you say that we all have to be true to ourselves.

Ahmed, you are now part of the story of America, and many will learn from your fine example. I see great things ahead for you.

So he's basically here to make us look smart in comparison? Works for me.

A circuit board could be used for a wide range of applications other than bombs, but since a Muslim kid made it, it has to be a bomb, right?

Of course not. Then again it wouldn't be the first time a Muslim child blew people up. And it doesn't help when you science project looks like a bomb. So I do understand their concern. But arresting him was crap.

Surprised Obama got time fo dat.

Hey you Schiester! Give the kid yer Nobel, he's done more.

He had lots of time for his son Trayvon, and that kid was a thug and a half.. so much time not only for himself but to drag numerous departments of the Executive Branch down to Florida to make a spectacle of a court case they committed to the wrong side on. It happens with Mr. Oblunder.

I don't find this one bit funny.

What an absolute sad state of affairs that rocks a kids' world like this. The fear mongering has us absolutely acting irrationally when this is treated as a threat.

Hang your head in shame, world. The "bad guys" are mostly the politicians trying to scare us. Time to wake up...we should set Ahmed's clock so the alarm sounds.

I don't find this one bit funny.

What an absolute sad state of affairs that rocks a kids' world like this. The fear mongering has us absolutely acting irrationally when this is treated as a threat.

Hang your head in shame, world. The "bad guys" are mostly the politicians trying to scare us. Time to wake up...we should set Ahmed's clock so the alarm sounds.

I disagree, it was a clock that looked like a bomb and regardless of ethnicity or faith, if I was a teacher it would make me nervous and probably some of the kids as well.

This is the world we live in, we are on high alert and even everyone is a suspect. I hope it changes, but for now, it is what it is.

I disagree, it was a clock that looked like a bomb and regardless of ethnicity or faith, if I was a teacher it would make me nervous and probably some of the kids as well.

This is the world we live in, we are on high alert and even everyone is a suspect. I hope it changes, but for now, it is what it is.

No, that is not the world we live in. The world we live in is full of brilliant people who think a home made bomb would have a digital timer. Like in the movies.

defusable_alarmclock.jpg

Looks legit.

They apparently weren't nervous enough about it to evacuate the school, which is step 1 if you actually believe there's a possible threat. A phone call to the parents would've handled the "optics" here.

'Murica being 'Murica

They apparently weren't nervous enough about it to evacuate the school, which is step 1 if you actually believe there's a possible threat. A phone call to the parents would've handled the "optics" here.

'Murica being 'Murica

lol

Why would they evacuate the school, it wasn't called a bomb threat. His own teacher he showed it to didn't even panic, he just said don't show it to anyone else.

The kid was interrogated by the police later in the day and didn't give them satisfying answers to such terrifyingly paranoid questions like "what's it for?", "why did you build it?", etc., so they pursued it.

What's really blown out of proportion is liberal reaction and these stupid SJW movements.

lol

Why would they evacuate the school, it wasn't called a bomb threat. His own teacher he showed it to didn't even panic, he just said don't show it to anyone else.

The kid was interrogated by the police later in the day and didn't give them satisfying answers to such terrifyingly paranoid questions like "what's it for?", "why did you build it?", etc., so they pursued it.

What's really blown out of proportion is liberal reaction and these stupid SJW movements.

All wrong. 100%.

All wrong. 100%.

Turns out, the kid knew exactly what he was doing. Obama and Zuckerberg sure look like idiots now. The kids dad is a known radical. He wasn't enrolled in any engineering class. He was told not to show it to any one else. He set it to go off during class the day after Sept. 11.

Archived