The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do we do now that Sutter is out for another 4 to 6 weeks?

What do you want to do now that Sutter is out another 4 to 6 weeks?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was listening on the radio today and this question was being discussed, I have expanded on it, and want to now what you think? Can we get a veteran center through trade? Can we afford him? Do we want to expend the assets? Just want to know your opinions. For me, everyone pretty much knows what I think......lol

actually sending mccann to world juniors  is what id do this kid has played great for us and playing for team canada with virtanen  is once in life time experience playing against the best peers in the world. Let him and jake light up the offense in the

tournament. We already are losing close game where rookies dont even play in third, id rather them play 20-23 mins in a big tourny getting confidence and their offense on track.  Call up vey  see if he can hold our center position  to up his trade value. plus shinkaruk and grenier can fill in for jake and jared.

6 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I was listening on the radio today and this question was being discussed, I have expanded on it, and want to now what you think? Can we get a veteran center through trade? Can we afford him? Do we want to expend the assets? Just want to know your opinions. For me, everyone pretty much knows what I think......lol

I hate this question.

Unfortunately its 100% fair.

We are already in a downward trend IMO we should send Vrt and Mcann to Jrs so they have a chance at actually winning something this season. If the nux are gonna play like a tire fire the way we have been may as well send them both back to Jr too. The Sioux greyhounds could win the Memorial cup with Mcann and Virtanen could dominate in the dub.  Call up Kennins Gauncer Grenier.

We should also make a move for a Richardson Santorelli type center that can take the defensive load off of Horvat and win some freaking faceoffs before we destroy the kids development.

Also our defence is atrocious so we Tank or pay big for Hammonic etc.

The sorry part of this is, we seen it coming.....most of us did anyways! I still think they will be a .500 club this year anyways, they have some resilience, they have the Sedin's, and some other talent, that will allow them to win games they shouldn't.

It is too late, but I wish the young guns would have just stayed in junior, even allowing Bo to stay in Utica would have been nice, but I am afraid we have spent ourselves into this mess, as much as anything......without those ELC's we would be selling at a discount to get under the cap, and would have even a worse club.....

But then again, you all know this, because "I TOLD YOU SO!"

I have been on record for 2 friggin years, telling you this, we are old and should be selling aging assets! Two years ago! A year ago at the very least! Now those assets and the ones that have already left......will bring less or nothing!

For those that want the playoffs, you had better hope someone gets really hot, because the only other way Vancouver gets into the playoffs, is by trading prospects, rookies, and draft picks!

I personally, have no panic about this........I will watch every game...I wonder how many will?

On Wed Dec 02 2015 20:26:05 GMT-0800, janisahockeynut said:

Face the fact that this team is done. With this roster, the playoffs are a pointless cause. 

The dogs of war come out during the playoffs, and the Canucks are dogmeat. 

Archived