The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pitt interested in Hammer

aliboy

49 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I was choked when GMGM made that trade. Couldn't believe it. Mcphee's contract was expiring and he knew this was his last chance to make a deep run. So he gave up Forsberg in a terrible trade.  

This is what happens when a GM gets desperate.

That might go down as one of the worst trades of all time. Naslund-Stojanov esque. Rutherford's just as bad though. Depres for Lovejoy.... Still can't figure that one out. He's desperate too, we might see another similar swap.

49 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I was choked when GMGM made that trade. Couldn't believe it. Mcphee's contract was expiring and he knew this was his last chance to make a deep run. So he gave up Forsberg in a terrible trade.  

This is what happens when a GM gets desperate.

Exactly. It was a ridiculous trade for all of those reasons. But if you are the gm who manages to get a Forsberg for Erat you are a god.

2 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

what makes you say that..have you followed him in Utica or did you gather that from his 3 NHL games..1 as a forward which he never played before?

The kid is pretty raw yet..I dont know if its mentality or nerves and learning positioning.

That LA game he just looked lost the entire game. I'm sure he will be an NHLer just not right now

1 hour ago, HC20.0 said:

That might go down as one of the worst trades of all time. Naslund-Stojanov esque. Rutherford's just as bad though. Depres for Lovejoy.... Still can't figure that one out. He's desperate too, we might see another similar swap.

Rutherford is desperate, that's for sure. It would be great to get a nice piece. They don't have a 1st, I'd say we get a 2nd and a mid range prospect. Not holding my breath for a Forsberg type deal. Those mistakes are very rare. Once a decade, maybe longer.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Rutherford is desperate, that's for sure. It would be great to get a nice piece. They don't have a 1st, I'd say we get a 2nd and a mid range prospect. Not holding my breath for a Forsberg type deal. Those mistakes are very rare. Once a decade, maybe longer.

When Mcphee made that deal myself and my friends all thought it was awful. Why did Mcphee make that deal what a bone head.

6 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

When Mcphee made that deal myself and my friends all thought it was awful. Why did Mcphee make that deal what a bone head.

yeah. I remember thinking that was a terrible deal and Nashville got the better end of the deal for sure. McPhee wasn't thinking or he was trying to save his own behind at the time of the trade. well. it back fired and he's no longer with the team. GM has got to do what's best for the franchise. which is why I admired Nonis for not making trades just so that he could possibly keep his job with the Canucks. he got canned at the end of it. but he stuck to his guns. with other trades. he just wasn't very good. lol. Gillis just wasn't good at drafting for a while. left our prospects pool pretty bare when he left. 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

yeah. I remember thinking that was a terrible deal and Nashville got the better end of the deal for sure. McPhee wasn't thinking or he was trying to save his own behind at the time of the trade. well. it back fired and he's no longer with the team. GM has got to do what's best for the franchise. which is why I admired Nonis for not making trades just so that he could possibly keep his job with the Canucks. he got canned at the end of it. but he stuck to his guns. with other trades. he just wasn't very good. lol. Gillis just wasn't good at drafting for a while. left our prospects pool pretty bare when he left. 

Your right about Nonis holding onto Kesler and Edler, or whatever that rumour was, but he got another chance in Toronto a blew it. 

somewhere in the proposals board someone made a thread about the value of the teams vets, and Pittsburg was one of the teams I saw as having interest in Hamhuis, both as insurance for there high injury rate, and as someone who can play solid minutes on the third pairing and move up to the second pairing in the event of an injury, I can see vancouver grabbing a 2nd and maybe a b prospect for him too, not to shabby.

1 minute ago, CALGARY! said:

somewhere in the proposals board someone made a thread about the value of the teams vets, and Pittsburg was one of the teams I saw as having interest in Hamhuis, both as insurance for there high injury rate, and as someone who can play solid minutes on the third pairing and move up to the second pairing in the event of an injury, I can see vancouver grabbing a 2nd and maybe a b prospect for him too, not to shabby.

Is the rumour from a chat site, or is there actual substance behind it?

11 minutes ago, theminister said:

I believe this is a more likely landing spot for Hamhuis than Washington. 

Pouliot would be a great fit for us. 

Any idea how his development has been going though?  He seems to be putting up decent numbers in the minors, but has had trouble cracking the Pens' lineup.  He should have one more year waivers-free as well?  Was he playing the right side with Cederholm in Portland or was Anton?

31 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Any idea how his development has been going though?  He seems to be putting up decent numbers in the minors, but has had trouble cracking the Pens' lineup.  He should have one more year waivers-free as well?  Was he playing the right side with Cederholm in Portland or was Anton?

He's great with the puck, not so great without. Isn't physical enough as a pro yet but makes a good first pass and, most importantly, moves out of his own end at an NHL level already. Needs work on his gap control and D reads. Those parts of his game are not NHL quality yet.

I was thinking he'd need to clear but upon reflection I believe you're correct that he does have a year left before waivers. 

Pouliot played RD to Cederholm's LD. But he switched in junior to either side with ease. I think we could pencil him in as a RD. 

Archived