The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames vs Canucks 3-2 OT Loss

Hodgson!!

you mean the one that saw him score 2g 2a in 6 games?

not defending his play tonight he was off but had some chances probably getting used to the new linemates give it some time it's only game 2

To be honest it was the most lacklustre 4 points in 6 games I've ever seen. He could have done more but doesn't battle enough.

Yes I get that he got 4 points but his effort was not impressive.

Exactly. The flames have an easy target star. Should target him with as many cheap shots and huge hits as possible.

this is one of my rants too. You see your star players getting run at, cross checked during faceoffs and none of our guys especially the "tough" ones try and rough up the Lames softer players. You wonder why we get a reputation of being soft.

"We have to win games like this. They came at us hard, but we didn't make plays; could have had another win" - Daniel

At least Daniel is saying the right things...second game of the season, so a free pass for the Canucks team thinking the game was over after the second period.

Everyone here knows he sucked in the playoffs. And that's what I said

idk

i never knew 2g and 2a in the playoffs is sucking but whatever if you wanna dump on that playoff series nobody was particularly good

bottom line is he is with new linemates probably thought he would be playing with the Sedins it will effect him just like any other player

why don't we talk about Burrows making 4.5 million being an effective 3rd liner?

i love the guy but for 4.5 million that is an expensive 3rd line with just him on it

this is one of my rants too. You see your star players getting run at, cross checked during faceoffs and none of our guys especially the "tough" ones try and rough up the Lames softer players. You wonder why we get a reputation of being soft.

Exactly. I mean a totally clean NHL would be great but that doesn't exist so we need to play dirty as well.

Exactly. I mean a totally clean NHL would be great but that doesn't exist so we need to play dirty as well.

i was looking at Prust during that Engelland/Daniel scrum in front of our bench and he's just watching this like a fan and not yapping at Bollig or Eng.

Then the next little scrum where Dorsett got a penalty, Prust was standing there with Engelland and skating away... ffs

Still thought the Canucks were the better team (aside from finish), but now that there's been a loss, you gotta fix the problems. Vrbata isn't looking great with Horvat and Baer, and Virtanen had a huge pre-season night with them, didn't make any sense to break them up.

Edler will likely be back next game, which is good because having both Weber and Bartowski in the line-up is scary.

I would switch the lines a bit, if Vrbata isn't gonna bring it then he doesn't deserve it just based on history.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baer - Horvat - Virtanen

Burrows - McCann - Vrbata

Dorsett - Cracknell - Hansen

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Hutton

Sbisa - Bartkowski

Bartkowski has got to be sheltered, too, until he stops making awful pinches. He's got great speed, but that doesn't make up for the amount of chances he's created for the Flames.

No big deal they lost,

Kids are studs and it's great watching them play. All 3 had a great game, can't wait to see Virt.

same here hope he can get it soon

give the fans what they obviously want the kid line because they did great in one preseason game vs the Oilers

just realize folks it might fall apart against an actual competitive team will have to wait and see but i am sure we will see it eventually

Archived