The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler scores on Calgary AFTER final buzzer - hilarity ensues

babych

7 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Seems stupid on the surface but like DBTR said, it's just part of the code- sorta like running across a pitcher's mound in baseball. To the casual or uneducated fan it's not a big deal but it's gonna piss somebody off.

And the guys doing the acts know they are going to piss somebody off.  Do you think it's done to draw the smaller skilled guys into a scrum to intimidate them?  When Kesler did that, who were the Flames on the ice: Monahan, Goudreau, and Giordano?  

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Shooting the puck in an empty net after the whistle has long been against 'the code'. 

Wrong.

Shooting the puck at the oppositions goalie after the buzzer is against the "code".  

Flamez just mad cause their home winning streak ended.

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

How is this even a discussion?  There's no way Kesler wasn't going to get jumped after doing that.  The only team that wouldn't take exception to that is the Canucks.

He wanted to get jumped, but he should have went over and grabbed Monahan or Goudreau.  That would have forced the Flames into a third man in, or watch Kesler pound a young skilled guy.  Monahan was standing there, beside the scrum too.  It's disappointing to see guys allowed to stand around now.  The Ducks had an extra skater on the ice too.  They could have really done some serious damage to the Flames top guys.  All our top guys should be taking MMA for fitnessB)

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Not a lot different (so long as the goalie isn't there) than shooting the puck in the opponents net after a warm up (which Bartkowski does), or standing on the center logo or anything else. Not really respectful, but hardly worth getting that worked up about either. The bump after is fine by me too, but I think what Wideman does (feeding Kesler punches while Brodie, another Flame and the linesman have Kesler tied up) is far worse.

What Kesler did was put an exclamation mark on the Flames loss..not ideal,when on the other side, you have 23 pissed off players who have just lost.

Quite a bit different from opposition pucks going into your net during warmup,in an undecided game ...It used to be a very big deal in the past..not so much nowadays.

8 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

What Kesler did was put an exclamation mark on the Flames loss..not ideal,when on the other side, you have 23 pissed off players who have just lost.

Quite a bit different from opposition pucks going into your net during warmup,in an undecided game ...It used to be a very big deal in the past..not so much nowadays.

Tell that to Hudler, who in the other clip posted in this thread is out saving a puck shot at his net at the end of warm ups by Perry. It means something to them and perhaps also had a part in this outcome.

I found both incidents highly entertaining.

The Perry Hudler thing was hilarious with them racing off the ice to get down the tunnel first and Hudler high fiving fans.  Good stuff.

Regarding Kesler - let's not pretend this was an innocent non-incident - he knew precisely what that was going to incite. I personally thoroughly enjoyed Wideman's response - it was justified as he was as much stepping in for Kesler's response to Brodie as he was responding to Kesler's patented disrespect.

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Shooting the puck in an empty net after the whistle has long been against 'the code'. 

As far as I can tell,  with a few exceptions here/there,  any 'codes of honor' that existed from days of old have been replaced by one overriding code for today's players- PAY ME MONEY.

20 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I found both incidents highly entertaining.

The Perry Hudler thing was hilarious with them racing off the ice to get down the tunnel first and Hudler high fiving fans.  Good stuff.

Regarding Kesler - let's not pretend this was an innocent non-incident - he knew precisely what that was going to incite. I personally thoroughly enjoyed Wideman's response - it was justified as he was as much stepping in for Kesler's response to Brodie as he was responding to Kesler's patented disrespect.

Yeah, that was ... weird. What if Perry had started to go then stopped and tried to shoot one last puck from the bench - would Hudler have jumped back on to try and stop it?

Just now, elvis15 said:

Yeah, that was ... weird. What if Perry had started to go then stopped and tried to shoot one last puck from the bench - would Hudler have jumped back on to try and stop it?

Yep.

Hudler shoulda stopped. let Perry win that race and fired one in Anaheim's goal.

Touchee mfer!!  LOL

Archived