The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pitt interested in Hammer

aliboy

10 hours ago, stawns said:

The don't have the organizational depth at D to lose Hammer unless there is something big coming back, like a 20-22 year old dman or a high pick.  Anything less than that and he is more valuable to the Canucks than he is as trade bait.

Simple solution. Trade him for a late first round, let him go chase his name on the cup and then resign him in summer when he becomes free agent again.

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not presumptive, I'm realistic. History is on my side and NHL player agents confirm my point. 

We might be able to overpay a bit but a player can save that much in taxes by playing in Texas or Florida. 

If they sign here good, I doubt it's happening. I'll keep Edler for now. 

You don't trade away Edler thinking we'll sign so and so in the summer when there is ZERO evicence so and so want to sign here. 

One bird in hand is better than two in the bush. 

It may be 'realistic' but it's still presumptive. 

And no, I trade away Edler because by the time we're contending again, he's likely too old. A younger D fits in better with the new emerging core and a mid 20's guy like Hamonic or Gudbranson would have little to no drop off if we managed a Cinderella run before then. 

I trade him because we SEVERELY lack right side D depth. Particularly of the top 4 variety. 

I trade him because we have an uncomplimentary mix of D. 

I trade him because left D are far easier to find via UFA, trade or in fact our own prospect pool/the draft. 

We need a UFA D whether we trade Edler or not. It's not the reason to, or not to, move Edler. 

You move him because it improves the team moving forward. 

15 minutes ago, J.R. said:

It may be 'realistic' but it's still presumptive. 

And no, I trade away Edler because by the time we're contending again, he's likely too old. A younger D fits in better with the new emerging core and a mid 20's guy like Hamonic or Gudbranson would have little to no drop off if we managed a Cinderella run before then. 

I trade him because we SEVERELY lack right side D depth. Particularly of the top 4 variety. 

I trade him because we have an uncomplimentary mix of D. 

I trade him because left D are far easier to find via UFA, trade or in fact our own prospect pool/the draft. 

We need a UFA D whether we trade Edler or not. It's not the reason to, or not to, move Edler. 

You move him because it improves the team moving forward. 

Agree to disagree. 

Hamonic isn't happening. His trade demand has stood since the summer, if that was happening it would have but I don't think JB would make a mistake like that. THere is ZERO point to that trade from Canucks perspective except Hamonic is younger. Edler is worth much more to Canucks than Hamonik would be. We need the offense. Even if we get a Yandle or Goligoski, you still keep Edler over Hamonic if you're the Canucks. 

If you trade for Hamonic you offer Tanev. Not Edler.

YOu're not getting Gudbranson. I'll leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Fracturing his skull? Well the last time I seen him he was skating with a cage and he was saying he feels fine. You appear to be the ONLY guy on this thread who thinks Hammer is washed up.

Havent said "washed up"

Have said "play diminished".. "Lucky to get a second rounder at draft, or from Minors" "More like a 3rd round pick, Conditional"

"Cap Space"

your upper Jaw is also a major portion of your skull.

sorry if i seem to be taking "point" with you..  Maybe I just dont see his value as highly expected as others here.

44 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Could you imagine getting two 2nds for Hamhuis, another 2nd for Vrbata and Columbus likes next years draft class more so they forfeit this years 2nd to Vancouver and the Canucks pick 5 times in the 2nd round :D. 

Can you imagine getting a 1st for Hamhuis and a 1st for Vrbata to go with the Canucks' own 1st and the Canucks pick three times in the 1st round in a draft that Benning said liked more than the McDavid draft :D.

17 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Agree to disagree. 

Hamonic isn't happening. His trade demand has stood since the summer, if that was happening it would have but I don't think JB would make a mistake like that. THere is ZERO point to that trade from Canucks perspective except Hamonic is younger. Edler is worth much more to Canucks than Hamonik would be. We need the offense. Even if we get a Yandle or Goligoski, you still keep Edler over Hamonic if you're the Canucks. 

I'd imagine both teams would be more inclined to wait until the summer myself. You're basically pulling that our of your arse :P

Edler for Hamonic IS better moving forward as I illustrated above. Honestly there isn't that big of a drop off between them and Hamonic is just entering his prime. Edler (while ok at producing some offense) is not an offensive D FWIW.

We lack right side D. Tanev is a right side D. He'd also be far better anchoring a second pair (with a physical partner). If Edler could magically play right side, I might be more inclined to agree with you. 

Probably right on Gudbranson but Florida DOES need to do something with their D (too many many right side top 4, losing Mitchell and Campbell on the left) and they're actually competitive right now. Given their market they should be HIGHLY incentivised to make hay while they can. That includes while they have the not getting any younger Luongo playing at a high level. 

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Can you imagine getting a 1st for Hamhuis and a 1st for Vrbata to go with the Canucks' own 1st and the Canucks pick three times in the 1st round in a draft that Benning said liked more than the McDavid draft :D.

And if we miss the playoffs and somehow we win the lottery or pick somewhere in top 3? That would be a dream draft. 

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I'd imagine both teams would be more inclined to wait until the summer myself. You're basically pulling that our of your arse :P

Edler for Hamonic IS better moving forward as I illustrated above. Honestly there isn't that big of a drop off between them and Hamonic is just entering his prime. Edler (while ok at producing some offense) is not an offensive D FWIW.

We lack right side D. Tanev is a right side D. He'd also be far better anchoring a second pair (with a physical partner). If Edler could magically play right side, I might be more inclined to agree with you. 

Probably right on Gudbranson but Florida DOES need to do something with their D (too many many right side top 4, losing Mitchell and Campbell on the left) and they're actually competitive right now. Given their market they should be HIGHLY incentivised to make hay while they can. That includes while they have the not getting any younger Luongo playing at a high level. 

Hold on, Hamonic asked for trade last summer, he hasn't been traded for Edler but both teams are waiting to make the trade until next summer..... a whole year......makes a lot of sense, lmao

Talk about pulling things out of your arse..... 

Florida could sign either Yandle or Goligoski, both of whom are L shooting Dmen btw.

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hold on, Hamonic asked for trade last summer, he hasn't been traded for Edler but both teams are waiting to make the trade until next summer..... a whole year......makes a lot of sense, lmao

Talk about pulling things out of your arse..... 

Florida could sign either Yandle or Goligoski, both of whom are L shooting Dmen btw.

Situations have changed since last summer. It also wasn't  made public last summer. 

Yandle and Goligoski play slightly different roles than Campbell or Mitchell BTW. 

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

Situations have changed since last summer. It also wasn't  made public last summer. 

Yandle and Goligoski play slightly different roles than Campbell or Mitchell BTW. 

What makes you think this deal could be in place. Was their a legit report  Or are you just pulling that out of your, yeah you know where::D

Has Edler given any indication he's willing to waive his NTC, let assume he's given his OK, that would be something to wait all this time for no reason whatsoever, wait just to wait. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Agree to disagree. 

If we move Edler, not saying I'm an advocate, couldn't we start to expand Hutton's role offensively?

FTR I only do that if we are confident one of Tryamkin or Pedan is a go? To replace (and improve) on having someone with some size & can hit on the left side of our line up.  Hamonic then brings that to the right where we have no one BTW. And Hutton brings some offense.

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

You are correct 100%.  WE SHOULD THOUGH.  Stupid JB.  We'll keep Hamhuis and Vrbata, and they will both play well enough to help us finish 10 to 12th worse.  Does management not accept, we as a fan base, are wanting the team to TANK?  We, as fans, know the team needs top picks to get ELITE talent, or we will forever be in the middle.  

I don't want to tank.

Archived