The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler scores on Calgary AFTER final buzzer - hilarity ensues

babych

24 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Yeah, that was ... weird. What if Perry had started to go then stopped and tried to shoot one last puck from the bench - would Hudler have jumped back on to try and stop it?

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Yep.

Hudler shoulda stopped. let Perry win that race and fired one in Anaheim's goal.

Touchee mfer!!  LOL

Hah! Nice.

Maybe we'll see that Feb 15th. Boys will be boys.

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

You haven't played much hockey have you? Any one, in any league, will get their ass handed to them if they do that. 

A phrase usually uttered by those who haven't played much hockey themselves ;)

I could see the problem if a goalie was in the net. But firing punches into him because it's against this mythical 'code' that people speak of is far more of a cheap shot than the act itself.

8 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

A phrase usually uttered by those who haven't played much hockey themselves ;)

I could see the problem if a goalie was in the net. But firing punches into him because it's against this mythical 'code' that people speak of is far more of a cheap shot than the act itself.

Any guy should get attached for such acts, but some teams don't stand up for one another, which are the loser teams.   What happened to Lucic for running Miller - nothing?  I like that Calgary got after Kesler.  look how Biega went at the guy who hit Henrik.  That was standing up for your team mate.  I thought the entire bench should have rolled over the boards on that hit.  Our team is too darned soft.  They need MMA training and not sleep doctors and private chefs!:angry:

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought the entire bench should have rolled over the boards on that hit.  Our team is too darned soft.  They need MMA training and not sleep doctors and private chefs!:angry:

What would that accomplish? Gigantic fines, suspensions etc. Brilliant idea. I'm guessing you are one of those geniuses who think that "Bertuzzi"-ing a player is a good idea. Look how well we did when that happened...

4 minutes ago, thema said:

What would that accomplish? Gigantic fines, suspensions etc. Brilliant idea. I'm guessing you are one of those geniuses who think that "Bertuzzi"-ing a player is a good idea. Look how well we did when that happened...

I think we are each entitled to our opinions, and insulting comments are not needed to make one's point.  (Which is rather ironic considering your stance on the aggression in hockey matter) IMHAO our top minute players need to play a harder game.  No Burtuzzing some one is not the answer, but grabbing a guy like Goudreau during a scrum (like the one last night with the Ducks) and making him go is a good way to send a message - especially in the playoffs.  Guys should not be able to just stand around, when there is a fight, or scrum without paying a price. We need to win ALL battles, or at least make the attempt.  

Are you not being overly aggressive by using personal insults, trying to entice other posters into a battle of words?  I see this as a good thing.  Perhaps not here, but certainly in a hockey game.

4 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

He put the puck in an empty net after the whistle?! What a sick, classless bastard!

Am I the only one who doesn't see much wrong in this? Or are you still too bitter about the way he left Vancouver?

yeaaaaaa. its just you....  and yes, some of us are still bitter about it, and rightfully so.  nothing wrong with that. 

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Beiga basically had no choice since he was the player responsible in leaving hank vulnerable from the poor pass setting him up for that hit.   the hit was dirty plain and simple but beigas pass made it all happen

Yes, the pass was not a bright one, but should team mates need any reason other than being team mates to stand up for one another?

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

one should hope not.   but I think that's what we have become used too   ripien sure is missed

Mrs. Alf and I were talking about Rypien last night, and how we loved the way he played.  It would be great to have his toughness in our top minute guys.  I'm still saddened by the way we (Gillis) just cut Rypien adrift - while knowing the guy had a mental illness.  Have we done the same with Kassian?  

5 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Shooting the puck in an empty net after the whistle has long been against 'the code'. 

Well what part of the "code" allows 2 guys to go after Kesler? 

Did you watch Sens v Boston? The code got thrown out the window a long time ago in Boston. 

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

yup another mishandled player.   on many nights he was worth the price of admission even if it was a stinker

I think it's disrespectful to compare Rypien with Kassian. One guy lived and breathed the Canucks and defending every one of them and the other was just a selfish player who upset the team stability imo.

I personally don't see the big deal with this kind of stuff... except that it's a pretty well known fact that for some reason... you aren't suppose to do it.. I'm not sure who or when it was declared that shooting into the net after the horn has gone is frowned upon so I guess if you want respect, respect the game? right?
But regardless, Wideman goes way overboard.. sure through push and shove.. maybe a face wash.. but attacking a guy like this that can defend himself because other guys are all ready pushing shoving is, in my opinion, more classless.. Just my opinion.. 

6 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

He put the puck in an empty net after the whistle?! What a sick, classless bastard!

Am I the only one who doesn't see much wrong in this? 

I'm betting that if it were, say, Brad Marchant doing this to the Canucks  you would...

4 hours ago, Heretic said:

Wrong.

Shooting the puck at the oppositions goalie after the buzzer is against the "code".  

Flamez just mad cause their home winning streak ended.

Kind of a condescending response. They are both against the code, I don't know why this is so hard to understand. The next time you see a guy fire a puck into an empty net after the whistle, you can come call me out. 

3 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I'll say again - he put the puck in an empty net. Hardly on the same level as Marchand's antics.

Not on Marchand's level but it's simply a sign of disrespect. Regardless of Kesler thinks of it, he knows full well what the Flames will think  and what kind of reaction it will incite. 

Archived