The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Panic in C of Red

This is the same thing that happened when they had a "stacked" defence the last time around, and the same thing happened in St. Louis one year. A whole bunch of stars, and for whatever reason they just fall apart. There's no chemistry between Hamilton and Russel, they really should try a Hamilton-Giordano pairing or try and mix something up because it's not working.

Funny that their terrifying defence is now their weak-point. Meawhile Torey Krug has done nothing but put up points like a machine in Boston. I'm sure they'll right the ship eventually but it'll take time for Hamilton to get acclimatized to the COMPLETELY different defensive system in Calgary to Boston, and it's taking a bit longer than I thought it would.

This is the same thing that happened when they had a "stacked" defence the last time around, and the same thing happened in St. Louis one year. A whole bunch of stars, and for whatever reason they just fall apart. There's no chemistry between Hamilton and Russel, they really should try a Hamilton-Giordano pairing or try and mix something up because it's not working.

Funny that their terrifying defence is now their weak-point. Meawhile Torey Krug has done nothing but put up points like a machine in Boston. I'm sure they'll right the ship eventually but it'll take time for Hamilton to get acclimatized to the COMPLETELY different defensive system in Calgary to Boston, and it's taking a bit longer than I thought it would.

They did. Didn't really work.

ya they forced the Hamilton-Gio pairing for the first 7-8 games and it sucked horribly. Soon as they took Hamilton off Gio had like 3-4 points. 

Hamilton is -10 right now
Russell is -16

P.S. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...HAH......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The thought did cross my mind that if they keep playing like this by Christmas, watch them tank accidentally on purpose tank for Matthews or Chychrun.

Honestly I want them to be just good enough for 25th or 26th in the league and not get a top 3 pick. I wish the same on the Oilers. It is fun to see them fail though.

The thought did cross my mind that if they keep playing like this by Christmas, watch them tank accidentally on purpose tank for Matthews or Chychrun.

Good for them.  There will always be the Next One to tank for.  Meanwhile good teams will turn lesser picks into better players through intelligent development.

Archived