The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Bowie dead at 69

GLASSJAW

This is really sad news. Fantastic singer, songwriter, and style icon.

Was lucky enough to see him on his Sound and Vision tour. He wasn't plugging anything new so the setlist was loaded with gems you wouldn't expect to hear like TVC15, Panic in Detroit, Station to Station, Young Americans. He absolutely brought the house down with Modern Love, and Rock n Roll Suicide. Probably the best concert I have seen.

One of my favorite Bowie tracks. Made all the better because the late great Stevie Ray Vaughn played guitar on the whole "Let's Dance" cd.

RIP to the Thin White Duke. No one ever made a lavender suit look so damn good.

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

This is really sad news. Fantastic singer, songwriter, and style icon.

Was lucky enough to see him on his Sound and Vision tour. He wasn't plugging anything new so the setlist was loaded with gems you wouldn't expect to hear like TVC15, Panic in Detroit, Station to Station, Young Americans. He absolutely brought the house down with Modern Love, and Rock n Roll Suicide. Probably the best concert I have seen.

One of my favorite Bowie tracks. Made all the better because the late great Stevie Ray Vaughn played guitar on the whole "Let's Dance" cd.

RIP to the Thin White Duke. No one ever made a lavender suit look so damn good.

lucky guy - Station to Station is my fav Bowie album. in my all-time top 5, too. 

They called him the Diamond Dog!

Thanks for the countless hours of enjoyment David!

The moments of life experienced with headphones and speakers on?

The dancing and letting loose!

Even the rock n' roll lifestyle, sometimes just in dreams. Which everyone giddily partakes in. On some of the nights they never forget...

Hundreds of millions have lived through and also pulsed in David's veins to bring even more music live.

What a gift you were!

A day after his birthday at 69!

his first hit was in 69 (space oddity)

if you're going to do it, 69s the way to go. 

But seriously, as someone said already, when an icon from your generation goes it makes you more aware of your own mortality.

Archived