The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best 3 on 3 OT team?

250Integra

Crosby-Malkin-Kessel/Letang will be lethal

I could really see H. Sedin - Virtanen - Edler working. Henrik has that elite playmaking ability, Jake has the size, speed along with a shot.

Stamkos - Kucherov/Palat - Hedman

Ovi - Backstrom - Carlson

I could also see Horvat - Virtanen - Hamhuis giving teams fits too.

Crosby-Malkin-Kessel/Letang will be lethal

I could really see H. Sedin - Virtanen - Edler working. Henrik has that elite playmaking ability, Jake has the size, speed along with a shot.

Stamkos - Kucherov/Palat - Hedman

Ovi - Backstrom - Carlson

I could also see Horvat - Virtanen - Hamhuis giving teams fits too.

Virtanen made the NHL already? That must be some kind of record

According to Sportsnet....

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
Tampa Bay is an easy choice. On the back end, Ben Bishop is one of the best puck-moving goalies in the league and defencemen Victor Hedman and Anton Stralman bring mobility and quick, intelligent passes. Steven Stamkosis one of the best finishers in hockey and the Triplets line seems incredibly well-suited to wide-open hockey.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS, PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
Washington and Pittsburgh are both compelling candidates as well, even when we get past the superstars at the top end of each roster. Marc-Andre Fleury has his faults, but he’s brilliant in the shootout and also an excellent puck-mover who should adapt well to three-on-three; ditto for Braden Holtbywho is perhaps even a bit better with the puck. It’s hard not to get excited about the idea of a Sidney Crosby, Phil Kessel and Kris Letang trio; it’s also fun to imagine Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and John Carlson making use of all that open ice.

DALLAS STARS
Out west, the Dallas Stars should do well. The team’s defence is a little suspect, but John Klingberg marries a strong offensive skillset to exceptional mobility and should be a natural. The forward duo of Tyler Seguinand Jamie Benn is the kind any team would happily send out in this situation, and if Kari Lehtonen wins the starting job puck-moving from the net should be an asset, too.

MONTREAL CANADIENS
Among Canadian teams, the Canadiens stand out. A lot of that is due to Carey Price, who is not only the best goalie in hockey, but also arguably the game’s most masterful puckmover. P.K. Subban and to a lesser extent Jeff Petry are built to play this style of hockey, and the Habs’ generally small and speedy forward corps also seems like a good fit for the format.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/five-nhl-teams-best-suited-for-3-on-3-overtime/

Honestly, the canucks should be good at this. No two players in the NHL have played longer together or have more chemistry than the Sedins. Pair them with Edler on open ice with no one else to get in their way and it should be alot of fun to watch.

Sedins are terrible 3 on 3 because they are slow. 3 on 3 is very dependent on speed

Canucks are probably one of the slowest teams in the West so apart from the Sedins puck possession game I don't think 3 on 3 will benefit us.

I couldn't agree more. I just don't see that being good for the he Canucks. They will probably get a better result from some of the younger players like Horvat and co. All depends on who makes the team.

Archived