The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN @ DAL | Oct. 29 | 5:30PM | SNV

DollarAndADream

4 Drafts ago yes, but 3 years ago since he's from the 2012 draft.

And we still have 2 guys in Utica in Jensen and Shinkaruk who could earn a call up at some point.

Definitely more exciting looking towards the future than clinging to the past.

It's the past and our amazing culture that'll breed these youngsters into pros and push them in a winning environment. Naslund, linden, klatt and even sundin helped the twins... Now they are passing it on. 

The past is still our present. No discounting them. 

Had you put Bo, mccann, Hutton into the Oilers system there's no chance they develop as well. Imagine if yakupov or Schultz had real athletes to look up to and bred their game after instead of Ference and horcoffs... 

Its our past that's developing these prospects so well.  When 18-22 year olds come in and see how the sedins work day in, day out, it has an impact. 

It's the past and our amazing culture that'll breed these youngsters into pros and push them in a winning environment. Naslund, linden, klatt and even sundin helped the twins... Now they are passing it on. 

The past is still our present. No discounting them. 

Had you put Bo, mccann, Hutton into the Oilers system there's no chance they develop as well. Imagine if yakupov or Schultz had real athletes to look up to and bred their game after instead of Ference and horcoffs... 

Its our past that's developing these prospects so well.  When 18-22 year olds come in and see how the sedins work day in, day out, it has an impact. 

I'm not talking about the Sedins, I'm talking about the past as in the team that was a President's trophy team.

A team where Burrows was a 30 goal scorer, we had Selke winner on the second line, and Hamhuis was one of the best stay at home D-men in the league. That past.

Stars are playing well but that Canadiens win must be a boost for our offence. On the flip-side, Benn and Seguin are going to have a field day with our AHL bottom-4.

5-3 Canucks win if Miller stands on his head.

Vbrata, McCann, Edler, Horvat with goals, Hansen with an empty netter.

Yes high time we get BACK to the future.(6 youngin's under 23!)

A yr back(early season) recall Miller having a dud game(there in Dallas) - then WD came back with him, & he won the next night(StLoo). When Dallas gets rollin', they turn into a pack of voracious hyenas(Benn resembles one)..it's best to play the 1st close to the vest.

We'll dismiss these punks 3-1.

I'm not talking about the Sedins, I'm talking about the past as in the team that was a President's trophy team.

A team where Burrows was a 30 goal scorer, we had Selke winner on the second line, and Hamhuis was one of the best stay at home D-men in the league. That past.

Sorry i get pretty defensive when it comes to that squad... Kind of in my nature now. They did nothing but win and win and win... Each and every member of the back to back president trophie Champs has my respect until I die. Except kesler when he plays vs us. 

I see what you're saying but I think the aaffects of that team still trickles through the organization. 

I'm stoked we got young guys on the team helping out, but it's gonna take a lot for a mccann, Jake, Bo, Hutton to earn the loyalty and respect I have for the likes of Burr, Daniel, hank, Hansen, higgy, Eddie, Hammer etc... 

But don't get me wrong... 

My respect for Bo, Jared, etc is at %300 

It's just not %3000 yet like it is for the others. 

To scale, my respect for the Pope or Dalia lama is at %100. Canucks over anything. 

Stars are playing well but that Canadiens win must be a boost for our offence. On the flip-side, Benn and Seguin are going to have a field day with our AHL bottom-4.

5-3 Canucks win if Miller stands on his head.

Vbrata, McCann, Edler, Horvat with goals, Hansen with an empty netter.

Hutton is proving himself to be a NHL Top 4.Making all his partners look good. Sbisa is a legit 3rd pairing NHL D, as is Bartkowski. Weber has been in the NHL for how many years now?

AHL bottom 4 my toosh...

Can someone please give me some kind of logical explanation as to why you have the Oilers vs Canadiens across Sportsnet including Pacific. (what???)  There is no World Series tonight, it makes no sense that tonight's game is not on Pacific. This every game on SNV is becoming sickening.

Can someone please give me some kind of logical explanation as to why you have the Oilers vs Canadiens across Sportsnet including Pacific. (what???)  There is no World Series tonight, it makes no sense that tonight's game is not on Pacific. This every game on SNV is becoming sickening.

apparently every Canucks fan would rather watch Mcjesus than the Canucks.... Although it is the Habs with the best record on the year vs Mcjesus so they are just hyping it up like it's extra special.

yeah it doesnt make sense....i feel for the Nux fans that dont get SN1/SNV....last year i got screwed by all the games that were given to CityTV. seems like this year ill be good, but it was frustrating last year seeing curling on SNP, meanwhile the game was on a network i dont even get.

anyways, the game is on 302 for those who get that channel.

yeah it doesnt make sense....i feel for the Nux fans that dont get SN1/SNV....last year i got screwed by all the games that were given to CityTV. seems like this year ill be good, but it was frustrating last year seeing curling on SNP, meanwhile the game was on a network i dont even get.

Thing is, I have the channels, I just don't always have a TV available for me to watch. Most of the time I rely on Sportsnet Now to watch on my phone or PC, problem is they don't stream the specific regional hockey channels. It just makes no sense to me that you have the Oilers vs Canadiens on 5 different channels including Pacific when there is a Canucks game at the time. I really can't comprehend it.

This is why giving NHL coverage to one network is horrible. Competition stimulates innovation. 

Archived